Obama's Democratic nomination acceptance speech..

Chris

Did anyone else watch this last night? I missed it Live, but I did catch it later on in the night.. And Holy. Crap. If that wasn't a historic and riveting speech I don't know what is.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
That was a hell of a speech. It was a speech that made me believe he was indeed a leader and a President. I hope he wins and that he delivers. I think that he will eat McCain in the debates.

I really hope he follows through on getting rid of NAFTA so us Canadians can finally use our own fuckin oil.

Noob

www.myspace.com/mmaspot
Lol, I watched it in its entirety on Youtube.

Whoever his speech writer is, he/she deserves a healthy raise.

T

thebwit

Lol, I watched it in its entirety on Youtube.

Whoever his speech writer is, he/she deserves a healthy raise.
really all I could find was Part 1, 2, 3, 4 which totals like 24 minutes. The speech is 50+. Just finished it, and damn. Should be interesting to see what McCain has to say.

Noob

www.myspace.com/mmaspot
Weird. I did a google search and it sent me to the youtube URL. It was 45 minutes or so, one video.

Gr8_White_Rabbit

GnP that Diverticulitis
All he did was bash McCain and talk about all his programs he is going to provide. Hey Barack, where the funding for these programs coming from? Paying teachers more? I thought local school districts made those decisions. What a donkey.

T

thebwit

All he did was bash McCain and talk about all his programs he is going to provide. Hey Barack, where the funding for these programs coming from? Paying teachers more? I thought local school districts made those decisions. What a donkey.
There's one flaw in your logic - where's the funding for what Bush has been doing coming from?

And he didn't bash McCain - he pointed out McCains good stuff and his bad. He even said that it is time to stop with the negative campaigning and focus on what is important.

Gr8_White_Rabbit

GnP that Diverticulitis
There's one flaw in your logic - where's the funding for what Bush has been doing coming from?
Flawed logic? Did I mention Bush? He is driving up the deficit with his foreign aid packages and overseas military spending. Obama would only make things worse by raising taxes. Shit, Sarah Palin has more experiance than the "community organizer" and she's running for the VP position.

Krazikarl

Cthulhu fhtagn
Gr8_White_Rabbit said:
Uh huh...

So you expected Obama to outline details of his financial plans in an acceptance speech? Doesnt it seem a bit unreasonable to expect him to talk about accounting and details of his budgetary plans in this type of environment?

There are times and places to discuss that kind of stuff. An acceptance speech whose purpose is to excite people is not that time and place.

T

thebwit

Flawed logic? Did I mention Bush? He is driving up the deficit with his foreign aid packages and overseas military spending. Obama would only make things worse by raising taxes. Shit, Sarah Palin has more experiance than the "community organizer" and she's running for the VP position.
have you even seen the tax plan proposed by Obama? Didn't you hear the bit about 95% of americans will either be the same or less taxed? This image from the Washington Post:

Tell me where taxes are going to go up other than for the 146,000 people, yes that's right, 146,000 people who earn 2.5 mil or more per year.

Jager Meister Hunter

^^^This is true. I originally had non-partisan on my d.l. when I got out here to Florida but I'm pretty convinced I'm of democrat inclined than republican. The thing that stopped me form putting down democrat on my d.l. at the time was because Obama wasn't gonna go for the big chair. I was still coming off the Kerry disappointment. But I told myself if Obama ever does go for office I'll go back and change it to Democrat status. I knew back then I liked what this guy was about.
I moved into a house so I need to go to the dmv and change my address and now change something else too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

foundstarr wrote on Ninjastix's profile.
playing anything fun?
Welcome to our fortress tall
Take some time to show you around
My small collection of whisk(e)y is now at twelve bottles. Not the worst problem to have. hehe
You might be a financial wizard
With a sack of loot
All I see is a slimy lizard
With an expensive suit.
crack it's a helluva drug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom