Four Minneapolis officers are fired after video shows one kneeling on neck of black man who later died (1 Viewer)

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
I've been watching a lot of Law and Order: SVU so I'm basically a law expert now, let me explain.

This is a high profile case already, the upcoming trial will be an absolute circus. The DA needs to make sure they have all their bases covered so there are no surprised and their case is air tight, so they don't blow the case in front of the whole world.

Also, Stabler is probably beating someone so that takes time.

Did that help?
Not one bit, but I appreciate the effort.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Third degree murder. I don't know how Minnesota details their degrees of murder but since 1st degree is premeditated and 2nd degree is not premeditated but still willful killing another person, I would imagine third degree would be in lines of negligence and the man died, like manslaughter here in NC or he didn't mean to kill him but he still died. I had the livestream going and a customer interrupted me. When I got back to my desk, the livestream cut out.

EDIT:

They also charged him with manslaughter. Sounds like they're stacking charges so if in court it seems one or the other doesn't stick, they'll have one to fall back on so he doesn't just go free.
Post automatically merged:

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.
They're never going to convict on third degree murder if they have to prove he acted with a depraved mind. Any defense lawyer that collects a check is going to be able to have that charge dropped. That explains why they charged him with manslaughter too. That third degree charge is likely to try to quell the public (hey we charged him with murder, relax). It's political bullshit. Manslaughter is going to end up his conviction and that's pretty open and shut. He may even plead guilty.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
So call me crazy, but I feel like... If you don't like how a private company is providing their free non essential service..... Then don't fucking use it. It's fucking Twitter. Make your own Twitter, call it dwitter. Make an app for your zeolites to down load that can share your unfiltered stream of consciousness.

This really isn't the thread for that comment, sorry. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Last edited:

Ct_L33T

So call me crazy, but I feel like... If you don't like how a private company is providing their free non essential service..... Then don't fucking use it. It's fucking Twitter. Make your own Twitter, call it dwitter. Make an app for your zeolites to down load that can share your unfiltered stream of consciousness.

This really isn't the thread for that comment, sorry. I just needed to get that off my chest.
Agreed, but isn't Twitter a publicly traded company?

Ct_L33T

did they really? the medical examiner must be fired, America really needs a separation of police and prosecutes from judges and medical officials, we really need a separate agency that oversees and can challenge the police and prosecutors.
The "Official" report basically stated that Mr. Floyd was the cause of his own death. I don't see any officers involved getting more than 5 years of actual prison time, it's a repetitive cycle.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
The "Official" report basically stated that Mr. Floyd was the cause of his own death. I don't see any officers involved getting more than 5 years of actual prison time, it's a repetitive cycle.
if biden wins in nov i can see a fed case being brought up against him, if he gets off in Minnesota he wont in a fed case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

No members online now.

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties