New TV Show Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Bran

The wolf dead.
Just finished FXX’s Dave. Really good. Funny, but also unique and of its own.
I’m just a few episodes into What We Do in the Shadows but it’s hilarious.

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor
I recently started watching Impractical Jokers and downloaded the TruTV Apple TV app. I got about 8 episodes in to season one (of eight seasons). I logged in tonight and the first 5 seasons are all gone. Only seasons 6-8 are left. I’m not paying $3 an episode on Vudu for it. I’m hoping another streaming service picked it up and that’s why it’s gone from the TruTV app.
Impractical Jokers is perfect background television. It's really funny. It has great replay value and has no plot so you don't have to worry if you miss anything.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Impractical Jokers is perfect background television. It's really funny. It has great replay value and has no plot so you don't have to worry if you miss anything.
The movie sucked but I love the tv show.

We binged season 4 of Naked and Afraid XL in 3 days. I love that show too.

Trodden

A terrible human being
Solar Opposites

a new show on Hulu made by the same people who make Rick and Morty

also has all the same voice actors, and a few extra. Its basically a show that Rick and Morty would find channel surfing on commercials of 'Ball Fondlers'

pretty good if you like that whole Rick and Morty thing

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
I am binge watching the entire series of Psych. Then I think I will move on to the Mentalist, if I can find it streaming somewhere. I love me some fake psychics.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I am binge watching the entire series of Psych. Then I think I will move on to the Mentalist, if I can find it streaming somewhere. I love me some fake psychics.
I watched a couple episodes of Psych and it was good but I didn't get hooked.

The Mentalist is really good.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
I watched a couple episodes of Psych and it was good but I didn't get hooked.

The Mentalist is really good.
Psych is an acquired taste. I loved it from the very beginning. The interactions between Gus and Shawn are some of the best interactions in TV. There chemistry is top notch. Then you add in the long brewing romance Shawn and Juliet and the eventual pay off and you have t.v. magic. The Mentalist is great because of how Patrick tricks the murderers in to confessing or getting caught red handed. Plus the same budding romance that really doesn't start to pick up until the end of the series. Just really love both shows.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Psych is an acquired taste. I loved it from the very beginning. The interactions between Gus and Shawn are some of the best interactions in TV. There chemistry is top notch. Then you add in the long brewing romance Shawn and Juliet and the eventual pay off and you have t.v. magic. The Mentalist is great because of how Patrick tricks the murderers in to confessing or getting caught red handed. Plus the same budding romance that really doesn't start to pick up until the end of the series. Just really love both shows.
I loved psych. Did you watch Monk? I dug that too. Love Tony Shaloub. Wings is also awesome!

Bran

The wolf dead.
The captain on Monk is the guy who played buffalo bill. Took me a while to not picture him telling people to put the lotion on.
And isn't his deputy Ron Swanson?

I never watched Monk start to finish as a series, but I always enjoyed the episodes I'd catch in syndication. Sadly, they were often the same episodes, but still, as good of a procedural case-of-the-week whodunnit as you'll find

Reactions: Miz

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
My only gripe about "The Mentalist" is the show really lost steam after they solved the Red John case. That was the whole basis for the show and after it was done, the show just wasn't the same. It would have been better had they ended the show with the Red John case resolution AND the way they actually ended it mixed in together.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
And isn't his deputy Ron Swanson?

I never watched Monk start to finish as a series, but I always enjoyed the episodes I'd catch in syndication. Sadly, they were often the same episodes, but still, as good of a procedural case-of-the-week whodunnit as you'll find
I don’t believe Ron Swanson was the deputy.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
My only gripe about "The Mentalist" is the show really lost steam after they solved the Red John case. That was the whole basis for the show and after it was done, the show just wasn't the same. It would have been better had they ended the show with the Red John case resolution AND the way they actually ended it mixed in together.
I get it to a certain extent because in the end things ended up being bigger than Red John so they needed to show how that unfolded. Plus I think they ended the way they did because I think Red John was supposed to end the show but they ended up getting granted another season. I am just glad in the end, it ended the way it did. It brought everything full circle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."
thumper wrote on DOCTOR's profile.
Yoink! man what would we do without @DOCTOR posting events?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties