New MTV Show Shames Kids for White Privilege

Peezy

Voice of the people
Oh, and directed by an illegal immigrant to boot...

MTV SHOW PUBLICLY SHAMES WHITE PEOPLE FOR “WHAT THEY’VE DONE IN AMERICA”
MTV will air a show later this month entitled White People which shows young white Americans crying on camera over their “white privilege” and publicly shaming them for “what they’ve done in America”.
No, this is not a joke. The documentary is hosted by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and amnesty activist who has worked for the Washington Post and the Huffington Post.

The trailer for the show, which has been widely criticized by YouTube respondents, features white people expressing angst about how they are desperate not to appear “racist” or “offend people.”

According to Kimberly Ricci, the documentary forces the participants “to internalize what they’ve done in America” – in other words, this a huge exercise in white guilt tripping for public consumption.

An MTV write up of the show also explains how Vargas talks to young Native Americans who feel that European settlers did not ‘save the country’.

“They are the ones who invaded. They are the ones who took,” says Vargas.

In the interests of balance, when will Vargas be fronting a show called Black People that collectively blames all black people for black crime statistics, including the fact that black people in America commit over half of homicides despite making up only 13 per cent of the population?

How about the fact that despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa?

How about the fact that interracial rapes are almost exclusively black on white?

How about the Barbary slave trade, under which over 1 million white Christian Europeans were enslaved in North Africa until the middle of the 18th century?

Are black people going to be shown crying on camera having been shamed into taking responsibility for all of this? No, because that would be racist. But according to MTV and Vargas, subjecting someone to trial by media purely because of their skin color is perfectly acceptable – so long as they are white.

This documentary represents the culmination of years of race-baiting and racial division which is being driven by the mass media and the Obama White House, tensions which have rapidly accelerated since the Ferguson and Baltimore riots.

Responses to the video trailer on YouTube were savage, with the clip receiving twice as many ‘thumbs down’ in comparison to ‘thumbs up’.

“I’m black, even I know this show is straight up racist. Only because it’s stereotyping white people, all white INDIVIDUALS are not like that,” wrote one respondent.

“You want an uncomfortable conversation on race? Let’s talk about violent crime stats shall we? No? I get it, you only want white people to feel uncomfortable,” added another.

“Fuck you MTV, I will NEVER apologize for the skin I was born with, nor will I apologize for being a male, or for being straight,” another respondent asserted.

However, many in the liberal media are celebrating the show, with Kristen Yoonsoo remarking how pleased she is about the fact that, “lots of white people tears lie ahead.”

“It’s always a good time poking fun at white people,” she concludes.

Read more at

Trodden

Currently running late for my funeral
fuck white kids with privilege

and fuck white kids without

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
What short is that from?

I'd look for it but I don't want "My anus is bleeding" on my work computer's google history

jokerthief

No reason to get excited.
Site Donor
I'll never feel ashamed for the privileges that I have. I'm grateful for them. Anyone who tries to get me to replace my gratitude with shame is fighting a losing battle. I don't believe in entertaining any negative thought for any circumstance over which I have no control.

I don't think this sort of thing is good for race relations. A general principle in life is that it's very foolish to try to control the actions or beliefs of another. Instead one is much better off working on themselves. Getting someone to change their behavior is hard enough when you use normal persuasion methods, but when you use shame, it's nearly impossible and is actually more likely to reinforce whatever belief or behavior you're trying to change in the other person.

When I hear this sort of thing I feel ill will towards African Americans. Every person is prejudiced on some level. I try to be fair-minded, but deep down I do feel African Americans are a group of people that is separate from who I am. When I hear about white privilege, my feeling of being separate from African Americans is reinforced. The more separated one feels from another, the more powerful the urge to be prejudiced towards that group. So I believe that shaming white privilege achieves the opposite result of what is intended.

The other problem with this approach is that it can strengthen the feeling in African Americans of being a victim. Feeling that you're a victim is a very pernicious belief. Even if the belief is rooted in fact, it is much better for the individual to ignore those facts and proceed in life with a mental model of personal empowerment. If you go through life feeling that you're a victim, you'll most likely use victimhood as an excuse for your failures and not address the circumstances that led to your failure that are within your control. I feel this happens to African Americans often.

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
My problem with much "white privilege" is that much of what's described isn't a privilege at all -- it's what people should expect as a matter of course. The fact that I don't get arbitrarily followed in department stores and my black girlfriend's brother or nephew do isn't a privilege toward me. It's an injustice toward them. The term "white privilege" almost implies that we shouldn't have it, but the way I see it everyone should have most of the things that get pulled under the umbrella of that label.

