Hot mic catches GOP strategists trashing Palin pick

Poindexter

Staff member
September 3, 2008

(CNN) – Prominent Republican analysts Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy became the latest victims of an open microphone Wednesday, caught after a segment on MSNBC trashing John McCain's pick of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Noonan, a Wall Street Journal columnist and former speechwriter for Ronald Reagan, and Murphy, a campaign strategist and onetime aide to John McCain, can both be heard expressing disbelief with the pick of Palin after they apparently thought they were in a commercial break.

“I come out of the blue swing-state governor world, Engler, Whitman, Thompson, Mitt Romney,” Murphy said during the mishap which has since been posted on YouTube. Murphy later flatly says of the pick, "It's not going to work."

Noonan is heard going even further, saying of the presidential race, "It's over."

"I think they went for this — excuse me– political bulls–t about narratives," Noonan also said. "Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it."

Murphy, who was a senior adviser to John McCain's 2000 presidential bid, also adds, "You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical."
Source

YouTube Link

They said just what I was thinking, but what do I know. They get paid for their assessments. But at this point, who really knows how this will pan out.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
This is the same type of stuff you hear when people think no one is listening. If you secretly mic'd anyone, you wouldn't believe the stuff that people say. That's the problem in this country, everyone is so fake all the time that when they are being real, and someone catches them, they're judged.

Take Jesse Jackson, who cares what he said about Obama, he was speaking his mind.

And Dog The Bounty Hunter . . . Do you really think he's the first celebrity to use the N word in a conversation to his son.

This country is so fake, it's ridiculous. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Obama's office when it's just him and his buddie's around, same with McCain.

William Munny

Why don't these "talking heads" just keep quiet during a commercial break or talk about something else? So many people are caught like this, you'd think they'd learn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.
foundstarr wrote on Ninjastix's profile.
playing anything fun?
Welcome to our fortress tall
Take some time to show you around
My small collection of whisk(e)y is now at twelve bottles. Not the worst problem to have. hehe
You might be a financial wizard
With a sack of loot
All I see is a slimy lizard
With an expensive suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom