Manager Ali Abdelaziz: Kamaru Usman could face Conor McGregor in next title defense (1 Viewer)

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Manager Ali Abdelaziz: Kamaru Usman could face Conor McGregor in next title defense
UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman has another big option for his next title defense.

With all signs initially pointing to a summer showdown with Jorge Masvidal, it appears “Gamebred” may be set to move in a different direction, with the fighter diverting his attention to a potential rematch with Nate Diaz.

According to Usman’s manager Ali Abdelaziz, if Masvidal isn’t next Usman (16-1 MMA, 11-0 UFC) is willing to give the title shot to Conor McGregor (22-4 MMA, 10-2 UFC) instead.
It looks like #1 contender wants to fight Nate Diaz now . Good for him @TheNotoriousMMA hey you want a title shot ? Come to daddy @USMAN84kg will give you one and he promise first 2 rounds without takedowns only slaps 😂
— Ali Abdelaziz (@AliAbdelaziz00) May 24, 2020
“It looks like #1 contender wants to fight Nate Diaz now . Good for him @TheNotoriousMMA hey you want a title shot? Come to daddy @USMAN84kg will give you one and he promise first 2 rounds without takedowns only slaps
Face with tears of joy
Abdelaziz doubled down on the situation in a statement to ESPN on Sunday night.

SandyWH

CHAOS KREATOR
Why would UFC make this fight?
Its literally unwinnable for Connor.

I'm sure there's a couple of punch drunk past-their-prime stars that they can match up with Conor and make their money.

Also, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow set up a 135lbs title fight against a strawweight in a country that has no commission to officially weight Connor in.

I can see it now........

UFC 271: NRMcGregor vs #7Phuk N'Chump
Bantamweight Championship
From the Yo-Yo Ma Resort and Village Center
In Vientiane, Laos

Its as believable as JBJ's picograms, or Bisbing vs two straight guy not in the top 10, or Lesnar fighting on a known failed PED test.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Why would UFC make this fight?
Its literally unwinnable for Connor.

I'm sure there's a couple of punch drunk past-their-prime stars that they can match up with Conor and make their money.

Also, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow set up a 135lbs title fight against a strawweight in a country that has no commission to officially weight Connor in.

I can see it now........

UFC 271: NRMcGregor vs #7Phuk N'Chump
Bantamweight Championship
From the Yo-Yo Ma Resort and Village Center
In Vientiane, Laos

Its as believable as JBJ's picograms, or Bisbing vs two straight guy not in the top 10, or Lesnar fighting on a known failed PED test.
Phuk N'Chump

Poindexter

Staff member
This makes it sound like it will be Diaz vs. Masvidal:
“He definitely wants to fight somebody,” Kawa said. “That person, we’re all going to find out shortly. I don’t want to give too much away, but I will say Jorge has been a man of his word since I’ve known him; he’s never lied or said something, then something else happened. He’s not that kind of guy. When he says, ‘This is what I want, this is what I want to do,’ that’s what happens. He gave somebody his word, so we’ll see. I can’t say too much now, but it’s going to be fun.”

Masvidal vs. Diaz II would certainly pave the way for this unlikely title fight.

SandyWH

CHAOS KREATOR
This makes it sound like it will be Diaz vs. Masvidal:
This!
UFC has been pushing Nate video on social media again.
Jorge is next in line for the title shot, and there is still the Nate trilogy fight on the table.

Nate would sell the crap outta the fight and it would allow Conor a winnable fight without screwing up any divisional hierarchies. And, regardless of who wins, the next fight for either man, win or lose, could be the BMF belt, depending on what happens with Gamebread vs Usman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."
thumper wrote on DOCTOR's profile.
Yoink! man what would we do without @DOCTOR posting events?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties