Post Your Movie Reviews Here

ILJO

Site Donor
The Kid Detective

Well, what a pleasant surprise of a film starring Adam Brody as a genius boy detective who grew up to be a former genius boy detective. What starts as a dark comedy ends being a pretty fucked thriller. The less said the better. Highly recommend, it will surprise you.
On what platform could one watch this movie?

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
The Foxcatcher (documentary)- what a fascinating story. I wanted to watch it ever since I heard on Twitter a few days ago that Mark Schultz purposely lost the olympics in 88 because he didn’t want that to be in a Foxcatcher award. The documentary doesn’t talk to mark or follow marks story at all. It’s all about John & Dave and what happened. Now I need to see the movie about this story.

Bran

The wolf dead.
The Foxcatcher (documentary)- what a fascinating story. I wanted to watch it ever since I heard on Twitter a few days ago that Mark Schultz purposely lost the olympics in 88 because he didn’t want that to be in a Foxcatcher award. The documentary doesn’t talk to mark or follow marks story at all. It’s all about John & Dave and what happened. Now I need to see the movie about this story.
I’m in the opposite boat. I’ve only seen the movie, which is incredible. Where’s the doc streaming?

Noise

Ruido
Pussy ass John Dupont – he look exactly like that other squirrley lookin' pussy, what's his name. The weirdo from the Jinx HBO docu-series. And he look like Phil Spector, smh.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Pussy ass John Dupont – he look exactly like that other squirrley lookin' pussy, what's his name. The weirdo from the Jinx HBO docu-series. And he look like Phil Spector, smh.
My god, The Jinx was my favorite doc series in a while. He's a little reptile man: Robert Durst.

Noise

Ruido
God, man – Who has that great joke about, like, a turtleneck sweater being like a little guy trying but failing to strangle you.

I think it was Mitch Hedberg – I'm almost positive it was. What an unbelievably talented dude the world lost, smh.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I’ve known little people. Smoked a doobie with a little person. It’s magical watching their little hands roll a j.
I'm a little person, but not a "little person." Nonetheless, and on the behalf of my tiny brethren, I will punch you in your god damn shins.
Post automatically merged:

God, man – Who has that great joke about, like, a turtleneck sweater being like a little guy trying but failing to strangle you.

I think it was Mitch Hedberg – I'm almost positive it was. What an unbelievably talented dude the world lost, smh.
Yeh, it was Hedberg. That guy was a legend. The Pringles bit pops in my head every time I see a can.

Last edited:

Bran

The wolf dead.

Wearing a turtle neck is like having a weak guy try to strangle you all day. Wearing a turtleneck with a backpack is like having a real weak midget trying to take you down

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
If I was was rich I’d definitely have a little person on the payroll to roll my doobies. Not sure if that makes me some kind of a racist, or a weirdo but I am what I am, and that’s like if we lived in a perfect world scenario. I’d pay well, and everything would be on the up and up (treated well).

ILJO

Site Donor
The Kid Detective

Well, what a pleasant surprise of a film starring Adam Brody as a genius boy detective who grew up to be a former genius boy detective. What starts as a dark comedy ends being a pretty fucked thriller. The less said the better. Highly recommend, it will surprise you.
Loved it. Great reco, buddy.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
You're welcome. Saw it referenced on RLM and it's rare that Jay and Mike agree on something in that genre. I didn't expect it to go where it went but I thought it stuck the landing.

ILJO

Site Donor
I didn't expect it to go where it went but I thought it stuck the landing.
Agreed. A good ending that wraps things up nicely and leaves you feeling satisfied with the story (and isn't corny) is hard to pull off.

What I was most impressed with though was the conciceness of the storytelling. What could have easily been a long and convoluted story was packed nicely into just over an hour and half. I don't know if that's the writing or directing or editing or what (likely all of the above) but there was very little to no fat there at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail
Top Bottom