New TV Show Review Thread

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Now that we are done with "The Shield," we needed something else to binge watch like maniacs. We literally watch one show for weeks at a time until we are finished with it from the beginning to the end and then move on to something else. We both really want to see "Ozark" but I heard that the final season of that is coming soon. There's also "Better Call Saul" which is also about to air the final season in the near future. For that reason, I'd rather wait until they're done before starting it.

So we chose "Bosch" on Amazon Prime Video. I like Titus Welliver a lot from Deadwood and Sons of Anarchy and had been meaning to see this for a while. It has a great supporting cast too. Jamie Hector from "The Wire" is Bosch's partner. Lance Reddick, also from "The Wire" is his boss. Sarah Clarke and Annie Wersching, both from 24, play his ex-wife and love interest respectively. We plowed through Season 1 in just a few days. It's easy to do with a season is only 10 episodes. I like it that way. Keeps it tight and concise.

After season 1, it's more streamlined than your traditional police procedural like CSI and each episode ties together with an endgame in mind for the end of the season but it also leaves you wanting more. You expect a twist and one doesn't come. I'm going to keep watching it because I do enjoy it. There are 6 seasons available and I didn't realize until we had already started that the final season has yet to air but is coming soon.

I also started re-watching "Justified" at work while I'm working. I like to have something playing that I don't have to give my entire attention to and this is perfect for that being this is my third time through it. I have to say though, I found myself, yesterday, of stopping what I'm doing and getting lost in it. It's such a good fucking show.

kc56

Now that we are done with "The Shield," we needed something else to binge watch like maniacs. We literally watch one show for weeks at a time until we are finished with it from the beginning to the end and then move on to something else. We both really want to see "Ozark" but I heard that the final season of that is coming soon. There's also "Better Call Saul" which is also about to air the final season in the near future. For that reason, I'd rather wait until they're done before starting it.

So we chose "Bosch" on Amazon Prime Video. I like Titus Welliver a lot from Deadwood and Sons of Anarchy and had been meaning to see this for a while. It has a great supporting cast too. Jamie Hector from "The Wire" is Bosch's partner. Lance Reddick, also from "The Wire" is his boss. Sarah Clarke and Annie Wersching, both from 24, play his ex-wife and love interest respectively. We plowed through Season 1 in just a few days. It's easy to do with a season is only 10 episodes. I like it that way. Keeps it tight and concise.

After season 1, it's more streamlined than your traditional police procedural like CSI and each episode ties together with an endgame in mind for the end of the season but it also leaves you wanting more. You expect a twist and one doesn't come. I'm going to keep watching it because I do enjoy it. There are 6 seasons available and I didn't realize until we had already started that the final season has yet to air but is coming soon.

I also started re-watching "Justified" at work while I'm working. I like to have something playing that I don't have to give my entire attention to and this is perfect for that being this is my third time through it. I have to say though, I found myself, yesterday, of stopping what I'm doing and getting lost in it. It's such a good fucking show.
I too loved Justified. Rayland, Arlo, Boyd, even Art was a great character.

You left off one of the other great parts of Bosch. Not only has Marlo and Cedric, but it’s available in Dolby Vision.

I’m pretty sure Ozark and Better Call Saul are at least HDR, but unlike Prime, you have to login and upgrade your Netflix membership to get them to pop.

Beardown98

I too loved Justified. Rayland, Arlo, Boyd, even Art was a great character.

You left off one of the other great parts of Bosch. Not only has Marlo and Cedric, but it’s available in Dolby Vision.

I’m pretty sure Ozark and Better Call Saul are at least HDR, but unlike Prime, you have to login and upgrade your Netflix membership to get them to pop.
HDR and 4K streaming on prime is the reason why I started watching the expanse. Which I really got into but haven’t started the new season yet.

kc56

HDR and 4K streaming on prime is the reason why I started watching the expanse. Which I really got into but haven’t started the new season yet.
Amen to that. Dolby Vision pops on a different level on some of those shows.

The Expanse was almost distractingly sharp and bright to me, but It was still so pretty I couldn’t stop watching it.

Lost in Space and Altered Carbon on Netflix also looked great. Check out the difference between Lemony Snicket’s season 1 and 2.

