RDA injured, out of fight with McGregor - now Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz (1 Viewer)

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member

CA_Gas Bag

I would not want to fight Frankie Edgar next after this news...

Though I will say McGregor wanting to fight a guy like dos Anjos is pretty ballsy, no matter the motive.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Frankie Edgar is the best fighter imo, across two divisions; three if he wanted to drop to BW.

Such bullshit. I hope Edgar puts dw and the ufc on fuckin blast

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
So if Conor loses, and I am not saying he will, but if he loses he's still a champion?

Not a bad move by the UFC gotta say, very smart to protect their golden boy.

TriangleSmoke

Motherfucker of the Century
Site Donor
CM v RDA? hahhahahahahahaahahahah

McGregor hasn't even defended his belt and they put him in a champion vs champion?
Pathetic.
Not to mention RDA has only defended his belt once. They'll likely promote it as a "super fight" despite the fact there's nothing "super" about this fight. Had both guys had multiple defenses then yea sure, call it a superfight.

0mega1

McGregor should be rematching Aldo or fighting Edgar prior to this matchmaking and RDA should have to fight the winner of Alvarez vs pettis prior as well. But... with said, I really want to see this fight so Im not going to complain about it.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
If they want to do this, fine. Conor is their biggest star and he sells PPV's. But with that said, they don't need to rush in to making this match. Granted there are no injuries....

Conor vs Edgar
RDA vs winner of Alvarez/Pettis

If both retain, have Conor vs RDA. There is no need to push this match IMO. Conor will sell whether he is fighting RDA (who isn't a draw) or someone in his own division. They don't need to waste a fight as champ vs champ.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
So if Conor loses, and I am not saying he will, but if he loses he's still a champion?

Not a bad move by the UFC gotta say, very smart to protect their golden boy.
won't be their golden boy if he loses, then what happens if he defends his belt and loses, his stock will really be damaged.
The way i see it, they are going too fast with this.

Last edited:

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
If he loses he's still champ, they can just say he lost to the bigger fighter in a new weight class. It all depends on how he does. If RDA manhandles him it's gonna be chalked up to size/weight difference.

And he's still champ if he loses.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
I take back my stance as there is no win win in this situation. If RDA wins, he beat a smaller fighter. If Conor wins, it damages the LW division.

Holding two belts in two very active weight classes is nuts. So Conor wins, but gets hurt. He then log jams two divisions?

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Are we sure Conor is fighting a bigger fighter? McGregor is listed at 5'9 with a 74-inch reach. Dos Anjos is listed at 5'8 with a 70-inch reach.

We know that McGregor has to give birth to twin baby elephants to make 145. I think he still has the size advantage in this fight.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Are we sure Conor is fighting a bigger fighter? McGregor is listed at 5'9 with a 74-inch reach. Dos Anjos is listed at 5'8 with a 70-inch reach.

We know that McGregor has to give birth to twin baby elephants to make 145. I think he still has the size advantage in this fight.
Conor reported he walks around 170-175, cutting around 30 lbs while RDA said he walks around at 195 pounds cutting 40 lbs.

*For Reference
Conor McGregor on Chael Sonnen weight cut comments: 'Don't believe everything you hear'
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/8...chael-sonnen-weight-cut-comments-dont-believe

UFC lightweight champ Rafael dos Anjos sees welterweight move in his future
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/ufc-li...os-anjos-sees-welterweight-move-in-his-future
[DOUBLEPOST=1452289189,1452288981][/DOUBLEPOST]And let's not act like Conor is the first fighter to talk about jumping weight classes.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I think it's unfair to Frankie and Aldo, but I am excited for this. I like the move. They're striking while the iron is hot. If Conor loses he is still featherweight champ. People will still tune into his fights (or I will.). I am admittedly swinging from his nuts and have been for some time. Little Irish guy who knocks people out and talks mad shit. What's not to like?

I think it is pretty smart. If he wins his mystique doubles. If he loses he is still the champ at 145. Do Aldo vs Edgar in the meantime. UFC hopes Aldo wins. Do a rematch of Aldo vs Connor. Connor possibly loses and you have a trilogy fight. UFC keeps him away from Frankie for as long as they can.

I see this as a good move by the UFC and I sure the fuck will be watching. It will be entertaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kano wrote on Karen's profile.
Are you the Karen from the internet?
I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks