Guns n Roses Reunion?

Hassquatch

Slayer
Rumors and speculation have been crazy the past few months. From the Appetite line up reuniting to a hybrid line up with Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy, and Ferrer.

Any fans? Any thoughts?

RearNakedSmoker

The Cone of Uncertainty
I saw them in 1990 on the Use Your Illusion tour with Soundgarden opening up. It was Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt Sorum.

Excellent show. One of the top 3 loudest shows I've ever seen.

I can see this reunion working out until Axl has a shit fit about something minor and cancels the whole tour. Get your tickets for the early dates.....that might be the only shows that they play.

helipoison

Lots of fans. I saw them in 1992 during the UYI tour with Faith No More and Metallica. Easily the best show I have ever seen. I would love to see them back together and touring. I'd pay a fair amount to get in the door.. Say up to $300 bucks. Personally I think you need to get the original lineup to really make this work. The only substitutes that I think work are Matt instead of Steven (I would really like to see Steven I think he is a much better drummer), and Gilby Clarke instead of Izzy if he doesn't want to deal with the bullshit. The problem here is if they don't roll the original lineup the chances of getting another album from them is decreased and if we do get an album it won't be as good because the magic really was Izzy, Slash, and Duff with the guitar work, Steven behind the drums and Axl on the lyrics. Obviously Dizzy is going to have to be back for the piano/keyboard stuff but I would not be heartbroken if he wasn't.

That's leads me into the shows. I hope they put the stripped down version of the shows out. They don't need all the production, back up singers, blah blah blah. Some of my favorite shows of theirs from the UYI tour were in 93 when they went back to their roots just playing their asses off without all the added BS to the shows. Busting out the couch and jamming Patience, You're Crazy and a few other tunes. If you folks are not familiar watch their 93 show in Argentina right before the band ended the UYI tour and compare it to the 92 Paris show and you will see what I mean. Both are on Youtube.

I think a lot of people have been waiting a long time for them to get back together and I think the tour would be an unprecedented success if they can keep it rolling. A lot of people have said that GnR is one album and one tour short of supplanting Led Zeppelin as the best Rock Band of all time and I agree with that. It would be awesome if they could pull it off and I would love to experience the magic of GnR live one more time.

Rise

Seen them live twice they were great both times around though the starting 2+ hrs late was pretty annoying both times. If it does happen it won't last long Axl and Slash will end up fighting over something. Be good to see them try though breaking up when they did really hurt their overall legacy and robbed the fans of a lot of potentially good albums.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
Lots of fans. I saw them in 1992 during the UYI tour with Faith No More and Metallica. Easily the best show I have ever seen. I would love to see them back together and touring. I'd pay a fair amount to get in the door.. Say up to $300 bucks. Personally I think you need to get the original lineup to really make this work. The only substitutes that I think work are Matt instead of Steven (I would really like to see Steven I think he is a much better drummer), and Gilby Clarke instead of Izzy if he doesn't want to deal with the bullshit. The problem here is if they don't roll the original lineup the chances of getting another album from them is decreased and if we do get an album it won't be as good because the magic really was Izzy, Slash, and Duff with the guitar work, Steven behind the drums and Axl on the lyrics. Obviously Dizzy is going to have to be back for the piano/keyboard stuff but I would not be heartbroken if he wasn't.

That's leads me into the shows. I hope they put the stripped down version of the shows out. They don't need all the production, back up singers, blah blah blah. Some of my favorite shows of theirs from the UYI tour were in 93 when they went back to their roots just playing their asses off without all the added BS to the shows. Busting out the couch and jamming Patience, You're Crazy and a few other tunes. If you folks are not familiar watch their 93 show in Argentina right before the band ended the UYI tour and compare it to the 92 Paris show and you will see what I mean. Both are on Youtube.

I think a lot of people have been waiting a long time for them to get back together and I think the tour would be an unprecedented success if they can keep it rolling. A lot of people have said that GnR is one album and one tour short of supplanting Led Zeppelin as the best Rock Band of all time and I agree with that. It would be awesome if they could pull it off and I would love to experience the magic of GnR live one more time.
The reunion is Axl, Duff and Slash, pretty much. Izzy is still in hiding, but I'd bet he would play a show or two with them as is convenient just like he pops up at GnR, VR and Slash shows on occasion.

As far as the drummer goes: Axl won't play with Sorum and Slash won't play with Adler (and to be fair, Adler isn't reliable enough as a drummer at this point even when he is sober).

Dizzy Reed is sticking around, because of course he is; the greatest hanger on in history.

Gilby Clarke's name is being bandied about and I am fine with him taking Izzy's place. He is a solid player who knows the material.

So, with all that said, I am still pumped.

SickNasty

Now that's a tasty burger.
Lol, this is like hearing Dom Cruz and Khabib are fighting on the same card....I'll believe it when they all walk out.

Hassquatch

Slayer
I only ever got to see the most recent line-up. It was an awesome show and Axl sounded amazing. I recently saw Slash's band and other than Slash, Guns had the overall better performance and show. It really made me want to see Slash and Axl combine their efforts. I wouldn't expect them to be 1988 all over again like I think a lot of the critics will compare them to, but it could kick some major ass. Really wish Izzy would be a part of it but Fortus is just fine in my book. If somehow a new album came of it, Izzy is a must.

All in all I really don't think anything is going to happen in the end. Too much baggage, too many lawyers and managers, and too much ego.
[DOUBLEPOST=1448373554,1448373468][/DOUBLEPOST]
The reunion is Axl, Duff and Slash, pretty much. Izzy is still in hiding, but I'd bet he would play a show or two with them as is convenient just like he pops up at GnR, VR and Slash shows on occasion.

As far as the drummer goes: Axl won't play with Sorum and Slash won't play with Adler (and to be fair, Adler isn't reliable enough as a drummer at this point even when he is sober).

Dizzy Reed is sticking around, because of course he is; the greatest hanger on in history.

Gilby Clarke's name is being bandied about and I am fine with him taking Izzy's place. He is a solid player who knows the material.

Dizzy Reed takes more shit than a sewer plant! lol I'd rather Fortus over Clarke.

helipoison

The Izzy situation is the one that intrigues me the most as he would be instrumental in getting a new album out for the band which is what I am most hoping for. I am not familiar with Fortus as I have not been following what I call Axl's sideshow, but who knows.

I read somewhere a while back Steven said that Duff and Slash wanted nothing to do with him, but I thought that was because he was still using at the time and neither guy wanted to be around him for fear of relapse. They were cool with him playing at the HOF induction so I think there is a small amount of light there to be had. I don't think he is as big of a liability some people do, but I do think they would have to have a back up plan in the event he was unable to continue with the tour.

The one thing I don't agree with people on is the probability of the wheels coming off on this. I also don't believe it is Axl's to blow up. Anyone who has followed the band knows of Axl's ego, control issues, and perfectionism as being a large contributing factor to the break up of the original lineup. Then of course there were his insecurities that caused the 2 and 3 hour delays to start shows.

The delays to starting shows has been put to bed so to speak. From what I understand from people that have been following the band recently is they have been reasonably punctual surprisingly. Axl stated he took a lot of time in therapy working through his issues and many people have attested to this fact. The constant Axl drama related to starting shows or causing crowds to immediately become hostile towards the band then in turn causing more Axl drama was a major contributing factor to the unrest and seeds of discord in the band. I feel the correcting of this issue take out a huge point of fiction between the guys and overall improve the quality of the shows not to mention make the crowd that much more happier. Slash said many years ago he would never play with Axl again without making sure there were contractually enforceable penalties upon Axl if he was consistently non-punctual. I would venture a guess there will be language in the contracts for this purpose.

Ego, Control Issues, and Perfection issues are possibilities but are significantly lessened if they don't put out a new album which is the most likely scenario. I also think a successful tour is the only way Axl walks away from this happy. His ego and perfectionism require that he and his band be the best there is/was/will ever be. Personally I feel what they are able to accomplish on this tour and a potential album are what define the band in terms of all time. Personally I think Led Zeppelin currently owns the title of greatest rock band of all time and the next 4 to 6 spots on the list can be argued for years and still not come up with overwhelming majority of those spots. But not too many people would argue against Guns N Roses being somewhere in the top 5 all time. Because of Axl's desire to be #1 I feel he does more to hold this together, than he does try to rip it off unless the final product is so bad people start hating on the band.

I am so stoked at the possibilities and grow more anxious by the day. I wish they would announce one way or another soon !

Separate subtopic to discuss. Which bands do you think would make for the best opening bands to make this concert out of this world. My only criteria are bands that would realistically be willing and capable to tour with them next year. I was thinking Sebastian Bach or whatever Skid Row is functioning as with a 30 to 45 minute set followed by Alter Bridge on a 45 minute set with a 30 minute side set for Slash/Constirators doing their hits and possibly the best of VR. That gives them 2 hours of warm up leading into... The show usually starts around 7... We go on stage around 9... Get on the bus about 11 sippin a drink and feeling fine.... We've been dancing with.......... You get the idea

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
If this were to happen and I were to get a ticket, I am fine with going to a concert or a riot. It's all about the experience.
[DOUBLEPOST=1448451907,1448450863][/DOUBLEPOST]
Separate subtopic to discuss. Which bands do you think would make for the best opening bands to make this concert out of this world. My only criteria are bands that would realistically be willing and capable to tour with them next year. I was thinking Sebastian Bach or whatever Skid Row is functioning as with a 30 to 45 minute set followed by Alter Bridge on a 45 minute set with a 30 minute side set for Slash/Constirators doing their hits and possibly the best of VR. That gives them 2 hours of warm up leading into... The show usually starts around 7... We go on stage around 9... Get on the bus about 11 sippin a drink and feeling fine.... We've been dancing with.......... You get the idea
I personally would love to see them play with Avenged Sevenfold. I have always said that they are the result of GnR and Iron Maiden having a baby.

Faith No More would obviously be a good choice.

But I really like the Skid Row idea. Bach is such an underrated singer and they were an underrated band. The Cult would be good, too.

Hassquatch

Slayer
They're not going to need an opening band if they continue to do the 3 hour set. But I would like to see Buckcherry open for them.

helipoison

If this were to happen and I were to get a ticket, I am fine with going to a concert or a riot. It's all about the experience.

I personally would love to see them play with Avenged Sevenfold. I have always said that they are the result of GnR and Iron Maiden having a baby.

But I really like the Skid Row idea. Bach is such an underrated singer and they were an underrated band. The Cult would be good, too.
A7 would be a damn good choice. Have they replaced Portnoy yet behind the kit ? I would lose my shit if Syn and Slash did some sort of dueling guitar thing or a collab

I agree with Sebastian being pretty underrated and he is Axl seem to lick each others nuts at every possible turn in the road.

Virtualpurple

Go Team Venture!
I would only buy a ticket if Axl got in shape. Last performance I saw on YouTube was a shitty out-of-breath version of Welcome to the jungle. If that Axl is singing then I want no part of it.

helipoison

cheeseflosser

A7 would be a damn good choice. Have they replaced Portnoy yet behind the kit ? I would lose my shit if Syn and Slash did some sort of dueling guitar thing or a collab

I agree with Sebastian being pretty underrated and he is Axl seem to lick each others nuts at every possible turn in the road.
Wasn't Ilejay there after Portnoy or did Portnoy come back after Ilejay and they parted ways?

Anyway, loved A7X when they still made fun and original music. Hail to the King....well.....we'll see where they go from here.

Shadows said he always dreamed of touring and playing with GNR in their real form. He said it would be the only band he prefers to his own on That Metal Show.

So, in short, that's a dream show.

Hassquatch

Slayer
Sounds like something is happening but there are still no concrete confirmations. Mostly all speculations and educated guesses.

I think the lineup will be:

Axl
Slash
Duff
Fortus
Dizzy
Ferrer
(maybe Pittman)

...with Izzy showing up every now and then.

ChuckBooty 2.0

The downgraded upgrade
Site Donor

Faith No More would obviously be a good choice.

Fuck that. The only band that would work is Steel Panther.

Hassquatch

Slayer
So Axl is listed on ABC's website for Jimmy Kimmel Tuesday Night. Supposed to be addressing the GnR situation. As much as I want a reunion of some sort, I would also love for him to go on say it was all bullshit, Slash is still a cancer, just for the trainwreck appeal lol. Nah, I want to see an awesome line-up tour and make or finish the next GnR album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ax...o-fans-watch-jimmy-kimmel-live-tuesday-night/
[DOUBLEPOST=1452002727,1451929839][/DOUBLEPOST]Axl, Slash, and Duff confirmed for Coachella on their twitters and the GnR website. Axl's appearance on Kimmel was reported cancelled but there's wonder now if the whole band or the 3 of them will all be on it.

helipoison

So Axl is listed on ABC's website for Jimmy Kimmel Tuesday Night. Supposed to be addressing the GnR situation. As much as I want a reunion of some sort, I would also love for him to go on say it was all bullshit, Slash is still a cancer, just for the trainwreck appeal lol. Nah, I want to see an awesome line-up tour and make or finish the next GnR album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ax...o-fans-watch-jimmy-kimmel-live-tuesday-night/
[DOUBLEPOST=1452002727,1451929839][/DOUBLEPOST]Axl, Slash, and Duff confirmed for Coachella on their twitters and the GnR website. Axl's appearance on Kimmel was reported cancelled but there's wonder now if the whole band or the 3 of them will all be on it.
Still no word but TMZ site is saying that Axl, Slash, Duff, and Steven are in LA. No word on Izzy. Taping starts in 20 minutes give or take. We should know soon. This is too big for TMZ not to blow.

Last edited:

Hassquatch

Slayer
So nothing happened on Kimmel I suppose. I stayed up but it didn't seem like anything was happening so I ditched it and went to bed. GnR did submit a press release telling us what we already knew - Axl, Slash, Duff for Coachella...no other line up members mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evolveny
Top Bottom