Jon “Bones” Jones in trouble again... (1 Viewer)

NotSoDarkAngel

This whole supplement thing seems questionable at best. Jones and lawyers just had months to shop around and test supplements until they found one that was tainted. How can Jones actually prove that was the supplement he was actually ingesting at the time of his failed test? Seems like any athlete with the financial means could easy go this route.

I hope I am wrong. Someone please tell me I am. If not that's one hell of an over sight in USADAS policies.
Another reason I believe that if the UFC wants to push USADA on fighters they need to provide a lists of USADA guaranteed supplements. Specific supplements by brands that are tested for quality control by USADA/or similar organization and guaranteed clean.

The "I didn't know what I was taking" excuse shouldn't be acceptable.

MBC

No no no, don’t you want to see the man not get in trouble? Don’t you want to see him succeed. Cmon, guy is the best fighter to step in the octagon. Chillllllll man

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Matt Hammill's the real hero in all of this, lol. Ripped that undefeated shit straight out of the history books before this goof had even fully made it.
He took those elbows like a champ. He earned that victory.

rivethead

Neg'd 4 Lyfe
Another reason I believe that if the UFC wants to push USADA on fighters they need to provide a lists of USADA guaranteed supplements. Specific supplements by brands that are tested for quality control by USADA/or similar organization and guaranteed clean.

The "I didn't know what I was taking" excuse shouldn't be acceptable.
Until very, very recently, the NCAA had an absolute zero tolerance for tainted supplements. Their stated expectations indicated athletes could achieve peak performance with a healthy diet, regimented work outs and enough rest. If an athlete tested hot because of a supplement, their response was simply "we don't feel supplements are necessary, and use of a tainted product does not impact our sanctions."

It wouldn't surprise me if the UFC got interested in the supplement market, but that's really the simplest approach for ACs and USADA to take:

"You tested hot. This is a second offense, you get 4 years."
"But I can prove it was a tainted supplement."
"OK, you get 48 months."

I honestly wouldn't even waste the time on an investigation that includes tainted product, or dick pills, or whatever. And I absolutely wouldn't give any "pulsing" nonsense the time of day. I'd simply state, you fail a test, for whatever reason, you are suspended X amount of time. And then stick to it. It's not hard to do.

rh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel