Joker - Final Trailer (1 Viewer)

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Gonna skip Joker until either it's been in release for weeks or is on VoD. Too many reviewers I typically agree with have said it's a lesser version of Taxi Driver or The King of Comedy. Too many reviewers I don't agree with have labeled it a masterpiece or thoughtful or provocative. I think I'd probably end up being disappointed so I'll save my money.
Same.

Clark Kent

Gonna skip Joker until either it's been in release for weeks or is on VoD. Too many reviewers I typically agree with have said it's a lesser version of Taxi Driver or The King of Comedy. Too many reviewers I don't agree with have labeled it a masterpiece or thoughtful or provocative. I think I'd probably end up being disappointed so I'll save my money.
I didn’t care much for it. Phoenix was amazing but I didn’t walk out of there going omg or didn’t want to stand and give it an 8 minute ovation. Not that is was a bad movie, I would definitely support him taking over joker for the dc.

This just makes the dceu more confusing. They have pretty much dropped Leto, he was supposed to be in suicide squad 2 and harley Quinn but not in either and his solo movie is all but canned.

Poindexter

Staff member
I'm a fan of Joaquin Phoenix's work. I don't see many movies in the theater, so seeing it when I can download it isn't me taking a stance on it. It sounds like it is probably the best take on the character that's been done—Ledger's performance not withstanding, given that this storyline is the most in depth treatment to date.

thumper

Staff member
anyone seen this yet? I see it's streaming (cam tho). I might check it out.
I wasn't a fan of his at all, but I watched a 30 min documentary on him and I have to admit, it changed my mind about that guy. I didn't realize how serious he is about his acting.
[DOUBLEPOST=1570907389,1570907266][/DOUBLEPOST]
Phoenix was very good. He was phenomenal. I really liked the movie. He’s the protagonist of the film, but he’s not really presented as a hero. Because he’s not. It’s good. Kind of a bummer that this won’t be the running DCEU Joker, but even DC won’t be able to let Leto return after this
Shit, i just saw this after asking if anyone saw it.

well bran isn't important enough anyway :). kidding.

think I'll watch this after the fights. shit maybe just go tomorrow to the theater... nah... i know me.

Palma

I am chaos
People expect too much out of movies. How are these hardline stances on what a great movie should be even allow for you to be entertained? You're creating the expectation to be disappointed. What is the point of even watching movies if you're just going to be overly critical of everything? It's just a movie, watch it or don't.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Cesar Romero fans before Nicholson: Oh, Cesar Romero IS Joker, as far as I’m concerned.
Jack Nicholson fans before Hamill: Man, Nicholson will never be topped.
Mark Hamill fans before Ledger: Hamill IS the Joker. Period.
Ledger fans before Leto: Iconic. Untouchable.
Leto fans:
Joker fans: New Joker wanted. Don’t care who, just need new.
Phoenix fans: Phew.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
I maintain that Hamill's Joker portrayal is still the icon and standard.

Nicholson/Ledger/Phoenix all did great jobs but Hamill's [imo] is still the number one.

Clark Kent

Cesar Romero fans before Nicholson: Oh, Cesar Romero IS Joker, as far as I’m concerned.
Jack Nicholson fans before Hamill: Man, Nicholson will never be topped.
Mark Hamill fans before Ledger: Hamill IS the Joker. Period.
Ledger fans before Leto: Iconic. Untouchable.
Leto fans:
Joker fans: New Joker wanted. Don’t care who, just need new.
Phoenix fans: Phew.
It the issue still remains we don’t have a new joker. We have a joker film. We need Phoenix in the Batman universe but I don’t see it happening

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
I’m okay with not seeing joker for a while. Batman has the biggest and best rogues gallery and we keep falling back on Joker.
I agree.

You can tell a lot of great stories with other villains, we dont need to keep re-using and re-casting Joker(s).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

Fight - Night Kattar vs IGE

Latest profile posts

RIP Ennio Morricone
So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties