Georgia Senate Runoffs and Beyond

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
My only thought is how will the Dems fuck this up, they need to give DC representation, which give the Dems 2 more senate seats, expand seats in heavy urbun districts, and if they really had balls expand scotus by 3 judges.

Clark Kent

It was all rigged fraud shenanigans

if they keep some of their promises I think in 2 years they might even gain a bigger majority

chrisc

Ninja
My only thought is how will the Dems fuck this up, they need to give DC representation, which give the Dems 2 more senate seats, expand seats in heavy urbun districts, and if they really had balls expand scotus by 3 judges.
Why expand scotus?

@Nebraska any chance of sharing that podcast? I feel like it’s probably a pretty good listen

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
Why expand scotus?

@Nebraska any chance of sharing that podcast? I feel like it’s probably a pretty good listen
Obvious scotus will be conservative for the next30 years meaning roe v wade, gay rights, consumer rights unions will be constantly under attack and one ruling away from Rights being taken away. 30 years of right wing religious ruling, I like my justices not to religious zealots your mileage may vary

Ct_L33T

Obvious scotus will be conservative for the next30 years meaning roe v wade, gay rights, consumer rights unions will be constantly under attack and one ruling away from Rights being taken away. 30 years of right wing religious ruling, I like my justices not to religious zealots your mileage may vary
They aren't yours, you're Canadian. Adding justices would be political chaos.

chrisc

Ninja
What if it was a majority liberal? Would you be okay with conservatives adding more?

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
They aren't yours, you're Canadian. Adding justices would be political chaos.
i said i like my justices that is includes my country but i would include all countries in my statement. ever heard of a "too liberal" Iranian justice system. the world is never hurt by having to liberal of a justice system.
Post automatically merged:

What if it was a majority liberal? Would you be okay with conservatives adding more?
ideally no judges should have any party affiliation, they shouldn't be left or right, barring that the court should be made up of equal judges from the left and right, no one ideology should have more power.
But the biggest problem is that Trump appointed 3 justices but lost the popular vote.

Last edited:

chrisc

Ninja
i said i like my justices that is includes my country but i would include all countries in my statement. ever heard of a "too liberal" Iranian justice system. the world is never hurt by having to liberal of a justice system.
Post automatically merged:

ideally no judges should have any party affiliation, they shouldn't be left or right, barring that the court should be made up of equal judges from the left and right, no one ideology should have more power.
But the biggest problem is that Trump appointed 3 justices but lost the popular vote.
You didn’t answer the question so I’ll assume the answer is no.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
There's a book called Will of the People that I've been meaning to read. Law prof at NYU wrote it and I think the idea is that you have to understand the Supreme Court, not as a group of nine people, but as the larger institution of all policies that effect it, including those that allow court packing. I think he also argues that this broader system has been critical in maintaining the will of the people.

I might be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayphatty
Top Bottom