Nate Diaz vs. Leon Edwards booked for UFC 262 in five-round non-title fight co-main event

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Nate Diaz vs. Leon Edwards booked for UFC 262 in five-round non-title fight co-main event
Nate Diaz makes his long awaited return to action at UFC 262 when he faces off with Leon Edwards in a five-round, non-title co-main event in Houston on May 15.

Multiple sources confirmed the matchup to MMA Fighting on Tuesday following an initial report from ESPN.

m1ckey kn0x

Site Donor
Whoa, I never saw this coming at all. I’m surprised he took the fight with Edwards. Wish this card was the card for Jacksonville instead.

Should be a good fight. War Nate.
Post automatically merged:

I really want to know how much they paid Nate to take this fight. He usually shows zero interest in anyone like Leon. This is a hard fight for Nate and not a lot of people know who Leon is.

Last edited:

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor
Whoa, I never saw this coming at all. I’m surprised he took the fight with Edwards. Wish this card was the card for Jacksonville instead.

Should be a good fight. War Nate.
Post automatically merged:

I really want to know how much they paid Nate to take this fight. He usually shows zero interest in anyone like Leon. This is a hard fight for Nate and not a lot of people know who Leon is.
I am not fan of either of these fighters either but wishing for them to go Jacksonville is a little harsh

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
I was JUST about to blindly ask "wonder how Nate pulls out of this one" and shit, wonder if we ever see it at all, much less when it's rescheduled.
Has Nate pulled out of many fights?

I thought I heard this is being rebooked for a few events past this one. A month or so delay.

Palma

I am chaos

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
It’s funny that the UFC still thinks they control Nate’s path.

Nate knows the rules now. They need him to fight to make money. And now that they know he’s willing to sit for years, he gained all the power to pick and choose who he fights and when. He knows that part doesn’t matter because he’s “the ass whipper” and fans will tune in regardless.

Dana knew it back when it happened, too. The minute Nate took Conor’s head on short notice the UFC lost all of their bargaining power over him. He’s the shot caller now. If he beats Edwards on Saturday and fights the Usman-Covington winner next it’s because he wanted to, not because he followed the UFC’s title timeline.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I like Nate but holy fuck would Usman whip his ass. I would tune in for that (but I tune in for most of the mma stuff).

GangGreenWarrior

I like Nate but holy fuck would Usman whip his ass. I would tune in for that (but I tune in for most of the mma stuff).
Usman wrecks pretty much anyone in his path with ease right now. I'm predicting Colby gets a much worse beating than last time. But as Miz said, man is Nate just the perfect matchup for Usman to either pulverize on the ground or Grim Reaper Nate like he did to Masvidal.

Reactions: Miz

Noise

Ruido
I don't think Nathaniel's getting enough credit for entertaining – let alone signing on – to this fight.

I "guess" they're dangling a title shot in front of him for it, but fuck all that. He's giving Leon Edwards the opportunity of a fucking lifetime, and he didn't have to. That's maybe one of the more honest fucking things I've seen a high-profile guy do in this sport at this level.

All that said, I look forward to Leon wrecking him from start to finish.

Or fuck it, vice versa. Not crazy about Leon, so whatever. Should be a massacre or a classic either way.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
I don't think Nathaniel's getting enough credit for entertaining – let alone signing on – to this fight.

I "guess" they're dangling a title shot in front of him for it, but fuck all that. He's giving Leon Edwards the opportunity of a fucking lifetime, and he didn't have to. That's maybe one of the more honest fucking things I've seen a high-profile guy do in this sport at this level.

Or fuck it, vice versa. Not crazy about Leon, so whatever. Should be a massacre or a classic either way.
Shit. This is probably the most complimentary thing you’ve said about Nate this whole time. If he turns you into a fan by Sunday morning that’s a W regardless.

Noise

Ruido
The horrifically ironic part is that may happen even with a loss. Hell – the worse the loss, the better the odds. Taking this fight is insanely honorable.

m1ckey kn0x

Site Donor

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH NOISE!?

m1ckey kn0x

Site Donor
I love that Nate smoked weed right there on stage. Come a long way from Nick getting suspended for 5 years for having it in his system. I hope when Nick comes back this year, he sparks up a huge blunt right there in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rammstein's "Deutschland" is the best music video ever.
Ya'll are so lucky today, you don't know how good you have it. I was born in 1932, we were so dumb, we listened to tap dancers on the radio.
Bandcamp is bad for my wallet.
The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmcgregor
Top Bottom