Mark Hunt on the UFC - "They're scummy c*nts." On Brock - "White piece of sh*t."

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Because it's illegal? Because it makes the playing field unequal? Are you serious?

Malevolence likes this.
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Again hunt said he knew they were juicing and was ok with fighting them. So to hunt it would have been ok if he had won but he didn’t and then takes issue.

you can’t take issue with fighting dirty fighters and brag how you will knock them out then take issue with ufc trying to cover something up that you already claimed you knew. You also can’t claim it’s dangerous to fight them and complain about it when you were fine with it before the fight.

I would have been totally on board with hunt suing the ufc if he had pulled out before the Lesnar fight and then made those claims.

that’s like me agreeing to drive a really dangerous car and say I’m ok with it being dangerous, then get hurt and try to sue the company who makes the car because they were trying to cover up the fact it’s dangerous.

3. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

The issue isn't fighting someone on roids, it's being told you have to test clean and are that you are fighting someone that has to test clean, but after the fight is agreed upon you are told "On second thought, we're not gonna test that roided up viking freak after all" and they still lock you in a cage with the guy, that's fucked up.

Malevolence likes this.
  4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Putting your faith in a company that’s testing you for PEDs, under the assumption that your opponent is being held to the same scrutiny, that’s something to be upset about.

Imagine you agreed to a duel with someone, but you were checked for a knife or gun, and the other just got a wave.

If you’re saying it’s not okay to have a knife or gun, I totally get it. But don’t tell me to leave my knife or gun when you’re not even gonna check the other guy for either.

5. Clark Kent

I get what your saying, but once hunt acknowledged that they were cheaters and knew they were raided out but still wanted to fight them, that’s when it goes out the window. You can’t claim your ok with it and then not be ok with the company covering up, hiding, or not testing.

It would be different if hunt pulled out of the Lesnar right, or didn’t acknowledge the roids, and said something like I know they cheat but I want them clean. He did none of that. He basically said I don’t care how roided out they are I’m still gonna knock them out. Then gets mad when ufc doesn’t hold Lesnar to the same standard. Can’t have it both ways.

6. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I see what you’re saying but Hunt said he knows they’re roiding and still gonna knock them out. He didn’t say he knows the UFC is gonna cover it up for them

Noise, Anchorpunch and Afro like this.
  7. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

I think Bisping, and I am still not convinced that it wasn't just a gimmick, is the only fighter that's ever cared about fighting someone on roids.... That doesn't mean that they have to be okay with accepting a fight with a guy that you are told is going to be tested, then afterwards your told he's not going to be tested. I think it's fair for Hunt to both be okay with fighting someone who's a known roider and not being okay with them getting a pass. He should be allowed to feel that the obvious cheaters should still have to cheat the tests in order to fight, no? Considering that it allows Lesnar to roid as much as he wants, doesn't it? So instead of Lesnar taking roids, and whatever masking agents, and whatever cylcing process he has to go through to pass the test, and still roid for the fight... He can just boost his testosterone to whatever levels he wants because they aren't going to bother test him at all. I can fully understand why a fighter would be upset about that.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

I appreciate both sides of this argument.

I agree with Clark’s feeling that: by Hunt going on Mass video saying he knows they are juiced, and it wouldn’t matter because he would knock them out anyway- he essentially signed a verbal waiver in the name of being a bad-ass. Once he lost the fights, he changed his tune. If he’s changing his stance that made him a bad ass (not caring about the juicing), he has to lose those bad ass points he gained. Maybe “bitch” isn’t the right term, but you have to take away his tough guy points he earned for saying he didn’t care. Because now he’s very publicly saying he cares.

On the other side of this, it sucks he fought fighters that weren’t clean. Rumor is it happens all the time. This can’t be the first time the UFC got failed test results but didn’t cancel the fight. I just can’t believe that.

So from my perspective: the only thing really special about Hunts situation is that he is on camera saying he doesn’t care, and then tried to sue his employer for what he very publicly said he didn’t care about. As a bit of devils advocate: if the UFC pulled the Brock fight, how much money would Hunt have lost? He was In the media saying it didn’t matter. He would get the KO (and make MAD bank). If they canceled the flight, what stops him from suing them for missing out what may have been one of his biggest paydays ever?

He pretty much poisoned his own jury pool with his own bravado. Now it’s costing him a significant amount of money. It sucks for him, but he is steady making his own bed here.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    BadKarma likes this.
  9. Clark Kent

See to me what you said makes sense. To me though it’s just one of those things you know about it, your ok with then your not, and I’ve already said ufc trying to cover up anything is no damn good. Think about the shit they have covered up that we don’t know about. That’s what really scares me.

I don’t mean hunt is a bitch, I should have been more clear, he’s whining like a bitch.

Afro likes this.