Mars landing LIVE discussion thread

CrunkJuice

King of the Dirty South
That is definitely one of the coolest things that I've seen before......I've been looking forward to it for several weeks.

foundstarr

Inspector SpaceTime
Site Donor
They said before entry it'll be going 13,200 MPH thats fast enough to almost circle the earth twice in an hour.

ChuckBooty 2.0

The downgraded upgrade
Site Donor
How the fuck are they saying "10:31pm" anyways? I mean come ON. How precise can this REALLY be?

ChuckBooty 2.0

The downgraded upgrade
Site Donor
'bout a half-hour left. Anyone wanna make any predictions? She gonna land and send us some nice color pics of Mars or she gonna crash and break. I took my daughter to the Houston Space Center a few months back and I remember them talking about this rover. It's got a much better camera (HD color and all that) and there's a penny fixed to the platform right in front of the camera to have a point of reference as to the size of the different objects it photographs.

Also to see what happens to a penny on Mars.

Intellectual

Breathe Life Into a Stone
~6 min to entry, gonna get interesting

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

That guyz name is Fuk Li *dead* :rofl:

NICE!!

That Alec Baldwin lookalike is a boss.

ChuckBooty 2.0

The downgraded upgrade
Site Donor
The first picture they posted looks like the death star lol
Dude! I SAW that! heh!

Y'all need to follow the rover on Twitter

https://twitter.com/MarsCuriosity

First pervy tweet from Mars :
I'm safely on the surface of Mars. GALE CRATER I AM IN YOU!!!

One of it's wheels....kinda thought this bitch would have a better camera. What's up with that? EDIT: Those pictures were actually from the rover's rear-hazard-avoidance camera's. The HD/color camera hasn't been turned on yet.

Casting a shadow on the martian soil. Dude...that's fucking GREAT! Really mind-blowing. What I wouldn't give to be able to fuck'around with the remote control on that bitch. Can't be much more than a PS3 remote type thing. Right?

Last edited:

thumper

Staff member
it wuld be great if you saw a little tiny dot on the horizon, then it started getting bigger and bigger until it came into focus and was a martian running at the rover with a gun. Then he gets there, the rover takes a perfect picture of his face, and he smashes the shit out of it.

now THAT would be neat.

P.S. I guess he didn't need the gun, but it was pretty cool

foundstarr

Inspector SpaceTime
Site Donor
SarcasticMarsRover‏@SarcasticRover

I enter the martian atmosphere at over 20,000 km per hour, and you call Usain Bolt "fast". Screw you assholes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShakFu
Top Bottom