Media personalities that are detrimental to the impressionable

Hassquatch

Slayer
For mind-shitting media personalities you'd personally like to kick off of the Earth:

Can't stand these TV personalities! Who makes your eyes roll or stomach turn?

Sniggles

ex nihilo
Limbaugh
Beck
Hannity
Luntz
Breitbart
Salon
Brian Williams, George Stephanopoulos, the rest of the Establishment shills

Hassquatch

Slayer
You guys are lazy. I was hoping there'd be mugs of the fucktards posted for a visual. You're still better than the mentioned sewer mouths.

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
Even though they aren't really media personalities (at least not any major media), most of the "black empowerment" speakers would fall into this category. Umar Johnson and Tariq Nasheed are some of the worst offenders.

Sniggles

ex nihilo
Actually, he got confused. Watch the debate they had.

Hate to say it, he was outmatched without his writers.
Which one?

I am thinking of this one:

O'Reilly just plays up the white-centric fear narrative.

Last edited:

Sniggles

ex nihilo
I was talking about their actual debate.
Never watched that. I watched most of the bits of JStew on the O'Reilly factor. If you think that Stewart would take that seriously as if it were some sort of presidential debate, you're being silly. That was a hype platform for their respective shows.

cheeseflosser

They were in numerous serious exchanges and Stewart was repeatedly outmatched. Watch it for fun and see the times he was confused.

Anyway, on with topic.

Sniggles

ex nihilo
They were in numerous serious exchanges and Stewart was repeatedly outmatched. Watch it for fun and see the times he was confused.

Anyway, on with topic.
What is funny is that they are BFFs behind the scenes while the plebs bicker about their talking points

Last edited:

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
Survival Pool Champion

Anyway, on with topic.
you mean topics like how we should blame 11 year rape victims, bill o is scum, the people who listen and believes him are worse than scum.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454795704,1454795395][/DOUBLEPOST]
How he still has a serious job I have no idea.

Jon Stewart, Michael Moore, Neal Boortz, Olbermann, and Limbaugh.

Jon Stewart was the worst and people still believed the shit that he spewed because he had the convenient "I'm a comedian" out route when called to the carpet. He couldn't even stay on subject against O'Reilly.
nobody believed what Stewart said because he was a comedian, he was was skewering the news, unless you think jokes are a belief system.
the people who listen to Hannity, O'reiley, Beck Limbuagh are true believers of an ideology, Stewart was just countering their bullshit, that is not the same.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
In sports:

Skip Bayless
Chris Berman
Deion Sanders
Michael Irvin
Roy Jones Jr.
Bob Costas (it blows my mind how people love this guy so much)

Pundits:

Keith Olbermann
Bill O'Reilly
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh
Bill Maher (I don't think I hate any one in television as much as Maher unless......)
Michael Moore (utterly disgusting excuse for a human being)
Nancy Grace

On the flip side, during football season, PTI with Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon is must see tv for me. I don't watch during non football season because I generally give a fuck less about baseball, basketball, tennis, golf or hockey, but during football season, I love watching those two.

Neganomics

Your Trusted Web M.Deezy
I don't agree that Jon Stewart is a detrimental personality overall, but I am disappointed in the cynicism that he seemed to be able to create or worsen in a portion of his viewers.

Learned helplessness among the constituents is quite possibly the single worst thing that can happen in a democracy (also one of the worst things that can happen to an individual in my opinion), and that is one thing I think Stewart fueled at times.

cheeseflosser

I'm a fan of Jon Stewart. I'd say more, but I'm of the impression it would be lost on his detractors anyway.
I don't know if this was a shot at me or not but I'm not sensitive.

The subject dealt with discussing which personalities were detrimental to the impressionable. Nates point pretty well sums up exactly why I listed him and I'd stand by that point.

If you take him for what he is- a comedian who is on the left and lampoons issue after issue from an overly-simplified aerial view and makes light of the response, he's harmless, witty, and fun.

If you are an impressionable dumbass....(we have those) you see him as a source of logic and a stable voice against the evil right.

To Nates point, his level of pessimism engrained what I consider apathy and pre-thought dismissal of all things right of main stream media views.

Poindexter

Staff member
Not a shot at you. I appreciate the way comedy/humor speaks to power. I think it is one of the last refuges available. I also think the emphasis on him being a thoughtless dogmatic is inaccurate and lacks some subtlety.

cheeseflosser

I think humor takes a stronger understanding of an issue than simple discourse.

I've never called him thoughtless or dogmatic. I just don't think he is nearly as informed on issues without his staff of writers.

Poindexter

Staff member
I just don't think he is nearly as informed on issues without his staff of writers.
Could be. I think there is a distinction between running a daily show - five days a week - and who he is as a thinker outside of that. But I differ from you in that the latter isn't where I would see him as deficient. To determine that, however, we would need some more data/evidence to cull from, IMO.

cheeseflosser

I would agree that we would need more data. I was basing an assumption on the times I've seen him stumble when pressed and revert to the "I'm a comedian" defense.

To be fair, he IS a comedian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evolveny
Top Bottom