Beardown98

Amen to that. Dolby Vision pops on a different level on some of those shows.

The Expanse was almost distractingly sharp and bright to me, but It was still so pretty I couldn’t stop watching it.

Lost in Space and Altered Carbon on Netflix also looked great. Check out the difference between Lemony Snicket’s season 1 and 2.
I haven’t watched Altered Carbon or Lemony but will check both out. Lost in Space was binged watched when it was released and again when Season two came out, it was stunning.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
Recently went through the Harley Quinn animated series on HBO Max, which is pretty hilarious. Finishing up the new Perry Mason series, which is very good.

Noise

Ruido
Recently went through the Harley Quinn animated series on HBO Max, which is pretty hilarious. Finishing up the new Perry Mason series, which is very good.
Yo, f'REAL. That Harley animated series – saying it surprised me would be an understatement. I fucking hate comedy these days, so this thing was particularly fun to watch. I'm on season two right now. So fucking dope. The violence is great too.

Lake Bell is a fucking goddess.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
Yo, f'REAL. That Harley animated series – saying it surprised me would be an understatement. I fucking hate comedy these days, so this thing was particularly fun to watch. I'm on season two right now. So fucking dope. The violence is great too.

Lake Bell is a fucking goddess.
Clayface fucking kills me with every line read and Funches' King Shark slays

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
We finished Bosch a few days ago and I decided to revisit "The Wire." I haven't seen it since the series finale aired 12 years ago and my ol lady hasn't ever watched it so it's like watching it anew for the most part. I remember some key moments but it's worth re-visiting. I told her before going in that she's going to recognize a lot of actors from shows we've been watching and she's already picked out a few. Seeing Lance Reddick all young and skinny was funny for her. He looks a lot different than he does on Bosch.

The one that I didn't realize was a teenage Michael B. Jordan. I had to look it up to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Two episodes in so far.

I think I want to re-visit Oz next. It's been almost 20 years since I watched that and I remember loving that show.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
We finished Bosch a few days ago and I decided to revisit "The Wire." I haven't seen it since the series finale aired 12 years ago and my ol lady hasn't ever watched it so it's like watching it anew for the most part. I remember some key moments but it's worth re-visiting. I told her before going in that she's going to recognize a lot of actors from shows we've been watching and she's already picked out a few. Seeing Lance Reddick all young and skinny was funny for her. He looks a lot different than he does on Bosch.

The one that I didn't realize was a teenage Michael B. Jordan. I had to look it up to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Two episodes in so far.

I think I want to re-visit Oz next. It's been almost 20 years since I watched that and I remember loving that show.
The Wire scares me with it's relevance sometimes, but always worth re-watching.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Just finished the 2nd season of Justified. I'm watching at work because I've seen it before, this being my third time through, because I like something playing while I work that I don't have to pay 100 percent attention to. That said, it still pulls me right in. It's as good on the third viewing as it was on the first. This second season was outstanding. I love the setting, the music, the entire cast, I just love it. Such a good show.

ILJO

Site Donor
I started watching Devs last night. It's pretty dope, doggies. I'll probably finish it tonight.

What should I watch next?

ILJO

Site Donor
I started watching Devs last night. It's pretty dope, doggies. I'll probably finish it tonight.

What should I watch next?
I was having an increasingly difficult time suspending my disbelief toward the end. The ending itself downright pissed me off. Hard to say anything specific without being spoilery.

I guess it was worth the ride though? Not sure I'd recommend, although it does seem to have gotten generally positive reviews.

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
Bridgerton- a gossip girl version of Downtown Abbey with sex. That’s essentially what it is. I enjoyed but didn’t love.

Tiny Little Things- a pro ballet school murder mystery. Honestly much better than it should be. Some good dancing too. They could have tightened the script a little bit more but it is what it is. I enjoyed it.

cobra Kai- season 3 was dope. Amazing show.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I’m on the third episode of the 2020 version of “The Stand.” I hate how it’s not in chronological order. The time jumps back and forth but it doesn’t seem like any of it is planned. Just seems like they filmed it all and the scenes are just in a random order.

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
Star Girl- honestly this was so much better than a lot of the CW shows. Felt if it was hbo Max it would have been better, but I’m looking forward to season 2. I burned through season 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toolfan14
Top Bottom