John McCain sucks...

Joe Biden was one of the original writers of the assault rifle ban, that is now expired.

Biden is the 3 most liberal congressman of all time. Obama is #1.

That's enough for me to vote the other way.

Intellectual

Breathe Life Into a Stone
Palma good to see you back.

don't care too much about the elections and politics behind it. we need a parliamentary system.

Palma

I am chaos
Palma good to see you back.

don't care too much about the elections and politics behind it. we need a parliamentary system.
I don't really even want to talk about politics, but the section was empty and I felt a need to create a thread...

good to see you back as well old friend.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
It's too bad an independent candidate will never be president. The Democrats and Republicans are too busy with the special interests and each other to actually care what's good for the taxpayers.

sabreclaww

jui jitsoooos
I just can't fathom someone that far left running my country.

And then Obama's running too.
LOLOOL>....had to shout this out...kinda a DOUBLE BURN@@@
I'm also with 'Dance.

The Sundance Kid ::

Joe Biden was one of the original writers of the assault rifle ban, that is now expired.
Biden is the 3 most liberal congressman of all time. Obama is #1.
That's enough for me to vote the other way.

keerrrrrang man....my butthole puckers when i hear that *shudder I'm with ya son! war non obama and biden ...

Chris

Oh I like this thread.

I have a hard time bashing Republicans only because the Republican Party had a strong trend and history of being anti-war and almost isolationist. That ended after Regan though. The Neo-cons have really taken this country and spun it into something I can't say I'm very proud of.

I'd say between McCain and Obama, I'd absolutely pick Obama. Especially with Joe Biden at his side. Any talk about Obama not having any foreign policy experience or people working for/with him has now all but stopped. All of his baggage aside, Joe Biden is a great man with a TON of experience in foreign relations. There's really no debating that.

Honestly though, I'm a Libertarian at heart. We were meant to follow what the Constitution had set for us, period. I'm a firm believer of that. Ron Paul 2008 :(

Krazikarl

Cthulhu fhtagn
The Sundance Kid said:
Biden is the 3 most liberal congressman of all time.
Nope, hes a centrist:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/conventions/co_20080823_9669.php

In other years, Biden has been more of a centrist. Four times from 1993 to 1998 his composite liberal score fell to the 60s--most notably in 1997, when only three of the 45 Democratic senators had a more conservative rating. More recently, Biden has generally fit near the center of Senate Democrats.
His (and Obama's) liberal streak is pretty recent, but being liberal lately in the Senate just means going against what Bush is doing, which isnt a bad thing.

Chris said:
I'm a firm believer of that. Ron Paul 2008
Ron Paul's not a very good libertarian at all. He can call himself whatever he wants, but many of his policies just dont come close to fitting what a real libertarian would want. If he'd actually switch a few of his positions to real libertarian positions (and stop bitching about the Fed), I'd like the guy.

Chris

Ron Paul's not a very good libertarian at all. He can call himself whatever he wants, but many of his policies just dont come close to fitting what a real libertarian would want. If he'd actually switch a few of his positions to real libertarian positions (and stop bitching about the Fed), I'd like the guy.
I'd agree that some of his views kind of contradict his self proclaimed ultra-Libertarian policies, but his stance on limited government and his warranted attacks on the Fed, IRS, Dept. of Homeland Security and other bureaucracies made a lot of sense to me, and something I definitely read up on and became very interested in. The only thing I thought he was crazy about was going back to the gold standard.. meh.

I knew off the bat he didn't have a real, solid chance of being President, but I still supported him til the end. Bought some of his books/shirts, went to a few of his rallies, and met some very cool people that really understand what America should be like. Had some amazing conversations and debates with a lot of said people. Good times.

Krazikarl

Cthulhu fhtagn
Well, if you get rid of the Fed, you have to go to some sort of standard system like the gold standard unless you have Congress take over for the Fed, which is just madness).

The bottom line is that those systems he wants to have repeatedly been shown to be huge failures in reality (the Great Depression was made worse because of the gold standard for example), while the Federal Reserve system has been extremely successful. Given the history of the various choices, it doesnt really make any sense to change to to the older, flawed systems of national economics.

vore9000

Actually the Candidate who I felt was best and lines up with what I believe on almost every issue I cared to look at was Dennis Kucinich.

It just sucks that no one took him seriously at all...

Seriously didn't they give him a question about UFO's at a debate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.
foundstarr wrote on Ninjastix's profile.
playing anything fun?
Welcome to our fortress tall
Take some time to show you around
My small collection of whisk(e)y is now at twelve bottles. Not the worst problem to have. hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom