RDA injured, out of fight with McGregor - now Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz (1 Viewer)

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
UFC Booking McGregor vs. RDA Title Fight For March In Dallas
Our sources at ENtimports.com have confirmed that Conor McGregor will fight Rafael dos Anjos in March in Dallas, for the UFC lightweight world title.

It has been unclear what move McGregor would make next, whether it be a title defense at featherweight or a move up to lightweight. And now it looks like we have our answer. Multiple sources confirmed with Entimports that this fight is a go, however, UFC officials have yet to announce it.
UFC 196 becomes UFC Fight Night 82 after move to Fox Sports 1
The event, which takes place on Feb. 6 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena, saw it’s main cardmove from pay-per-view to FOX Sports 1. Now, the name has changed from UFC 196 to UFC Fight Night 82 to reflect the broadcast changes. Former welterweight champion Johny Hendricks (17-3 MMA, 12-3 UFC) and fellow contender Stephen Thompson (11-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) serve as the main event for the card.

This change will obviously have a ripple effect as the event previously named UFC 197, headlined by lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos defending his title against featherweight champion Conor McGregor, is now UFC 196. The event takes place takes place March 5 , also at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Last edited:

SandyWH

CHAOS KREATOR
If true, which I doubt, I think it's lame as hell to McGregor just won the title and now he's gonna jump back and forth looking for the most cash possible.

Meanwhile RDA will mop him up. And Edgar must sit there and wait for the division that he juts cleaned out to reorder itself to decide you gets the next go, unless they give Aldo the chance to fight Edgar for the title.

Either way, if this fight gets booked, Conor should have to vacate the FW belt.

Hillbilly

Deluxe Edition
I hate to be THAT guy but: Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor sounds like more fun

RDA wont play his game and may indeed humble him if this goes down. I'd pay to see this as it would be an awesome fight and I think Dos Anjos would give him a run for his money and most likely could pull off the win.

Conor likes getting under peoples skin and talking all kinds of shit. The Diaz brothers patented that. I wanna see what Conor does when he doesnt have the size or reach advantage and somebody steps to him with a middle finger in his face and tells him he aint shit and to fuck himself.

That's the fight I want to see. I mean I want to see this too tho, but I bet you Diaz vs McGregor would have a bigger gate and PPV sales out the roof compared to McGregor vs Aldo. Just my 2 cents, I'll put it back in my pocket now.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I don't give a fucking fuck who gets what fight...

I, Captain J. T. Ninjastix, like this fight. I think they'll beat the shit out of each other. I would like to see them beat the shit out each other. I'm not a Conor doubter, but I think RDA wins.

Truth be told I hope they kill each other. I enjoy violence.

Pashak

I am calling bullshit on this one.
BTW didn´t Conor broke his wrist hammer fisting Aldo´s face? Would he be ready to fight in 3 months?

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I like any fight that involves Connor and RDA and I most certainly will gladly watch them fight. If Connor wins then we might be witnessing one of the greatest runs in mma history. I feel bad for Frankie if this is the case. Hopefully they will take care of him.

chuckthechamp

#NinerEmpire
This is so disappointing.. Aldo is the most dominant fw champ ever.. p4p great and no rematch? RR gets one, but not Aldo? Shit even cain gets one! Fuck the ufc..

plus, without sounding like a hater, rda will beat conor on the ground handidly imo.. we saw how conor looked on his back against a smaller fighter with no prep.. i think rda pummels him on tge ground..

m1ckey kn0x

deranged derelict
Site Donor
McGregor, the shot caller. I love it. Tough luck for Frankie. He will get his turn after Conor knocks RDA out and comes home with the LW belt. Aldo/Edgar can fight to chew on Conor's old interim belt for now.

What happens if Conor wins the LW belt then goes back to defend it against Edgar and loses? Then Edgar becomes both the FW and LW champion? Just a thought. I don't believe that will happen at all though. I hope Conor pulls all this shit off. It would be one of the most amazing stories in the fight game ever.

Poindexter

Staff member
Given Aldo's tenure of utter dominance his claim for a rematch should be heeded. Following that, Frankie is the rightful #1 contender. I'd like to see McGregor vs. RDA, and I think it would be a tall task for the Irishman, but that fight should wait.

Peezy

Voice of the people
UFC needs to milk the mick as long as they can. Probably smarter to put him in a more winnable and marketable fight against Nate Diaz than to potentially see him lose this one which also cheapens his 145 lb title.

Sniggles

ex nihilo
If Aldo does not get a rematch then he shoild get a tune up while Edgar fights Conor. I don't want to see McG duck the FW division nor has he earned a superfight until he has cleared the division. He will have cleared the division if he wins thise two fights.

RDA looks like he will ragdoll Conor with his "new strength and conditioning".

jokerthief

No reason to get excited.
Site Donor
This is a mistake. Let RDA get a couple more defenses under his belt and have his star rise. Have McGregor fight Edgar and maybe Aldo again and THEN make the RDA fight. Then it will be 2 million ppv buys big. Yes, my plan is a gamble, but I would be willing to bet on McGregor and RDA. I think each is very likely to consolidate their divisions. Just keep Khabib away from RDA for two fights. Shouldn't be too hard.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
This is a mistake. Let RDA get a couple more defenses under his belt and have his star rise. Have McGregor fight Edgar and maybe Aldo again and THEN make the RDA fight. Then it will be 2 million ppv buys big. Yes, my plan is a gamble, but I would be willing to bet on McGregor and RDA. I think each is very likely to consolidate their divisions. Just keep Khabib away from RDA for two fights. Shouldn't be too hard.
You want McGregor to fight Frankie and Aldo again, but as long as RDA stays away from Khabib the McGregor-Dos Anjos match-up is safe? I think you're stacking the odds on the wrong horse here, my friend.

jokerthief

Site Donor
You want McGregor to fight Frankie and Aldo again, but as long as RDA stays away from Khabib the McGregor-Dos Anjos match-up is safe? I think you're stacking the odds on the wrong horse here, my friend.
I'll make any bet you want that McGregor beats Aldo again and Edgar if they make those fights.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
I'll make any bet you want that McGregor beats Aldo again and Edgar if they make those fights.
You know I'm down for that, but it doesn't convince me that those fights are less likely to derail a McGregor-Dos Anjos superfight than a Khabib-RDA match-up.

jokerthief

Site Donor
You know I'm down for that, but it doesn't convince me that those fights are less likely to derail a McGregor-Dos Anjos superfight than a Khabib-RDA match-up.
I think it will definitely be different RJA/Khabib fight than their first one. RDA is a lot better and Khabib should have some ring rust. I just wouldn't want to risk it if I were a promoter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kano wrote on Karen's profile.
Are you the Karen from the internet?
I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks