Mcgregor vs. Poirier II (1 Viewer)

thumper

Staff member
I just wonder. Since the UFC isn't pulling nearly the pPV buys they used to and now ESPN is basically subsidizing them, If the UFC starts pulling in huge arenas suddenly and gets great big gates, would that piss off ESPN because their portion of the pie just dropped big time?

I'm not accusing it's just something I've been wondering. the UFC relied on 85% of their income from PPV, that's going to change soon if they can pack huge stadiums like that, and with the right fights I think they can with plenty of seats to do social distancing

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor
I just wonder. Since the UFC isn't pulling nearly the pPV buys they used to and now ESPN is basically subsidizing them, If the UFC starts pulling in huge arenas suddenly and gets great big gates, would that piss off ESPN because their portion of the pie just dropped big time?

I'm not accusing it's just something I've been wondering. the UFC relied on 85% of their income from PPV, that's going to change soon if they can pack huge stadiums like that, and with the right fights I think they can with plenty of seats to do social distancing
If anything having big ticket sales is good for ESPN. The more tickets sold means more buzz for the card. They would love to have a segment about how a PPV gate sold in record time. I am sure they are pissed about the early start time.

Last edited:

Poindexter

Staff member

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Were I the kind of person who pirates, if they didn't require an ESPN+ subscription, I would be much more inclined to pay.

thumper

Staff member
They aren't going to charge me. I use a VPN. and anyway I think they're going after the streamers, not so much the viewers. but these stupid fucks bragging about it SUCK

Also, he just says 'I've got a surprise for you motherfuckers this year' he doesn't mention 257 and even if he did block the streams they will come right back. it's just like anything else. they will take it down and it'll go right back up somewhere else.

m1ckey kn0x

Site Donor
With the UFC upping their price to $70, it would cost $3k+ a year to watch all their events including the ESPN subscription and whatever other bullshit you need to watch every event. The product is very watered down most of the time these days right to the point that it can be. Who in their right mind on a normal salary could spend several grand a year on UFC?

Business is business, and I respect that, but damn. How many Patrick Bateman’s are consistently paying for UFC? I imagine Bateman giving a description of a UFC ppv down to what everyone’s wearing and how much everyone’s making to the exact length of the show and what food is being served at the arena. Cause you gotta either be rich or psychotic, or both, to spend that much on diluted UFC year after year.

I used to be happy to dish out $50 ($60 for HD) for what we used to call stacked cards back in the day.

Spoon

There is no Spoon
LULZ Dana's too fucking stupid to understand that the new law, "Protecting Lawful Streaming Act", is for those who provide the video stream, not the viewer. This only (possibly) increases the jail time for those who stream content, not those who watch. I expect a lot less sources of streams this year.

Those who don't buy their streams though the ESPN+ service (along with their monthly cost), expect less streaming services this year. It's simple as that.

AKA: Business as usual in a few months.

thumper

Staff member
LULZ Dana's too fucking stupid to understand that the new law, "Protecting Lawful Streaming Act", is for those who provide the video stream, not the viewer. This only (possibly) increases the jail time for those who stream content, not those who watch. I expect a lot less sources of streams this year.

Those who don't buy their streams though the ESPN+ service (along with their monthly cost), expect less streaming services this year. It's simple as that.

AKA: Business as usual in a few months.
it's even more pointed than that. it's only there for 'for profit' streaming sites. Which means all the ones you find listed that are free would not fall under that law.

They specifically did this. They're after big streamers
Tillis assured those concerned that the bill was narrowly tailored towards commercial sites and would not criminalize individual users. He specifically stated that information in The American Prospect article was "false and inaccurate", and the bill was "drafted to not sweep in normal practices by online service providers and good faith business disputes".Tillis released the text of the bill to the public on December 10, 2020. Public Knowledge, who had raised concerns prior to this, said that after reviewing the bill's language that they consider the bill to be narrowly tailored and thanked Tillis for "working to prevent risk to end users and legitimate streamers and streaming platforms".The Computer & Communications Industry Association, which represents technology companies, also supported the language of the bill.

Last edited:

strife

I
Honestly. Probably not as good as Anderson Silva once was thought to be.

But we might need a YouTuber's analysis on this to let us all know for sure. But that'll take MONTHS of research (sherdog/wikipedia), recording, editing. But who has time for that. Shit...we'll never know.
All I got time for.

Spoon

There is no Spoon
All I got time for.

Well damn, I stand corrected. Other than throwing heavy objects at innocent people, hitting people who don't want to try his whiskey, smashing phones, and allegedly raping women, he only seems susceptible to being tapped out. Still kept his titles, even after arrests and "retirements" so... G.O.A.T. :oldman:

m1ckey kn0x

Site Donor
Can’t wait for this fight. One thing is for sure is that it will be very entertaining. I’ve been missing the last handful of events because of life. Got 2 of my close friends coming into town Friday night though. Gonna eat really good, drink some shit, and watch some good fights this weekend. Fuck everything else.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider 🇯🇲 🇯🇲 🇯🇲 🇯🇲
Conor back in the news just in time for the fight:

Afro

by the looks of the increased shoulder and upper body mass, quite a bit.
And according to the media, he has miraculously solved his cardio problems via 10 weeks in Portugal! Because that's all it takes...

Afro

I’ll give you three tries to guess which one of ESPN’s A-team MMA “journalists” has not yet inserted that bit of news into his timeline.
Is it the one that has spent the ENTIRE fight week sucking Conor cock on Instagram?

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Does anyone here think Poirier makes it out of the first round?
It starts to swing heavily in Dustin’s favor if he gets out of the first, more so if he gets past the second. The way he starts is problematic, he likes to float into distance & out again in the first couple of minutes, he’s quite predictable, that’s not good against Conor. If I’m Dustin I sprint across the cage & try & pin McGregor against the fence for 5 straight minutes, I actually think Dustin will try & run back the first fight & it’ll go the same way tbh...

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
It starts to swing heavily in Dustin’s favor if he gets out of the first, more so if he gets past the second. The way he starts is problematic, he likes to float into distance & out again in the first couple of minutes, he’s quite predictable, that’s not good against Conor. If I’m Dustin I sprint across the cage & try & pin McGregor against the fence for 5 straight minutes, I actually think Dustin will try & run back the first fight & it’ll go the same way tbh...
Agree,
Dustin gets into exchanges where he takes one to give one. That won't work in this fight.

m1ckey kn0x

Site Donor
Finally, the day is here. Looking forward to not missing the fights tonight like I have lately. I just hope it isn’t over in the 1st round, and if it is, someone is out ice cold.

Going out to a steakhouse, coming back with a bottle of whiskey, smoking some serious primo indoor Gary Payton buds, and setting this shit up BOY!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james101
Top Bottom