But back to the topic, that trailer was about as cringeworthy as anything I've seen on the internet this week. They took Tumblr and made a documentary out of it.

Peezy

Voice of the people
My problem with much "white privilege" is that much of what's described isn't a privilege at all -- it's what people should expect as a matter of course. The fact that I don't get arbitrarily followed in department stores and my black girlfriend's brother or nephew do isn't a privilege toward me. It's an injustice toward them. The term "white privilege" almost implies that we shouldn't have it, but the way I see it everyone should have most of the things that get pulled under the umbrella of that label.

But back to the topic, that trailer was about as cringeworthy as anything I've seen on the internet this week. They took Tumblr and made a documentary out of it.
It's the current movement in the country, to shame white people. To shame men. To bring down to size anyone who is perceived of being part of the power structure. The movement is that America is awful and evil and took it's power from the less fortunate. America is not the land of the free or the greatest freedom based democracy in the history of mankind. It's an evil, racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic land that needs cut down to size. Who is leading this charge? The extremist leftist led by Barack Obama. If you want to know why "white privilege" wasn't even a term anyone had heard of before his election and now it's the top topic in the land, watch this video of him reading from his book Dreams from my Father. Talk about a racist with massive issues towards white people... I'm still amazed the American public was dumb/uneducated enough to vote for him, twice.

Mr. Cornute

Prince of Saiyan...stuff.
There is no one shaming white folks for being white. There is also no "white genocide", there is no inherent problem with being white nor is there a hatred for white Christian's in this country.

While this show, on MTV mind you, is rather foolish it is not as if the totality of America is saying "hate yourself for being white", but what most people would like is is for those who are white to recognize the injustices that occur to others that are non-white and not simply allow the fact that it does not affect you to be a reason to brush it off (IE the definition of what "white privilege" actually is).

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
There is no one shaming white folks for being white. There is also no "white genocide", there is no inherent problem with being white nor is there a hatred for white Christian's in this country.

While this show, on MTV mind you, is rather foolish it is not as if the totality of America is saying "hate yourself for being white", but what most people would like is is for those who are white to recognize the injustices that occur to others that are non-white and not simply allow the fact that it does not affect you to be a reason to brush it off (IE the definition of what "white privilege" actually is).
That right there is really the only true white privilege in the sense that white people shouldn't have it -- the privilege of pretending what happens to other peoples isn't really happening.

Mr. Cornute

Prince of Saiyan...stuff.
Where is blame for the worlds ills laid on the laps of white people and if they are what exactly are they being blamed for?

- NOT some irrational thinker whom has absolutely NO power over the populous or public policy
- someone credible and in full context
- Video or article of them quoted in stating "blame white people for..."

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
It's the current movement in the country, to shame white people. To shame men. To bring down to size anyone who is perceived of being part of the power structure. The movement is that America is awful and evil and took it's power from the less fortunate. America is not the land of the free or the greatest freedom based democracy in the history of mankind. It's an evil, racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic land that needs cut down to size. Who is leading this charge? The extremist leftist led by Barack Obama. If you want to know why "white privilege" wasn't even a term anyone had heard of before his election and now it's the top topic in the land, watch this video of him reading from his book Dreams from my Father. Talk about a racist with massive issues towards white people... I'm still amazed the American public was dumb/uneducated enough to vote for him, twice.

they voted for George bush jr twice and that guy was as dumb as a bag of rocks.
Obama is not even that far left, i consider him left of center at best.

I worry about the Christian Taliban, the people who want to push their religious on us, want to tell us what we can watch, who we can have sex with, those are the people you should worry about, right wing pious fascism worries me. the people who want to take us back to the the dark ages, people who question science, who think the devil is real.

Ct_L33T

If all goes right, the country will become less and less Christian as time progresses. My only fear, is that some other religion will take it's place. There are a lot of religious/spiritual mofos in this country/world, whatever is next will probably be worse.

Hassquatch

Slayer
Organized religions and "beliefs" have done so much more harm than good for humanity. Believe in yourself and to not harm, fuckers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rammstein's "Deutschland" is the best music video ever.
Ya'll are so lucky today, you don't know how good you have it. I was born in 1932, we were so dumb, we listened to tap dancers on the radio.
Bandcamp is bad for my wallet.
The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmcgregor
Top Bottom