McGregor's Future *Spoilers* (1 Viewer)

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Conor isn't top 10 at any weight. Hell, I don't even know what weight he's fighting at. 155 or 170? Either way, he isn't ranked in the top 10 in any division. I guess he would be higher ranked at 155 since he last won the title there and never lost it. But not top 10 or top 15. Cerrone is 2-2 in 2019 alone. He had 2 solid wins at 155. I would say hes at the bottom of the top 10. Maybe 9 or 10. I could even see somewhere in the top 15. Maybe 13-15. Cerrone is definitely higher ranked than Conor.
Are you saying that Conor should be removed from the top 10 if he doesn't fight every X months? Or do you give guys like Cerrone a better ranking for fighting even more often?

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Are you saying that Conor should be removed from the top 10 if he doesn't fight every X months? Or do you give guys like Cerrone a better ranking for fighting even more often?
I'm saying Conor needs to be removed from the top 10 for inactivity, and his wins/losses.

Activity definitely plays a part in being ranked but you also need to win.

Conor is 1-1 at 155 in the last 3 years. He beat the champ and lost to the champ. That would keep him in the top 5 if it hadn't been 3 years. It's not fair to the Poiriers or the Gaethjes or whoever that keep fighting to be ranked ahead of them. It's been about 14 months since his last fight. If you don't fight once in 12 months, then you should drop in the rankings.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I'm saying Conor needs to be removed from the top 10 for inactivity, and his wins/losses.

Activity definitely plays a part in being ranked but you also need to win.

Conor is 1-1 at 155 in the last 3 years. He beat the champ and lost to the champ. That would keep him in the top 5 if it hadn't been 3 years. It's not fair to the Poiriers or the Gaethjes or whoever that keep fighting to be ranked ahead of them. It's been about 14 months since his last fight. If you don't fight once in 12 months, then you should drop in the rankings.
I like that idea a lot. The only place where I disagree is that I would still have Conor in my top 10 as I see him above, say, Iaquinta.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
I’m not interested in Conor against anyone inside the top 5
I'm not interested in Conor against anyone outside the top 5.
[DOUBLEPOST=1574641738,1574641404][/DOUBLEPOST]Conor vs GayG
Conor vs TFerg
Conor vs Masvidal

All great fights

chrisc

Ninja
I'm not interested in Conor against anyone outside the top 5.
[DOUBLEPOST=1574641738,1574641404][/DOUBLEPOST]Conor vs GayG
Conor vs TFerg
Conor vs Masvidal

All great fights
So would Masvidal/T ferg against any striker. He hasn’t won a fight in 3 years. I get the UFC doesn’t care about rankings anymore, but I’m still Moreno interested in actually using them

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
So would Masvidal/T ferg against any striker. He hasn’t won a fight in 3 years. I get the UFC doesn’t care about rankings anymore, but I’m still Moreno interested in actually using them
I can see your point on the rankings.

I've never seen Conor in a boring fight and I think the ones I listed would be exceptional.

m1ckey kn0x

deranged derelict
Site Donor
Masvidal/Nick

Conor... honestly don't know.

Khabib is taking on Ferg in a fight I've been dying to see, however, nothing at LW at all tops the kind of crazy that would be Ferg/JG. There isn't a fight at LW I want to see more for the pure violence between 2 maniacs than those guys.

Otherwise, Conor VS JG. I want to see the Nate trilogy but only once each of them has a win under their belt before it. Or fuck it, lets just run it and do the damn thing.

Would be down for Mas/McGregor if Nick wasn't in the picture.

I do want to see McGregor/Cerrone first though.

Last edited:

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Ali Abdelaziz says Conor McGregor would be killed by Kamaru Usman
MMA manager Ali Abdelaziz has fired another round of shots at Conor McGregor.

During a discussion on Chael Sonnen’s podcast, Abdelaziz said he believes McGregor would be making a big mistake if he fought UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman.

“It would be suicide for him to fight Kamuru even if he wins [against Donald Cerrone in January],” Abdelaziz said (transcript via Lowkickmma).

“Secondly, he doesn’t want to cut weight. They’re a bunch of lazy motherf*****s, they don’t want to make the weight.”

Abdelaziz added that believes Usman’s skillset would be a nightmare for McGregor.

“If you’re talking about Conor fighting at 170 and fighting Usman his family better have life insurance because he might kill him,” Abdelaziz said.

“I don’t think it’s a fair fight. I don’t think the athletic commission should approve a fight between Kamaru and Conor. I think something will happen to him, he’ll probably get crippled, something bad will happen.”

Conor McGregor hasn’t fought since losing to Abdelaziz’s client Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 in October 2019. “The Notorious” has backpedalled on his previous retirement announcement, and is set to fight Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in his much-anticipated UFC return. However, the long-time lightweight fighters will be moving up to welterweight for their fight.

Abdelaziz feels McGregor’s decision to fight at welterweight indicates that he doesn’t actually want to fight Nurmagomedov again.

“He’s actually not smart because if he actually wanted to fight Khabib he would of fought Cerrone at 155.

“Even if he beats Cerrone, do you think Khabib is going to fight him at 155? No, Khabib even said he needs to win ten fights. People think Khabib is just talking, but when Khabib said I’m not fighting in Vegas, he didn’t fight in Vegas.

“For sure, [from a] financial standpoint it’s a good fight but I can’t force him on what to do because he’s a man, he’s different, he has principles.”
[DOUBLEPOST=1575688878,1575688830][/DOUBLEPOST]Conor McGregor outlines the appeal of fighting in multiple weight classes
“The rejuvenation of your career with fresh goals and targets! The prestige of being a UFC World champion in two weight divisions! The feeling of excitement you will give the fans with all the new potential match-ups that can be made! All great and valid reasons! Enjoy”

McGregor’s tweet provides some excellent insight into why MMA fighters think the way they do. Considering McGregor is one of the most accomplished fighters in the history of the sport, and one who has fought and won fights at three different weight classes (145lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs) inside the Octagon, he’s an expert when it comes to this subject.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Owen Roddy says Conor McGregor wants Jorge Masvidal then Khabib after ‘Cowboy’ fight
‘Mystic Mac’ is set to make his long-awaited return to the Octagon in the main event of UFC 246 against Donald Cerrone. According to Roddy, the plan after is for Conor McGregor to fight Masvidal.

“That’s the plan,” Roddy told MMA Fighting’s Eurobash podcast. That’s what he wants to do and there’s one thing I always say: when Conor says he wants to do something, if anyone is going to do it, he can. But, let’s not look past Cerrone. He’s a tricky opponent and he’s a veteran with tricks up his sleeve. But Conor going in there the way he looks now, he should do well.”
[DOUBLEPOST=1576548887,1576548831][/DOUBLEPOST]

Kamaru Usman sends warning to ‘little man’ Conor McGregor
During an interview with TMZ, Usman told McGregor to be careful what he wishes for.

“He must want to die,” said Usman.

“I mean, what?! He must want to die. This is not ’45, ’55. You saw what Khabib [Nurmagomedov] did to him. Oh my god, it wouldn’t even be fair if I fought Conor. Much respect to Conor for what he’s done for this sport and transcended it. [But] Nah, this is not what you want” Usman continued.

“Just sit down little man, sit down. Learn to walk before you can run because I would hurt that [Conor McGregor] guy.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."
RIP Ennio Morricone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks