New features/addons/themes discussion for forum (1 Viewer)

thumper

Staff member
Latest update. The reputation system is coming but the earnings need to be evaluated. We need to find a way to balance things and not make it an enormous 9 billion reps again. It's useless at that point. The thought is if we can roll it back to a reasonable level it could be fun to use.

The new addon will allow us to do a lot more to enhance the reps so it will be something that's reflective of how we actually post.
Post automatically merged:

One other update. We've trimmed back the files on the server, removed unnecessary clutter and streamlined the db and web server. This thing is running balls to the wall and we have the capacity to fill this place with users again. Registration is actually open right now, and the spam bots are not getting through. most of them are being blocked at a much lower level than even the forum or the webserver. we've isolated some stuff and been able to really narrow down the bots vs guests.

if you look at 'who's online' the 'guests' used to read around 145 at its worst. The 'robots' section showed no more than a handful which we know is wrong, this forum has been up 12 years every bot on the planet knows about it by now.

But this has helped us really focus on users vs guests vs robots,

Last edited:

thumper

Staff member
I turned on sidebars on the thread views. it won't matter to mobile viewers, only people on desktops.

Along with this, I put in a new addon today.. look around the forum and on some pages you're going to see at the top of the category you'll see a block on the right side that announces the next event and a countdown clock next to it.

there will be a link for the title of the event. Originally it will go to the UFC event page, but later, when we know the thread for the event (the live thread) it will link to that post.

More stuff comnig. For instance, guess what? LIVE CHAT is coming back. during live events the posts will auto load so you just need to sit there your browsers will fill in posts as they come in, using a push method instead of refreshing the whole damned page.

We'll be testing next Saturday night.

Last edited:

thumper

Staff member
Added highly requested addon today. 'ignore more'

You can ignore threads, forums and/or threads(be careful here though, and make sure your forum isn't a sub of one you already 'ignored')

once you add a thread, refresh the page and note the thread is gone

What's even better, you can ignore 'PEOPLE' too :)

in the thread, category, or click a user now, there's an 'ignore' link with additional

Finally, to review all the items youre ignoring, click your username at the top right that shows your icon. A new option called 'ignoring'. Click that and go through the tabs to see the categories,

Poindexter

Staff member
Added highly requested addon today. 'ignore more'

You can ignore threads, forums and/or threads(be careful here though, and make sure your forum isn't a sub of one you already 'ignored')

once you add a thread, refresh the page and note the thread is gone

What's even better, you can ignore 'PEOPLE' too :)

in the thread, category, or click a user now, there's an 'ignore' link with additional

Finally, to review all the items youre ignoring, click your username at the top right that shows your icon. A new option called 'ignoring'. Click that and go through the tabs to see the categories,
This is very comprehensive and should contribute to better the overall user experience. Thanks @thumper!

thumper

Staff member
Thanks @Poindexter

Hey one thing on the countdown.

It appears to be based on GMT so i have to adjust. I didn't do that last time so it was wrong.

if someone could match it to their timezone and report back. It SHOULD work for your time zone correctly, meaning starting at 6pm friday night.

does it look right now?

EDIT: well fuck it's still not right.

Help me out here. 6pm ET would be 23hr GMT correct?

thumper

Staff member
for you, GMT would be -5

@Poindexter just remember that '5' for you means 5 hours back from GMT or Zulu Time which sounds cooler than GMT. that's how the time zones work. i'm -8 right now.

thumper

Staff member
is it just me? I can see who reps me when I log out, but not when Im logged in
that should be elimated now. Guests cannot see rep.

Registered people CAN.

What I want to know is, can you see other people's reps now? I'm trying to get this to have everyone see their own rep but not others.

Trodden

A terrible human being
well I have to log in to see rep now, but I see PD just reped you with 0

so I guess I can see others

its not a big deal to me, I just wasnt sure if it was just on my end, or if everyone saw it too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties