Greg Hardy vs. Alexander Volkov set as UFC Moscow co main event (1 Viewer)

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Junior dos Santos vs. Alexander Volkov targeted as UFC Moscow main event
A battle of heavyweight sluggers will reportedly headline the upcoming UFC Moscow card as Junior dos Santos will fight Alexander Volkov in a five-round main event.

The Russian news outlet TASS (via MMANytt) first reported the battle between the two heavyweights, which is set to headline a card at CSKA Arena on November 9 in Moscow, Russia.

The UFC has not yet made the bout official.

Dos Santos (21-6) just fought in June when he was knocked out by Francis Ngannou in the main event of UFC Minneapolis. Prior to the loss to Ngannou, JDS had won three straight fights over Derrick Lewis, Tai Tuivasa and Blagoy Ivanov. JDS is now 35 and has not held the heavyweight strap since 2012 when Cain Velasquez took it from him, but he remains one of the most dangerous and respected heavyweights on the UFC roster.

Volkov (30-7) has not competed since October 2018, when he suffered a last-second KO loss to Derrick Lewis at UFC 229. The 30-year-old native of Russia was riding a six-fight win streak prior to the Lewis loss that included four wins to open up his UFC career. Volkov is a former Bellator heavyweight champion but has not held a major MMA title since 2013, when Vitaly Minakov took the title from him.

This battle between dos Santos and Volkov is almost guaranteed to end in a knockout as both men are known for finishing their fights. Dos Santos has finished 16 of his 21 career victories, while Volkov has finished 23 of his 30 career victories. Between the two fighters, they have combined for 35 knockout wins.

This is the first bout that’s been revealed for the UFC Moscow card but you can expect more fights to be announced in the coming weeks and months for what is sure to be a must-watch event.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Junior dos Santos joins Brazil’s ‘Dancing with the Stars’ cast

Junior dos Santos will show off his dancing skills at the upcoming season of “Dança dos Famosos”, the Brazilian version of Dancing with the Stars that airs at Globo’s “Domingão do Faustão” starting Aug. 25, Globo announced Sunday.

“Cigano” is the second MMA fighter to be on the cast of the dancing show in Brazil. His longtime friend and mentor Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, a former UFC and PRIDE heavyweight champion, was on the ninth season of the program in 2012, but didn’t make it to the final.

Fellow MMA fighters Paige VanZant and Chuck Liddell appeared on the original show in the U.S. in the past.

As far his career inside the Octagon, dos Santos recently had his title shot hopes crushed in 71 seconds by Francis Ngannou, losing in the main event of UFC Minneapolis. The former UFC heavyweight champion now holds a 21-6 record with 15 victories under the UFC banner.

1inthechamber

Yea yea yea.... back of the line. That was a stupid fuckin move. I don't want to see that again. There was nothing lucky about capitalizing on such an amateur mistake like that.

Wanted to see jds win but that performance really disappointed and now he wants to say lucky punch and that Ngannou isn't better than him? Come on now. Cain really scrambled his eggs.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Karl Roberson vs. Roman Kopylov Booked for UFC Fight Night 163 in Moscow
Karl Roberson will be going into enemy territory to welcome Roman Kopylov to the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 163 in Moscow, Russia.

The middleweight bout was first revealed by ESPN. UFC Fight Night 163 goes down on Nov. 9 and is scheduled to be headlined by a heavyweight bout between Junior dos Santos and Alexander Volkov.

Roberson is 8-2 as a pro and 3-2 inside the Octagon. He submitted Darren Stewart in his UFC debut in 2017 after earning a contract on the Contender Series. Since then, he has alternated wins and losses with triumphs over Jack Marshamn and Wellington Turman and setbacks to Ceazar Ferreira and Glover Teixeira.

Kopylov, meanwhile, is 8-0 with seven of those wins coming by knockout. He has been competing primarily in Fight Nights Global and last fought in December 2018, earning a fourth-round KO win over Yasubey Enomoto to retain his 185-pound belt.
[DOUBLEPOST=1568121882,1568086150][/DOUBLEPOST]Junior dos Santos meets Alexander Volkov in UFC Moscow main event
A bout between Junior dos Santos and Alexander Volkov is set to headline UFC Moscow on Nov. 9, UFC officials announced Saturday.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1568381203,1568344777][/DOUBLEPOST]Morning Report: Kevin Lee returning to lightweight, eyeing fight with ‘the next Khabib,’ Islam Makhachev
Following a rough stretch of fights, and an even rougher stretch of weigh-ins at 155 pounds, earlier this year Kevin Lee made the move up to welterweight. He didn’t waste any time, taking on former lightweight champion and top contender Raphael dos Anjos. But the move up to welterweight didn’t go as planned and Lee was submitted in the fourth round. Now, it appears that move will be a one-and-done as Lee has his sights set on returning to the division where he once challenged for an interim title.

Speaking with ESPN recently, Lee said that after watching UFC 242 this past weekend he now wants to return to the lightweight division to pursue a fight with champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.

“After looking at that last fight with Khabib, I did an interview before Khabib fought Dustin [Poirier] and said I wasn’t too impressed,” Lee said. “But after seeing the way Khabib handled Dustin, I might want a piece of that cake.

“I like the biggest target I can find. Right now everybody sees Khabib as - I mean, they already kind of saw it before but now I’m even coming around to it - he’s the real challenge out there. He’s the guy who is going to challenge Jon Jones for the pound-for-pound title. That’s the kind of fight that will get me up.”

Lee has always pursued the biggest fights possible and at this point, there may be no bigger fight in the world than against Nurmagomedov. After demolishing interim champion Dustin Poirier this weekend, Khabib is now being thrown into GOAT conversations, is the second-ranked pound-for-pound fighter in the world, and is arguably the second biggest star in the UFC, behind only Conor McGregor. But at the moment, Nurmagomedov has a pretty full dance card as he’s expected to face Tony Ferguson next and is still actively pursuing a fight with former welterweight and middleweight champion Georges St-Pierre, not to mention the looming presence of Conor McGregor. So given all that, Lee has another plan to get himself in the conversation, picking a fight with Nurmagomedov’s friend and training partner Islam Makhachev.

“I hear they’re going to Moscow and I hear Islam might want a fight,” Lee said “Me and Islam on a co-main in Moscow sounds good to me.”

Makhachev is currently the 14th-ranked lightweight in the UFC rankings and has many people calling him the next Khabib because of his gaudy record and fighting style. Even Nurmagomedov himself anointed Makhachev “next champion” during the post-fight press conference at UFC 242. That kind of hype is very appealing for Lee, plus there’s a built in backstory with Lee moving his training to TriStar gym, home of Georges St-Pierre.

“People see him as the next Khabib,” Lee said. “He’s coming up. I’ve kind of always had my eye on him. MMA is a very small circle. We know a lot of the same people. I hear rumblings Islam can fight. I’m like, ‘Oh, he can fight? OK. We’ll see.’ Khabib would probably be in his corner. I’ll be training with Georges [St-Pierre]. There’s talks of trying to make Khabib and Georges happen. There are a lot of little storylines there. Lot of motivation in a fight like that.”

The fight actually makes a lot of sense as Makhachev has been knocking on the door of the elite for some time and Lee still holds a top-10 ranking at lightweight. But the question is, can Lee still make the weight? Lee’s move to welterweight was done in large part because the weight-cut to 155 was too draining on him. But after the move up, now Lee thinks 155 is the best fit for him, in part because of all the drama at the top of the welterweight division with champion Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington not fighting each other and the presence of a new, one-off belt. With all that going on, Lee says he just wants to get back to the business of fighting and for that, lightweight makes the most sense for him.

“I’d be lying to you if I said I didn’t feel like that a little bit,” Lee said when asked if he still felt that he fit into a 165-pound division. “But I think 155 has always been kind of that home for me. It’s where I started. That’s the title I first wanted. I said, ‘OK, I’ll bounce up to 170.’ It made more sense. I could be healthier and show up to fight more, but I didn’t factor these guys don’t want to fight at 170. There’s a whole lot of muddiness that happened at 170. Kamaru doesn’t want to fight Colby and now they’re making some other weird title that’s going on. It’s a lot to throw into the mix, and for me, I just want to get back to my winning ways. I just want to fight.”

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Reports: Junior dos Santos out of UFC on ESPN+ 21 main event with Alexander Volkov

Junior Dos Santos is out of his UFC on ESPN+ 21 main event withAlexander Volkov, according to reports.

Dos Santos, the former UFC heavyweight champion, was set to face off against Volkov on Nov. 9 at CSKA Arena in Moscow, but the Brazilian is now out of the event. RT Sport’s Denis Geyko first reported the news via Twitter.

A subsequent report from MMA Fighting stated that Dos Santos has been hospitalized and receiving treatment for a bacterial infection in his leg for over a week. He’s had two separate procedures done to flush out the infected area.

MMA Junkie has reached out to the UFC for official confirmation but has yet to receive a response. It’s unknown at this time if a replacement is being sought, although RT Sport reported Francis Ngannou as a possibility.

Dos Santos was looking to capture his fourth win in his last five outings. Russia’s Volkov is targeting victory in what will be his first UFC appearance since October 2018 at UFC 229, when he wasknocked out by Derrick Lewis in dramatic fashion.
[DOUBLEPOST=1571776674,1571753263][/DOUBLEPOST]Greg Hardy set to fight Alexander Volkov in UFC on ESPN+ 21 co-headliner on 18 days' notice

Who’s ready for Greg Hardy to take a step up in competition? Greg Hardy is apparently – and on short notice, in enemy territory.

Hardy, coming off a controversial no contest this past weekend, has decided to fill in on 18 days’ notice for the injured Junior Dos Santos. Hardy will fight Alexander Volkov on Nov. 9 in the UFC on ESPN+ 21 co-main event.

Dos Santos vs. Volkov previously had been booked as the headliner. Instead, the featherweight fight between Zabit Magomedsharipov and Calvin Kattar has been elevated as the headliner but will remain scheduled for three rounds.

A UFC official confirmed the news to MMA Junkie following an initial report by ESPN.
Whose ready for some good ol fashioned murder death kill?

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
If this were anybody else, I might suggest that they were being a tad irresponsible giving somebody with such minimal, almost novice experience against low-level competition and no outside combat sports bonafides, a massive bump up against somebody like Volkov, who is a proven goddamn killer.

If this was anybody else...

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Even with a slim chance to win this fight.. fuck rewarding Greg Hardy for that inhaler bullshit.

A no contest is the final result? No USADA intervention or suspension for using a banned substance mid fight?
[DOUBLEPOST=1571796758,1571796183][/DOUBLEPOST]And it seems they had other more credible offers:

[DOUBLEPOST=1571796894][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1571837206][/DOUBLEPOST]

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
[DOUBLEPOST=1571858316,1571840476][/DOUBLEPOST]Greg Hardy: If Derrick ‘Pillow Hands’ Lewis can knockout Alexander Volkov, then so can I

With Junior dos Santos injured, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has called on Greg Hardy to jump in on short notice to fight No. 7-ranked Alexander Volkov in the upcoming UFC Moscow co-main event on Sat., Nov. 9, 2019 inside CSKA Arena in Moscow, Russia.

It’s a major (and overdue) step up in competition for the “Prince of War,” who somehow managed to rack up one disqualification and one “no contest” in just four trips to the Octagon. That said, Hardy isn’t going to turn down an opportunity to be a company man.

“The UFC always has my back,” Hardy told TMZ. “They took a gamble on me, you know what I mean? They let me in the door. So if they need somebody to fill in, then for sure, I’m about to go knock the guy out. And the last one, soft Derrick Lewis knocked this dude out. If ‘pillow hands’ Lewis can do it, for sure I feel like I can go in there and compete and knock this guy out. And he’s a monster, too.”

Volkov (30-7) hasn’t competed since a stunning knockout loss to Lewis at UFC 229 back in October 2018, which snapped the Russian’s six-fight winning streak. “Drago” holds notable victories over Fabricio Werdum and Roy Nelson, among others.

As for Hardy (5-1), he’s been fed a steady diet of tomato cans and also-rans. His natural athleticism — good enough to earn him a spot in the NFL — coupled with his heavy hands has made him a formidable prospect in the weakened heavyweight division.

Perhaps a victory in Moscow earns him a shot against the “Black Beast.”

Here are the NSFW pics of Junior dos Santos and his infected leg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties