Rad Dad Thread (1 Viewer)

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
It has been a week of good times with beautiful weather... Heading into a week of rain. This clown is going to be doing a lot of dancing to keep this boy entertained.

Fuck either its the extra energy being a dad or I am getting old or both. I passed out in my computer chair during the Cejudo Cruz fight.... again. As has happened the last 3 events, I pass out before the main event. I was stoked for the co and co-main too. Fuck, by the time we get this boy to bed and eat some food, I am on countdown myself. Lil fucker is still waking up, wide awake for the day at 5am.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
13 and a half months and this kid is learning shit daily.

Took his first real steps this week.

Started signing multiple signs consistently - milk, eat, help, all done, bird.

Learning new processes after just experiencing them a few times - His hair is getting long, he has been waking up sweaty from his afternoon nap with is hair everywhere. by the third time brushing it, he has started to grab the brush and attempt to do it himself.

What a fun time with this lil man.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
13 and a half months and this kid is learning shit daily.

Took his first real steps this week.

Started signing multiple signs consistently - milk, eat, help, all done, bird.

Learning new processes after just experiencing them a few times - His hair is getting long, he has been waking up sweaty from his afternoon nap with is hair everywhere. by the third time brushing it, he has started to grab the brush and attempt to do it himself.

What a fun time with this lil man.
Wait until he starts really developing a real personality. They're so much fun

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Wait until he starts really developing a real personality. They're so much fun
This kid is a total ham and jokester.

Its crazy to watch him do something and then clearly watch for your reaction. If he knows its something he shouldn't be doing he will look at you with a different expression than if not and he will immediately try to change the subject by pointing out something else.

Lil fucker is still killing us with the early mornings though. 5am is considered a good morning these days. Sleeps straight through from 7 pm until .... 430-5ish. Will wake up, talk to himself in the crib for 10-15 min and then start to cry... and cry... until you get him up. She can try to feed him and put him back down at any point (tried prior, right at, after) after that wake up and it doesnt work. When this boy is up, he is up.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
This kid is a total ham and jokester.

Its crazy to watch him do something and then clearly watch for your reaction. If he knows its something he shouldn't be doing he will look at you with a different expression than if not and he will immediately try to change the subject by pointing out something else.

Lil fucker is still killing us with the early mornings though. 5am is considered a good morning these days. Sleeps straight through from 7 pm until .... 430-5ish. Will wake up, talk to himself in the crib for 10-15 min and then start to cry... and cry... until you get him up. She can try to feed him and put him back down at any point (tried prior, right at, after) after that wake up and it doesnt work. When this boy is up, he is up.
Some of them are just like that. The oldest boy just got his big boy bed.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
This early morning shit is killing me.

4:30 this morning, left babbling and then crying in his crib until 5. Little lady took the early shift today thankfully, but its nuts, this boy wakes up full speed. I dont think it would be so bad if he gave us 15 minutes to wake up and have a coffee but no, its full speed within 2 minutes of getting him out of his crib.

With that said, fuck he is is fun at this age - 14.5 months.

This month he has gone from 10% walking/90% crawling to 90% walking/10% crawling. Picking up words and signs. Watching for reactions and reacting to those reactions. Playful jokes.

Pretty much everything is open here. Playgrounds opened again this week. Lil man loved it. So shy in public now but I enjoy it cuz he just cuddles into me when being shy.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Fuck. Return to work in 3 months. We have secured daycare which is very hard around here. Going with 3 days per week, we will both work 4 days per week. Still hard to imagine dropping him off at daycare for the day. With covid, I haven't had a babysitter or alternate care other than the lil lady on her days off since I went on parental leave. My parents were just down and it was weird leaving him with anyone for anything more than his nap.

Time moves too fast. I swear I notice change day to day. This covid shit really cramped our style for a few months. Making the most of summer, a few trips up north planned, a few camping trips planned.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Fuck. Return to work in 3 months. We have secured daycare which is very hard around here. Going with 3 days per week, we will both work 4 days per week. Still hard to imagine dropping him off at daycare for the day. With covid, I haven't had a babysitter or alternate care other than the lil lady on her days off since I went on parental leave. My parents were just down and it was weird leaving him with anyone for anything more than his nap.

Time moves too fast. I swear I notice change day to day. This covid shit really cramped our style for a few months. Making the most of summer, a few trips up north planned, a few camping trips planned.
When you drop him off at daycare for the first time, leave yourself enough time before you go to work. Because when you get back to your car you're probably going to need a minute. Don't worry, it's normal and will go away by day #3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."
thumper wrote on DOCTOR's profile.
Yoink! man what would we do without @DOCTOR posting events?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties