Kano's training log

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
I don't wimp out often and I'm not sure if this should be considered wimping out or not.

Yesterday I decided I would do my Tuscobia today. Lubed drive train on bike, aired up tires, new batteries in lights, laid out all my gear. The thing I didn't do was my mental prep. The mental prep is a critical step.

Well, I got up this morning and wasn't feeling it, wasn't right in the head to head out the door and do an 80 mile bike ride. So I hopped on the exercise bike. Managed to get this ride in.
20201229_151527.jpg

Poindexter

Staff member
Survival Pool Champion
I don't wimp out often and I'm not sure if this should be considered wimping out or not.

Yesterday I decided I would do my Tuscobia today. Lubed drive train on bike, aired up tires, new batteries in lights, laid out all my gear. The thing I didn't do was my mental prep. The mental prep is a critical step.

Well, I got up this morning and wasn't feeling it, wasn't right in the head to head out the door and do an 80 mile bike ride. So I hopped on the exercise bike. Managed to get this ride in.
I’d say not wimpy.

Clark Kent

Dude you my man are fucking awesome.

question do you have a stationary bike or a recumbent one. If it’s stationary how do you keep your nuts from going numb. The one I have after like 10 minutes my nuts are numb as fuck.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Haven't been posting in this thread lately. I'm still working out but not as intensely because I have no events on the near horizon but I did get a good one in today, on company time, 432 flights of stairs in 2 hours 7 minutes.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
346 flights of stairs, 2 hours 18 minutes.

Was wearing my work boots and not the freshest of socks.
Ended up with a little blister on my foot.

Clark Kent

you made me up my game buddy. I get up every morning now and do 30 minutes to an hour 7 days a week now on my bike.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
I wear Nike Pegasus for road running. They are probably one level above what you would NEED for walking but would work very well for that. As far as strictly walking shoe I really don't buy them because when my shoes wear out for running they get down graded to walking.

I've had Reebok's and do not recommend them.

Nike has a good shoe buying tool on their website.

Otherwise go to a shoe store where runners work and talk to them.

With all thst said I recommend Pegasus. I go to a Nike outlet store and get last year's model for about 40% off. Usually the only change is color or a slight upgrade in cushioning.

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I’ve had good luck with brooks for the last two pairs of shoes that I’ve bought. I used to have plantar fasciitis so I like to buy good walking shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

UFC Vegas 26: Rodriguez vs. Waterson

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
spring for the real Parmesan-Reggiano- desecrating a five-hour ragu with stuff from the green can would not only be disastrously counter-productive and sad, but borderline immoral.
So getting snipped today. Gonna sit in the basement game and enjoy bags of frozen peas
Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulieGMMA
Top Bottom