Four Minneapolis officers are fired after video shows one kneeling on neck of black man who later died

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I was a sped teacher and former member of the military. I hated when my little morning class would have to say the pledge. Kids with right hand in their pockets and left hand over their hearts. Would really ramp up my ocd. I’d just look away and pretend I was the only one in the room. Hated the morning pledge.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I stopped standing for the pledge in 8th grade. I objected to the "under god" bit. To me that constituted forced prayer and I had objections to being forced to swear my allegiance to the nation when I never performed any action to the contrary. I recognized early on that the pledge was teaching us obedience and so I decided to test the limits of my right to object.

After being bullied, chastised, and sanctioned by teachers and administrators they just gave up, and created an exception whereby I was allowed to not stand for the pledge (like they were the ones deciding that). No one ever joined me. No one else ever seemed to care. Everyone else did as they were told.

No sympathy for the majority.

Last edited:

Bran

The wolf dead.
I remember one or two kids would remain seated for the pledge. Can't remember whom or why, though. And I want to say that some of the other kids gave them shit for it, probably including myself, but I don't remember that for a fact. I think we stopped doing the pledge sometime between 6-8th grade anyway. 9/11 was freshman year for me, and I don't remember the pledge ever coming up in high school.
Post automatically merged:

I stopped standing for the pledge in 8th grade. I objected to the "under god" bit. To me that constituted forced prayer and I had objections to being forced to swear my allegiance to the nation when I never performed any action to the contrary. I recognized early on that the pledge was teaching us obedience and so I decided to test the limits of my right to object.

After being bullied, chastised, and sanction by teachers and administrators they just gave up, and created an exception whereby I was allowed to not stand for the pledge (like they were the ones deciding that). No one ever joined me. No one else ever seemed to care. Everyone else did as they were told.

No sympathy for the majority.
A young Colin Kaeperninja

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I never got on to anybody for not doing it correctly. I just modeled what they wanted, with my eyes twitching. Had a class for a few years for kids that were nonverbal. One kid was Jehovah Witness and his mom was always concerned we were making him do the pledge.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor

Poindexter

Staff member
What do you know?

In the wake of protests following the May 25 killing of George Floyd, a member of the “Boogaloo Bois” opened fire on Minneapolis Police Third Precinct with an AK-47-style gun and screamed “Justice for Floyd” as he ran away, according to a federal complaint made public Friday.

A sworn affidavit by the FBI underlying the complaint reveals new details about a far-right anti-government group’s coordinated role in the violencethat roiled through civil unrest over Floyd’s death while in police custody.

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a 26-year-old from Boerne, Texas, is charged with one count of interstate travel to incite a riot for his alleged role in ramping up violence during the protests in Minneapolis on May 27 and 28. According to charges, Hunter, wearing a skull mask and tactical gear, shot 13 rounds at the south Minneapolis police headquarters while people were inside. He also looted and helped set the building ablaze, according to the complaint, which was filed Monday under seal.

Poindexter

Staff member
Texas member of Boogaloo Bois charged with opening fire on Minneapolis police precinct during protests over George Floyd
Feds say Texas adherent of far-right group fired on precinct building, conspired with cop killer to ignite civil war.

Strange. I see the same post a few posts above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom