Post Fight: Ruiz vs Joshua 2 [Saturday Dec 7] [SPOILERS]

Noise

Ruido
My nigga<3.

No clue why I'm looking forward to this, but here we are.

thumper

Staff member
Fuck yes, some Saturday afternoon fights!
I really like high profile fights
My nigga<3.

No clue why I'm looking forward to this, but here we are.
Well come on, he should have never lost that fight. christ he knocked him down in the 1st right? he should have been able to close that out.

But really, we're talking about two guys that have big records AJ is 22-1 (that 1 being that last fight), and Ruiz who is 33-1 and looks about like a fat easter egg.

If AJ doesnt win his belts/titles back in this fight his entire career loses all its trajectory but Ruiz becomes a huge star. Otherwise, AJ picks right back up where he was (well he loses some luster after losing that) and he keeps building up.

I dont know, this is a huge fight for both guy's careers. come on that's exciting!

thumper

Staff member
oh man. whole different joshua this time and ruiz's eye popped like a balloon. that had to be a previous cut
[DOUBLEPOST=1575753962,1575753775][/DOUBLEPOST]ooh this is gonna be bloody. both guys cut
[DOUBLEPOST=1575754218][/DOUBLEPOST]
easily 3-0 joshua​

thumper

Staff member
i'm not sure. that might have been an even round. but that right hook from blimpy was big
[DOUBLEPOST=1575754612,1575754552][/DOUBLEPOST]Ruiz is going to come in at some point and get close. he's going to try to finish him in the next few rounds I think
[DOUBLEPOST=1575754717][/DOUBLEPOST]
agreed.
3-1 now. but I don't think points are going to matter. ruiz is going to start pressing
[DOUBLEPOST=1575754955][/DOUBLEPOST]5-1 (and that 1 is questionable)
[DOUBLEPOST=1575755378][/DOUBLEPOST]round 8 and here comes ruiz
[DOUBLEPOST=1575755673][/DOUBLEPOST]9 down and man ruiz looks dangerous to me.
[DOUBLEPOST=1575755857][/DOUBLEPOST]jesus ruiz is brutal when joshua tries to clinch.
[DOUBLEPOST=1575755923][/DOUBLEPOST]i'm so stressed waiting for ruiz to explode. i know it's coming.
[DOUBLEPOST=1575756153][/DOUBLEPOST]oooh last round. all comes down to this.

thumper

Staff member
i don't mind talking to myself either ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1575756198,1575756171][/DOUBLEPOST]
Strike and bike working quite while.
working very well. but he's got one more round to survive
[DOUBLEPOST=1575756612][/DOUBLEPOST]Well he did it!
[DOUBLEPOST=1575756638][/DOUBLEPOST]now does Ruiz demand an automatic rubber match? i bet he does.

thumper

Staff member
I guess we got the answer to my
I don't think there should be one.
actually I kind of do. but they won't. they don't want ruiz as champ. they didn't want him to win the first one.

But AJ showed that he may have learned a whole new game and definitely added a strategy he didn[t have before. If he doesn't get stuck in it and can fluidly fight both ways he could be a monster.

but as it stand now? he can't beat deontay or fury either, so it really doesn't matter.

Poindexter

Staff member
actually I kind of do. but they won't. they don't want ruiz as champ. they didn't want him to win the first one.
Ruiz just doesn't have an answer for that movement, and I don't see him developing one.
[DOUBLEPOST=1575761412,1575761028][/DOUBLEPOST]

thumper

Staff member
Ruiz just doesn't have an answer for that movement, and I don't see him developing one.
[DOUBLEPOST=1575761412,1575761028][/DOUBLEPOST]
agreed. but he could have won that fight if he'd have stopped hanging on the edge and letting AJ dictate the range. if he had just stepped in more I think he could have one again. All he needs is to get in close and get one clean hard shot. even just stepping out of the clinch.

he could have done a LOT better in this fight. but it almost seems like his goal was to just win it and he didn't give a shit about keeping it. he set his record, and didn't even go back to training until like 2 months after AJ did.

And he ballooned up which made it pretty clear where his head likely was

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
agreed. but he could have won that fight if he'd have stopped hanging on the edge and letting AJ dictate the range. if he had just stepped in more I think he could have one again. All he needs is to get in close and get one clean hard shot. even just stepping out of the clinch.

he could have done a LOT better in this fight. but it almost seems like his goal was to just win it and he didn't give a shit about keeping it. he set his record, and didn't even go back to training until like 2 months after AJ did.

And he ballooned up which made it pretty clear where his head likely was
He couldn't get in close, Joshua kept jabbing him in the face

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest profile posts

"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."
Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom