Johnny Walker claims he can beat Francis Ngannou today (1 Viewer)

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Johnny Walker claims he can beat Francis Ngannou today
This list of people willing to fight Francis Ngannou is seemingly getting shorter and shorter. Having rebounded from two worrying losses with a trio of blitzkrieg knockouts of Curtis Blaydes, Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos, Ngannou has reasserted himself as the scariest fighter in MMA. Yet there is still one man ready and willing to step into the cage with the talented Cameroonian-Frenchman: Brazil’s Johnny Walker.

Walker, to remind, is not even a heavyweight, but a light heavyweight. Nonetheless, he is confident that if was locked in the cage with Francis Ngannou on this very day, he could win.

Johnny Walker made this bold proclamation with a single-word reply to a post on the UFC Brasil Instagram account.

UFC: Mention a name capable of defeating this man today.

Johnny Walker: Me. pic.twitter.com/Sw4EfKe4Tp

— Guilherme Cruz (@guicruzzz) July 1, 2019

“Mention a name capable of defeating this man today,” read the UFC’s Instagram post, which featured a photo of Ngannou (translations via Guilherme Cruz of MMA Fighting).

“Me,” Walker replied plainly.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Corey Anderson, Johnny Walker want to fight at UFC 244 in New York
Corey Anderson and Johnny Walker are trying to make the UFC matchmaker’s job a little bit easier.

After attempting to secure a fight against Jon Jones later this year, Anderson turned his attention towards a new opponent after UFC president Dana White said publicly that he wouldn’t be getting the next opportunity compete for the light heavyweight title.

So Anderson wasted no time calling for a fight against highly touted light heavyweight prospect Johnny Walker, who has gone 3-0 thus far in his UFC career with all three fights finished by knockout or TKO.

Many believe Walker could be the future of the division but Anderson isn’t ready to hand over his ranking to anybody just yet and he’s ready to defend his spot at the upcoming UFC 244 card taking place at Madison Square Garden in New York this November.

“Wanted to dethrone the “king”, they want me to derail a train,” Anderson wrote on Twitter. “Johnny Walker thinks he’s ready for the big leagues, time to roll out the red carpet. You want the sauce?! Meet me in the land of opportunity, NYC, MSG, Nov. 2nd.”

Wanted to dethrone the "King", they want me to derail a train, #JohnnyWalker thinks he's ready for the big leagues, time to roll out the red carpet. You want the sauce?! Meet me in the land of opportunity, NYC, MSG, Nov 2nd. #ufc #msg @AliAbdelaziz00 @danawhite @Mickmaynard2

— Corey Anderson UFC (@CoreyA_MMA) July 29, 2019
Walker has been out of action since suffering a shoulder injury during his post-fight celebration following his last win.

In recent weeks, Walker has been teasing his return to action and he seemed more than happy to accept Anderson’s call out for a fight in November.

“Let’s dance together, and have a little fun, light heavyweight needs a new king,” Walker wrote in response to Anderson.

Let's dance together, and have a little fun, LHW needs a new king . ✌

— Johnny Walker (@Johnnywalkermma) July 30, 2019
Obviously the UFC hasn’t officially booked this fight but with Anderson training in nearby New Jersey, he would have the chance to compete close to his home base for the fight.

Add to that, UFC 244 will be a marquee card for the promotion and Jones has hinted that he would also like the opportunity to fight in his home state of New York. Putting a light heavyweight contender bout like Anderson vs. Walker on the undercard would make sense as a back up for a potential 205-pound title fight at the top of the show.

As of now there’s no word if there’s legitimate interest in the fight coming together but it’s clear Anderson and Walker are ready to rumble in November.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Ngannou knocked out Junior? I must have missed/blacked out on this.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
UFC President explains why 2020 will be an “exciting year” for Francis Ngannou
“Yeah, exciting year for Francis, too, because, not only big fights for him, and potential title fight, but France,” he said. “We finally got France done. We’ve been working hard for a long time to get that place open for MMA, and we’ll do a fight there that, obviously, Francis will probably headline.”

White had the following to say when asked about who Ngannou’s next opponent would be.

“I don’t know right now. I don’t know. I don’t have an answer to that question right now.”

Noise

Ruido
Only makes me appreciate Stipe that much more. He didn't give a flying fuck, went in there, outboxed his ass – all in a day's work.

And did it while Joe Rogan's biased ass was putting Francis on a pedestal as the second coming of Tyson or some fucking bullshit.

thumper

Picogrammar
Staff member
More of a case of Twitter fingers rather than a lunatic. He already turned the fight down twice according to Francis. So I'll wait and see if it actually happens now.
A guy with good defense standing, almost any wrestling and at least the stamina to go 3 rounds. (he wont need 5)
anyone come to mind? :rude:

thumper

Picogrammar
Staff member
Who are you saying won't need 5? Francis or Volkov?

Sounds like Stipe to me.
I think he can take it in 3 and not need to go 5
[DOUBLEPOST=1575251592,1575251258][/DOUBLEPOST]to further explain. I don't care how much Francis has been working on cardio, those giant muscles take a LOT of 02 to function, and it takes quite a while to get cardio right. I don't think he's had enough time. Nor could he have improved that much on TDD (although that is possible?)

He had too many holes in his game to have improved that much. purely my opinion though

And, unless he's light years ahead in his striking, Stipe slipped every single head shot he tried (thank god)

I think Stipe could wear him out in 3 rounds and TKO him this time

Clark Kent

I think he can take it in 3 and not need to go 5
[DOUBLEPOST=1575251592,1575251258][/DOUBLEPOST]to further explain. I don't care how much Francis has been working on cardio, those giant muscles take a LOT of 02 to function, and it takes quite a while to get cardio right. I don't think he's had enough time. Nor could he have improved that much on TDD (although that is possible?)

He had too many holes in his game to have improved that much. purely my opinion though

And, unless he's light years ahead in his striking, Stipe slipped every single head shot he tried (thank god)

I think Stipe could wear him out in 3 rounds and TKO him this time
What still makes this fight interesting is he could put stipes lights out at any time and it’s fun watching stipe piss all over ufcs plans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel