Losing weight.

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by LookItsLance, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Virtualpurple

Virtualpurple Go Team Venture!

That sounds like something I need, I appreciate it!

Ninjastix likes this.
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

It’s got so bad trying to drink my protein shakes with water that some of the time it comes back up.

I need the protein an stuff so I’m switching to adding the powder to skim milk.

I already do all this at a disadvantage, my testosterone levels are really low and have been for a long ass time. So I tend to feel sluggish after workouts. Idk maybe it’s all in my head.

3. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

What kind of protein are you using and what flavor protein do you prefer? There are a lot of really actual great tasting ones out there. Perhaps you should try it with some Silk vanilla or chocolate soy milk. There is a chocolate almond/cashew milk by Silk that packs 10g protein a serving. You also get the unsaturated fats you need. It all tastes great with protein powder.

If you’re feeling sluggish, maybe you should tone it down to 3-4 days a week until you feel right. Rest is just as crucial as all the training and dieting. Only way for your body to take all the work you’re doing and rebuild your muscles. Overtraining leads to fatigue and sickness.

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I lost thirty pounds. I did it by limiting my calories and by limiting carbs. I did it too fast. I focused on whole unprocessed foods, no fried food, and protein rich sources. I ate a lot of quinoa. But unless you significantly decrease your calories nothing is gonna happen. I did mild exercise in terms of walking about 4 -6 miles a day. I didn't look into my hormones, testosterone, etc. Just methodical routines.

Miz likes this.
  5. m1ckey kn0x

What was your caloric intake range?

6. Poindexter

It was under or around 2000 per day. I am impatient and it actually had some negative consequences.

7. m1ckey kn0x

Yeah, I’ve been there. None of us ever want to hear the word patience with getting in better shape, but it’s for the best. Gotta at least work your way down slowly on caloric intake. Losing it too fast does have negative consequences. And then it’s easier to put it back on. You can starve yourself for a while but most people eventually crack and then go on a binge. It’s too easy to do.

I never ate quinoa when I was training before. I always read about how great it was nutritionally. I had some the other day and want to add it into my regular diet.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 9, 2019, ---
    @Clark Kent Check these two powders out. I ordered them both recently to replace the absolute garbage I was consuming. Check out the nutritional profile on both of them in the pictures. Their nutritional profiles are absolutely incredible for protein powder. I wanted to try an organic and certified plant based powder so that’s what led me to choosing the Garden of Life brand below. I stumbled upon the other one and had to give it a shot as well.

I used to use syntha 6 and was again the last couple months until I realized what absolute shit it is nutritionally even though it always tasted amazing. It also packed a laundry list of ingredients like a lot of stuff out there that sounded like nothing I want in my body. You should compare these 2 nutritional profiles to the syntha 6 or what you use as an example and you’ll see what I mean.

The chocolate peanut butter Dymatize below is one of the best tasting powders I’ve ever had. However, the vanilla in Garden of Life tastes like shit. I’m sure the chocolate will be good though when I get done with the vanilla. Vanilla is always tricky. Both of these powders have minimal ingredients. What I like the most about the garden of life is that it’s USDA certified and organic plant based. You can guess who inspired me to try something like this out.

Above all, the nutritional value and balance in these 2 powders are top notch, and the Dymatize chocolate peanut butter tastes incredible. I’ve been mixing them together.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06X...mob_b_asin_title#immersive-view_1575951984681

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N..._asin_title&th=1#immersive-view_1575952435585

Oh, and ditch shaker cups if that’s what you’re using. Use a blender and add ice. Protein powder, soy milk, ice, and if you’re feeling frisky, throw a banana in there with some almonds or walnuts. You can add a little kale, too. If powder is vanilla, some frozen or fresh fruit.

Your shakes should be enjoyable.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Kano and Poindexter like this.
  8. Clark Kent

Soy milk to me tastes like shit.
    The protein I use is Walmart brand muscle fortress or some shit. People rag on it but I’ve tried the expensive stuff the mid range, I’ve tried it all. Honestly for the price it’s great and noticed no difference in performance.

then I take some bcaa pre workout and post workout.

sleep is my fucking issue. I can’t fucking sleep. I’ve got probably 3 to 4 hours at most a night. I can’t ever fall asleep. Bout to smoke a bowl or something before bed time.

9. m1ckey kn0x

Yeah, I feel you with sleep part. I don’t get enough myself. I just hate sleeping for 8 hours. I’d rather be using the time to myself. Maybe try some melatonin or use thc edibles. Training as much as you do with your caloric range, you need the sleep more than most. That is definitely a source of your fatigue.

10. Poindexter

Getting good sleep is supposed to contribute to weight loss as well.

Clark Kent likes this.
  11. Clark Kent

That first powder looks good an decent priced but fuck that second one. I’d go broke buying that. I’m not working right now while in grad school and taking care of the baby, who will already be a year old next Friday, holy shit.

Miz likes this.
  12. m1ckey kn0x

Yeah, I think you’d enjoy the Dymatize much better. The chocolate peanut butter is like a treat. No chalkiness, no bad after taste, just tastes great all around. I was really surprised when I first tried it.

Damn, time flies.

13. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

Get 100% gold standard whey protein. Mix it with milk. Nothing wrong with that. It’s also fine in water.

14. Poindexter

How long you gonna be Mongoloid?

Ninjastix likes this.
  15. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

One does not simply un-mongoloid..

Poindexter likes this.
  16. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

When I actually give a shit to change it. Poin change it I guess.

17. Poindexter

Will do.

18. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Depends on his ancestry, could be a monogoloid-by-design.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 12, 2019, ---
    Just about ten years ago and I have no idea who the fuck that person was.

I was nineteen, what was I even doing then?
    --- Post Added -- Dec 12, 2019, ---
    You fat cunt nineteen year old me.

Meanwhile twenty eight year old me is 291lbs and pretty content. Most of the time.

Only feel bad when I have a big night of drinking, that bloating is a cunt.

Clark Kent likes this.
  19. Clark Kent

It’s been a month today and I’ve lost exactly 1lbs. My wife pointed something out though a changed medications a month ago and that’s the same time the insomnia started too.

is it even possible that I’m gaining muscle just as fast as I’m losing weight. I count my calories and I haven’t eaten over 2500 even on a cheat day (except thanksgiving when I ate 2 pies lol).

anyway I ordered the other protein stuff that was suggested and now it’s workout time.

m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  20. m1ckey kn0x

The sleep definitely makes a huge difference. You’ve seen changes in your physical appearance though you said, right? And you must be stronger and feel a bit better than when you started? If you see or feel any difference at all, that’s still progress.

And great job at sticking within your caloric range like that. It’s not very easy to do for most.

Did you get the chocolate peanut butter? If you’re a fan of that flavor, you should love that protein. Just blend it up with ice.

For my breakfast shake, I usually do protein, vanilla or chocolate soy milk, ice, almonds or walnuts, half an avocado when I have them, some oats when I remember, and a small banana.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019