Gi Revew Thread (1 Viewer)

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
I am looking for a black gi because that is our gyms main color and I look terrible in white, lol. I checked their black gis, but they were all sold out of my size. Also do you recommend buying top and bottoms separate for someone like me? I am a bigger guy, but I am short for a A5 or A6 gi. Those gis are meant for guys well over 6 foot tall but I am only 5'10.

bradlabo

In Half Guard I Trust
I am looking for a black gi because that is our gyms main color and I look terrible in white, lol. I checked their black gis, but they were all sold out of my size. Also do you recommend buying top and bottoms separate for someone like me? I am a bigger guy, but I am short for a A5 or A6 gi. Those gis are meant for guys well over 6 foot tall but I am only 5'10.
Yes if it is an option get whatever will be most comfortable. You can always hem long pants but then the extra material in the knee area will be more on your shin.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Yes if it is an option get whatever will be most comfortable. You can always hem long pants but then the extra material in the knee area will be more on your shin.
Is it worth the extra money to buy a nice gi when you are just learning? I saw some really nice ones that look like they are more comfortable than the "value" gis. But I am not sure if it is much different.

bradlabo

In Half Guard I Trust
Is it worth the extra money to buy a nice gi when you are just learning? I saw some really nice ones that look like they are more comfortable than the "value" gis. But I am not sure if it is much different.
93 brand is a comfy gi. I have a mixture of expensive gis and cheap ones. I keep 2 expensive ones for comp purely. And my other ones are strictly training. I just bought one for $70 from the same company that makes Shoyoroll. It is just a blank gi.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
93 brand is a comfy gi. I have a mixture of expensive gis and cheap ones. I keep 2 expensive ones for comp purely. And my other ones are strictly training. I just bought one for $70 from the same company that makes Shoyoroll. It is just a blank gi.
What company is that? Lol.
[DOUBLEPOST=1552070309,1552015419][/DOUBLEPOST]@Palma @Amlap who do you recommend for short fat guys like myself?

bradlabo

In Half Guard I Trust
What company is that? Lol.
[DOUBLEPOST=1552070309,1552015419][/DOUBLEPOST]@Palma @Amlap who do you recommend for short fat guys like myself?
I actually do not know. I train with Ricardo "baleia" Amendolia. (He does commentary for flo and commentates ADCC) anyways, i tjink he gave a girl at my gym some contact for it and she does orders from time to time. Can't beat $70cdn for a gi.
[DOUBLEPOST=1552079018][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Killer Bee does some great custom gis. I bought one a few years ago and it held up for quite awhile.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
I actually do not know. I train with Ricardo "baleia" Amendolia. (He does commentary for flo and commentates ADCC) anyways, i tjink he gave a girl at my gym some contact for it and she does orders from time to time. Can't beat $70cdn for a gi.
[DOUBLEPOST=1552079018][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Killer Bee does some great custom gis. I bought one a few years ago and it held up for quite awhile.
You sir are the man. This is exactly what I need.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
So it looks like I have no choice but to pony up the big bucks and get a fully custom gi due to my body type. I am just too fat for my height so it is impossible to find anything in my size. I am currently working with rollbliss.com to get my gi made. The best part is, I am working with the person who is going to make my gi so we will be in constant communication to make sure I get the perfect fit. I am excited, I just wish I could get a cheap gi like I got my son, lol.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
So it looks like I have no choice but to pony up the big bucks and get a fully custom gi due to my body type. I am just too fat for my height so it is impossible to find anything in my size. I am currently working with rollbliss.com to get my gi made. The best part is, I am working with the person who is going to make my gi so we will be in constant communication to make sure I get the perfect fit. I am excited, I just wish I could get a cheap gi like I got my son, lol.
I think you're going to love your custom gi and be glad you got it despite the cost.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
My gi should be here on Friday. I have already seen the final product, now I can't wait to try it on.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
god damn that looks sweet though. Do you like it?
The pants fit great. The top, not so much. It is a bit snug for my liking. Plus they didn't send me a belt and what I spent on this gi, they should have given me a belt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel