McCain and Palin 08 McCain Picks Woman

CrunkJuice

King of the Dirty South
McCain picked Hot ass Former Ms Alaska and 80% approval Rating in Alaska and the First Female Governor of Alaska and the youngest

Clint

Like I said in the other thread this is a very bold strategic move (most likely to draw the Hilary fans). I think it will help him in the election.

chrisc

Ninja
I said this about Clinton as well, but with whats going on in the middle east I just don't it's time for a woman to be in power with how they look down on women

Gr8_White_Rabbit

GnP that Diverticulitis
Like I said in the other thread this is a very bold strategic move (most likely to draw the Hilary fans). I think it will help him in the election.
I agree that this move is to draw the Hillary vote. Her looks will not hurt. I'm torn on who has more experiance Palin or Obama.

She's got that hot librarian look. Oh Governor please pardon me, I've been a bad bad boy;)

sabreclaww

jui jitsoooos
What sticks out in my mind is her stance on energy. She is a HUGE voice for responsible drilling in alaska. I remember her talking about how alaska should be allowed to give BACk to the US and help heating and fuel prices get back to where they should be.
then she signed a lawsuit against the us gov. becuase of all the environmentalist blocking of her state's natural resources.

Poindexter

Staff member
What sticks out in my mind is her stance on energy. She is a HUGE voice for responsible drilling in alaska. I remember her talking about how alaska should be allowed to give BACk to the US and help heating and fuel prices get back to where they should be.
then she signed a lawsuit against the us gov. becuase of all the environmentalist blocking of her state's natural resources.
The are going to try to push her as progressive in terms of her energy policy, I would think:

Energy policies

Palin's tenure is noted for her independence from big oil companies, while still promoting resource development.[11][10] Palin has announced plans to create a new sub-cabinet group of advisors, to address climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions within Alaska.[20]

Shortly after taking office, Palin rescinded thirty-five appointments made by Murkowski in the last hour of his administration, including the appointment by Murkowski of his former chief of staff Jim Clark to the Alaska Natural Gas Development Authority.[21][22] Clark later pled guilty to conspiring with a defunct oil-field-services company to channel money into Frank Murkowski's re-election campaign.[23]

In March 2007, Palin presented the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act (AGIA) as the new legal vehicle for building a natural gas pipeline from the state's North Slope.[24] Only one legislator, Representative Ralph Samuels, voted against the measure,[25] and in June Palin signed it into law.[26][27] On January 5, 2008, Palin announced that a Canadian company, Transcanada, was the sole AGIA-compliant applicant.[28][29]

In response to high oil and gas prices, and in response to the resulting state government budget surplus, Palin proposed giving Alaskans $100-a-month energy debit cards. She also proposed providing grants to electrical utilities so that they would reduce customers' rates.[30] She subsequently dropped the debit card proposal, and in its place she proposed to send Alaskans $1,200 directly and eliminate the gas tax.[31][32]
Source

Krazikarl

Cthulhu fhtagn
I think its a smart choice by McCain for a lot of reasons.

I dont know how much she will poach Hillary's voters though. Hillary's voters are usually pretty liberal I think, and Palin has a few positions which pretty strongly conflict with those ideals. On the other hand, I'm not sure how much Hillary's supporters care about positions since Obama has very very similar positions to her and they dont like him much in general.

Oh well, its a more exciting VP pick than Biden in any case.

sabreclaww

jui jitsoooos
....wait....that's it...? Wow Karl....I um...well, I dunno what to say. I wont tell anyone you missed the opportunity to bash the opposition. It'l be our little secret!

Krazikarl

Cthulhu fhtagn
I dont have a problem with many forms of conservatives. I just really dont like neoconservatives like Bush and his people, and since McCain has decided to follow their footsteps, I dont much like McCain either. I think that I've said a few times that I thought McCain was pretty solid in 2000 before he sold out.

sabreclaww

jui jitsoooos
I dont have a problem with many forms of conservatives. I just really dont like neoconservatives like Bush and his people, and since McCain has decided to follow their footsteps, I dont much like McCain either. I think that I've said a few times that I thought McCain was pretty solid in 2000 before he sold out.
funny because the hardcore conservative dont like mcCain much and call him liberal.

Krazikarl

Cthulhu fhtagn
Many of the things that hardcore conservatives say dont really make much sense (same goes for hardcore liberals also of course), so that doesnt really matter much to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.
foundstarr wrote on Ninjastix's profile.
playing anything fun?
Welcome to our fortress tall
Take some time to show you around
My small collection of whisk(e)y is now at twelve bottles. Not the worst problem to have. hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom