Joe Rogan announces podcast move to Spotify; deal worth more than $100 million (1 Viewer)

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Joe is still a knob but congrats or whatever.
His podcast is great if he has the right guest on.

I don’t use Spotify or any streaming service except Apple Music because it’s integrated into my phone. I listen to the podcast through the podcasts app built into my phone. The story says the podcast is free through their platform but don’t you have to pay for their platform to use it?

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
His podcast is great if he has the right guest on.

I don’t use Spotify or any streaming service except Apple Music because it’s integrated into my phone. I listen to the podcast through the podcasts app built into my phone. The story says the podcast is free through their platform but don’t you have to pay for their platform to use it?
No Spotify is like Pandora or Amazon music, mostly free but you can pay for a premium version (I use all three and don't pay). His podcast will still be free.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
No Spotify is like Pandora or Amazon music, mostly free but you can pay for a premium version (I use all three and don't pay). His podcast will still be free.
Are there commercials if you use the free version? I know Joe reads ads at the beginning of his podcast but it doesn't get interrupted. He reads the ads, you can skip them.

I wonder if this effects how he does the show if there are advertisers involved. I was literally listening to his podcast from April 17 with Donnell Rawlings and he said he purposely avoids doing his podcast for others because he wants no corporate influences in how he does his show.

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor
Are there commercials if you use the free version? I know Joe reads ads at the beginning of his podcast but it doesn't get interrupted. He reads the ads, you can skip them.

I wonder if this effects how he does the show if there are advertisers involved. I was literally listening to his podcast from April 17 with Donnell Rawlings and he said he purposely avoids doing his podcast for others because he wants no corporate influences in how he does his show.
On spotify there is a 30 second to 1 minute advertisement every 15 minutes or so

Bran

The wolf dead.
My sincerest hope is that Joe Rogan is eaten by a shark in the next 3-5 years.
Hopefully in one of his isolation chambers
Post automatically merged:

On spotify there is a 30 second to 1 minute advertisement every 15 minutes or so
That's not too bad. I use Stitcher premium, so no ads for me when I listen to Earwolf or Stitcher exclusives, but other network podcasts can be exhausting. A lot of hosts will read copy for 3-6 minutes

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Mostly the No Sleep Podcast. I'd download a bunch for vacation drives we'd do but that's kind of over and done with for awhile.

I'm a fan of the NPR stuff, Fresh Air, Hidden Brain, and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. Also liked Car Talk.

I'm a fan of Funhaus but their Dude Soup podcast sucks. Their movie podcast, Filmhaus is okay. I dearly miss Paul F. doing H.G. Wells in The Dead Author's Podcast.

I think now I'd seek out some of the Hip Hop podcasts like Crook's Corner.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Mostly the No Sleep Podcast. I'd download a bunch for vacation drives we'd do but that's kind of over and done with for awhile.

I'm a fan of the NPR stuff, Fresh Air, Hidden Brain, and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. Also liked Car Talk.

I'm a fan of Funhaus but their Dude Soup podcast sucks. Their movie podcast, Filmhaus is okay. I dearly miss Paul F. doing H.G. Wells in The Dead Author's Podcast.

I think now I'd seek out some of the Hip Hop podcasts like Crook's Corner.
I think you’d really get into I Was There Too with Matt Gourley

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Yeah I love Matt, I'll have to check out his stuff. Be was great on Dead Author's. His improving as Carl Sagan and Ian Flemming is some of the best performance art out there.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
On platforms like Hulu, I pay extra to be able to have no commercials. But if it's only a 15 second ad every 15 minutes, I can handle that. I just wonder again about the corporate influence or if they'll be any on his podcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel