Kano's training log

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I started doing some push-ups yesterday. Last year I was doing 200 a day. I’m going to shoot for 100 a day for a month. I need to get back into shape. I need to get back to bjj. I’ve been focusing on my mind but I need to get the body back. Get that old man strength.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Just got back from a 10 mile run, going to pedal the exercise bike and watch the Queenies get beat up for a bit.

Thanks for letting me keep this log. With no race to train for this helps keep me motivated.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
I'm too depressed to restart my exercise routine. If I could just get started it would help but I can not make myself move.
How's your diet? Cut back on sugary snacks, empty carbs, and unhealthy fats. I think that is a good place to start. Lets work on that for two weeks then start mixing in some light exercise.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
How's your diet? Cut back on sugary snacks, empty carbs, and unhealthy fats. I think that is a good place to start. Lets work on that for two weeks then start mixing in some light exercise.
Mostly meat and potatoes. I'm lean. Weighing in at around 205 standing 6' 5". I have just been largely sedentary lately and need to get back on the horse.

Miz

I’ve been on a kick for the last month where I eat lean for breakfast and lunch and then a more normal family meal for lunch. I eat almonds, soaked chia seeds, an avacado, some blue berries, and a piece of salmon for breakfast and lunch. They are all brain healthy foods. I like this method cause then at night I can eat a little more normal stuff like pizza. Today I had hard boiled eggs instead of my salmon.
Got 25 more pushups to do. Doing them right now!
I definitely have more energy when I eat well.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
probably thought I skipped yesterday, guess again.

25 tough trail miles on my fat bike, quads a little weak today.
only got 13 easy miles on good trail on mountain bike today, 30 minute cooldown on exercise bike.

starting seven nights in a row at work tonight, training schedule up in the air.
I do need to get two days of running in.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
I'll follow up on my "give a fuck is broke" rant first. I'm putting it here because it ends with the company paying me to do my workout.

Wednesday, eight mile run supposed to be 12 but I got a late start and had to go in for night shift.

Ok rant part, I just finished working 14 days in a row, had the weekend off, thought I was coming back for seven night shifts but when I got to work and saw the schedule, I was on seven nights, one off, six days. 13 out of 14 with the one day off being a sleep day between nights and days. I work until six a.m. and that's called a day off. These are all 12 hour shifts.

Thursday, no workout
Friday, still being on nights and getting farther behind on sleep each day I just slept all day.
In order to get my workout in I needed to do it on company time and after taking a rest day my legs felt great. So I just got paid to do 326 flights of stairs.

My give a fuck is somewhat salvaged.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Sunday, 20 mile bike ride, 13 trail, 7 road.

Monday, 90 minutes on exercise bike plus 180 flights of stairs.

I know this is getting a little boring. I was supposed to be training for a race and I would have had some epic eight hour bike rides or 25 mile runs but it was cancelled and I'm not sacrificing an entire day to train for no event.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
8.5 mile run Tuesday
8.5 mile run Wednesday
5 miles total Thursday, 2 miles pulled a 35 lbs weight, 2 miles power hike with 40 lbs pack, 1 mile slow jog

Still working every day til Monday.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
I probably not going to keep up on this but I'll get caught up to today.

Sunday, 10 mile run
Monday, 30 mile bike ride mostly trail
Tuesday, 7.5 mile power hike, 3.5 pulling my weight, 3.5 with a 40 lbs pack on, .5 with both. That was killer. I was going 40 yards at a time and my legs were burning.
Wednesday, 8.5 mile run
Thursday, 3 hour bike ride.

I am strongly considering doing an 80 mile bike ride on my own in place of my cancelled race.
Post automatically merged:

I ride tough trails
20201210_135205.jpg

Last edited:

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
@Miz when it gets dark early it's a great time to go for a run in the snow. It's beautiful, very low impact, peaceful and soothing to the mind. It's an incredible way to clear your head at the end of the day. Here's what my run tonight looked like.

20201215_191632.jpg

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
This morning 14 miles.
Two miles pulling a 35 lbs weight,
Two miles with a 40 lbs pack on,
One mile double death, that's both pulling the weight and wearing the pack.
Nine miles running.

20201220_134838.jpg

Miz

You are a mad man my friend. I need to start working out. Maybe not to your standard. I’d like to try yoga. I know I should start training bjj again. There is a high school junior that I roll with during the teens class sometimes because he doesn’t have anyone his size. My buddy (another coach) just plays with him where as I’m fighting for my life (lol).

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
You are a mad man my friend. I need to start working out. Maybe not to your standard. I’d like to try yoga. I know I should start training bjj again. There is a high school junior that I roll with during the teens class sometimes because he doesn’t have anyone his size. My buddy (another coach) just plays with him where as I’m fighting for my life (lol).
I'm really doing more than what my normal routine would be. Eight weeks ago I committed to a training program for my Tuscobia. The race was cancelled but I decided to follow through with my plan.
I really like getting out on the trails in the woods and spending time cleaning house in side my head. If everybody did that headshrinkers business would decline dramatically.

Reactions: Miz

Miz

I'm really doing more than what my normal routine would be. Eight weeks ago I committed to a training program for my Tuscobia. The race was cancelled but I decided to follow through with my plan.
I really like getting out on the trails in the woods and spending time cleaning house in side my head. If everybody did that headshrinkers business would decline dramatically.
Thats what I need. I need a goal. Maybe I compete bjj this year. (I’ve only competed once.). I really envy your training mind set and what limits you push your body to do. You got any bjj gyms close to you? You’d be a fucking nightmare in the master’s division.
I’m still active in BJJ as I coach four nights a week (both of my kids class and the youngest class), but I’ve only recently started rolling again with that high school kid (and I flow roll with the other youngins).
I need a goal. Maybe it’s time to get back to the adult classes. I could pick a tournament and go for it. I’m just a blue belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james101
Top Bottom