Joker - Final Trailer (1 Viewer)

thumper

Staff member

Since I've never seen any of the Batman movies I have no clue how this relates, but this looks like a fun movie to me, and I cannot stand Joaquin Phoenix

is this the same Joker?

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor

Since I've never seen any of the Batman movies I have no clue how this relates, but this looks like a fun movie to me, and I cannot stand Joaquin Phoenix

is this the same Joker?
It is the Joker from Batman but it isn't related to any other films. It's a stand alone film.

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor

is this the same Joker?
Same joker, but this is designed to stand on its own. So you don’t need to know anything about it.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
The best thing the guy who wrote and directs this movie ever made was the hangover. This dude sucks. I'm hoping that he found a muse and this is his opus. Trailers look amazing but I have always been wary of any kind of joker origin story. Looks like V for vendetta with the joker as V.

Also, this joker has to be separate from all other jokers right? Like this is totally not heath ledger's joker. Bruce Wayne is like 8 here and joker is already old.

Bran

The wolf dead.

is this the same Joker?
You’ve seriously never seen any Batman movie? Not one?

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I'm probably in the minority. But I'm too vocal. I could just give a fuck about The Joker. I don't see the appeal.. sans Batman. And it's not that I find Batman a super compelling character either, I don't. Bat-detective? Maybe. Bat-God? No.

I think what is compelling is the dynamic (gigity) between both Joker and Batman. Their relationship as it were is pretty fascinating in the hands of competent author or director. I would probably argue that it's the most compelling aspect of the Batman mythos and that it really hasn't been explored in film the way it ought of been by now.

It seems like this film might actually be better served if it had nothing to do with The Joker. It doesn't look (on trailer) like a studio product but that's what it is on concept. It's likely a non-canonical slice of a bigger story doled out to reinvigorate interest in the "brand". I feel comics put it on front street. You pay the woman on the corner. You don't get dressed up and go to the gala and grab ride share after dinner and drinks for her to turn around and ask for her fee. That's what these movies are.

thumper

Staff member
You’ve seriously never seen any Batman movie? Not one?
The only superhero movies I've ever seen was the Superman back in the 80s with Christoper Reeves.

II did watch deadpool the first one. not the second. No avengers, highway to the galaxy (if that was one, i haven't seen it) or any others. I've avoided the entire superhero after that first batman, but I think if I started I'd get interested. What would be the very best to start with?

Last edited:

Bran

The wolf dead.
The only superhero movies I've ever seen was the Superman back in the 80s with Christoper Reeves.

II did watch deadpool the first one. not the second. No avengers, highway to the galaxy (if that was one, i haven't seen it) or any others. I've avoided the entire superhero after that first batman, but I think if I started I'd get interested. What would be the very best to start with?
Probably the Nolan/Bale Batman trilogy.

thumper

Staff member
Probably the Nolan/Bale Batman trilogy.
So that's the The Dark Knight Trilogy, right.

Wait all those came out in one year, 2012 right? How did that happen or was it planned that way. if that's the case Dark Knight Rises would be 1st

Bran

The wolf dead.
So that's the The Dark Knight Trilogy, right.

Wait all those came out in one year, 2012 right? How did that happen or was it planned that way. if that's the case Dark Knight Rises would be 1st
They didn’t. They came out one at a time over probably 4-5 years. And it starts with Batman Begins, Dark Knight, then Dark Knight Rises. But I’d say that’s your best jumping on point if you want to dip your toes in the superhero waters

thumper

Staff member
ok you're saying to watch batman begins first right?

Forgive me, I was in the ER again last night and still a little confused but I think I'm right

thumper

Staff member
i'm getting there. I'll be OK

I'll watch Batman Begins today then. cool. then I'll follow the others. I hope I can get into it.

Clark Kent

Idk after watching this trailer I’m guessing we don’t see the joker until the final scene. Still going to watch it, just not sold anymore on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."
thumper wrote on DOCTOR's profile.
Yoink! man what would we do without @DOCTOR posting events?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties