healthcare USA vs Canada (1 Viewer)

Mastershake

There once was a man-----
Canada health care rocks, its free. USA sucks it cost to much and doctors are greedy, end of discussion

TheDW

lol, I was hoping for something a little more in-depth but that is pretty much the meat and potatos of it mastershake :clap:

William Munny

Canada health care rocks, its free. USA sucks it cost to much and doctors are greedy, end of discussion
IMO that's not the end of the discussion. To leave out the insurance carriers is a mistake. I talk to my doctor about the business end of things with his practice; and the guidelines, etc. that the doctors have to meet to get paid by the carriers are ridiculous. I.E.: If they don't see enough patients a week they will not pay them (this is why doctors rush your visit, not b/c they don't like you; if they don't see X patients a week, the carriers will kick the doctor out of their coverage).

That being said, I don't live in Canada; I visit it very infrequently; I have no first hand knowledge about their healthcare; so it is hard for me to state that it is better than ours; but I have to say that I can't imagine that its worse.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
How is health care free? Someone has to pay for it. Nothing is ever free.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Doesn’t America pay the most to pharmaceutical companies for drugs than any other modern country?

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I fully believe the money is there to do it without having to raise taxes. The taxes they take now just needs to be allocated better.

chrisc

Ninja
I fully believe the money is there to do it without having to raise taxes. The taxes they take now just needs to be allocated better.
If the government runs it though, it’s gonna be 3x as expensive as it should be

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
If the government runs it though, it’s gonna be 3x as expensive as it should be
Of course. But that doesn't mean the government can't afford. They could do it if they wanted.

At the very least everybody under the age of 18 should be covered, period. Families going bankrupt and having to do kick starters to pay for a 6 year olds cancer treatment is disgusting.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Doesn’t America pay the most to pharmaceutical companies for drugs than any other modern country?
The claim is that we, effectively, subsidize the world by respecting certain patents and discriminatory pricing which then goes into R&D for the next round of drugs. I don't agree, given how high profits are, but that's the other side of the claim.

Ct_L33T

The claim is that we, effectively, subsidize the world by respecting certain patents and discriminatory pricing which then goes into R&D for the next round of drugs. I don't agree, given how high profits are, but that's the other side of the claim.
Who has claimed that?

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel