Paige VanZant hints at return to MMA, hits out at haters over BKFC switch

Poindexter

Staff member

Paige VanZant is just one week away from her bare-knuckle boxing debut, but she revealed that she hasn’t completely closed the door on MMA just yet.

Speaking to TMZ Sports ahead of her bout with Britain Hart at BKFC: Knuckle Mania on Feb. 5, VanZant revealed that she learned of a clause in her current deal that allowed her to take an MMA bout while still under contract with BKFC.

“BKFC, they did give me the liberty in my contract to be able to take an MMA fight. I was informed of that by my manager, and I didn’t know that at first,” VanZant explained. “At first, I was like, ‘No, I just want to do the boxing.’ But I think that, coming to American Top Team, it rebirthed my excitement and I now realize how good I am.”

VanZant waxed lyrical about how training at the South Florida gym had boosted her confidence as an MMA fighter, despite her decision to walk away from the sport to pursue a new fighting career in the world of bare-knuckle boxing. That newfound confidence, she said, could one day see her return to the cage again.

“I’m training with these coaches who believe in me. Having them say they believe in me, and they train some of the best fighters in the entire world, and they look at me and they believe that I’m good,” she said. “So that kinda sparked that passion all over the place. So yeah, maybe I will take an MMA fight. I’m strictly focused on the boxing right now, especially for this fight. That’s all I do. But, maybe. Let’s see. The door is open, so it’s definitely there.”

VanZant also took a stand against those who have spoken negatively about her switch from MMA to bare-knuckle boxing, and said that she has stayed quiet about the hate she’s received for too long.

“You know what? I have, for the majority of my career – and I’ve been thinking about this – why have I kept my mouth shut so much about all the haters, and about all the hate and negativity I get?” she said. “My idea was, if you talk (expletive) about somebody, you should be willing to say that to their face. And not a single person who has said anything negative about me publicly has been willing to say it to my face, and I’ve seen people in person.”

She also had a clear message for those who said she shouldn’t subject her face to the at-times graphic damage that can be sustained during a bare-knuckle fight.

“All the negativity about ‘Oh! My face!’ Grow up!” she said. “It’s a face, and it’s mine, and I can do whatever I want with it, and guess what, I’m still going to be beautiful, even if I get cut open. It’s not a big deal. … That’s so condescending to think of your beauty as being important.”

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
She followed me on all social media until she got married. Then she unfollowed lol. I think she still follows me on Twitter but it’s been a long time since I’ve interacted with her.

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
She followed me on all social media until she got married. Then she unfollowed lol. I think she still follows me on Twitter but it’s been a long time since I’ve interacted with her.
Don’t be holding out on us broseph. If you’ve got the beans then spill them. I’m living vicariously through you. It’s for the greater good that you tell us.

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
Don’t be holding out on us broseph. If you’ve got the beans then spill them. I’m living vicariously through you. It’s for the greater good that you tell us.
Not a lot to say. She used to hit me up about dance in LA and stuff. She’d comment on my posts as well. She was never in LA long enough to ever actually come through. Though she did want to take my pro class.

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Not a lot to say. She used to hit me up about dance in LA and stuff. She’d comment on my posts as well. She was never in LA long enough to ever actually come through. Though she did want to take my pro class.
I see. You’re a gentleman. I respect that. Feel free though to pm me the naughty stuff. Use small words. I’m a simple kind of man.

thumper

Staff member
LOL at her reasoning. 'say it to my face' just doesn't cut it. They pretend that people their entire lives don't constantly talk about everyone behind each other's back. The only difference is they get to read about it first hand.

'Say it to my face' reminds me of 'I'm rubber you're glue'. She doesn't have any reason to even acknowledge that kind of shit. No MMA fighters or pro athletes or shit anyone does. We all know that everyone experiences it in every aspect of every level of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toolfan14
Top Bottom