IRS propose to charities collecting donor's SS#

cheeseflosser

I disagree completely with your assessment in this case.

There is so much fraud in the donation-for-write-off system. Similarly, there is a lot of money-laundering that can take place in non-profits.

Currently, Joe Schmo can drop a donation at Goodwill, get a receipt, and claim it was far more valuable than reality and the only actual evidence is a hand-written receipt saying Joe was there and had a bag he dropped off.

Hassquatch

Slayer
Yes, one thing people actually get over on the IRS. However, if it's a ridiculous amount the IRS is still going to investigate it so it's not like you can claim donating thousands of dollars to charity on a limited income and the IRS isn't going to come knocking.

Thrift stores aren't equipped or manned with staff to handle personal information such as a social security number. FinCen/IRS is trying to get private companies to do their job again...

Sniggles

ex nihilo
Yes, one thing people actually get over on the IRS. However, if it's a ridiculous amount the IRS is still going to investigate it so it's not like you can claim donating thousands of dollars to charity on a limited income and the IRS isn't going to come knocking.

Thrift stores aren't equipped or manned with staff to handle personal information such as a social security number. FinCen/IRS is trying to get private companies to do their job again...
It's to catch the rich fucks dodging taxes not the poor people. Duh.

BRB donating some Gucci to Sally Anne.

Hassquatch

Slayer
It's to catch the rich fucks dodging taxes not the poor people. Duh.

BRB donating some Gucci to Sally Anne.
"A lot of the small noprofits are going to be challenged in completing this,” said Cynthia Pritchard, the president and chief executive officer of the United Way of Greater Augusta."

When was the last time you were at a thrift shop? I barely ever see poor people shopping there. Anyway, poor people don't have anything to donate, either, now do they? It's to about the people that donate clothing, furniture, appliances, etc..not the people who might receive the donations. Limited income, does not mean poor. $150,000/yr is a limited income. The IRS looks at people making less than $100k/yr pretty close. Those are the people typically claiming exaggerated donations on the receipt that they fill out (the recipient does not). That's what this is aimed at. I've heard numerous people talk about do it annually, not that I ever have.

Regardless, rich fucks claiming enormous donation amounts = the IRS investigating those large claims anyway.

Sniggles

ex nihilo
"A lot of the small noprofits are going to be challenged in completing this,” said Cynthia Pritchard, the president and chief executive officer of the United Way of Greater Augusta."

When was the last time you were at a thrift shop? I barely ever see poor people shopping there. Anyway, poor people don't have anything to donate, either, now do they? It's to about the people that donate clothing, furniture, appliances, etc..not the people who might receive the donations. Limited income, does not mean poor. $150,000/yr is a limited income. The IRS looks at people making less than $100k/yr pretty close. Those are the people typically claiming exaggerated donations on the receipt that they fill out (the recipient does not). That's what this is aimed at. I've heard numerous people talk about do it annually, not that I ever have.

Regardless, rich fucks claiming enormous donation amounts = the IRS investigating those large claims anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evolveny
Top Bottom