Fedor vs. Carwin?

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I love Fedor but if Fabio rocked him imagine what Carwin does.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
There are too many question marks surrounding carwin for me to count Fedor out completely.

Prime Fedor would've wrecked a prime carwin but both men are far removed from their primes. A win here does little to boost Fedor after his last fight either. Carwin hasn't fought in years.

Pashak

If Fedor decides to box with him then it is very possible that he will get KOd. But if he fights smart and takes the fight to the ground he will most likely submit him.
If fucking Lesnar was able to submit him Fedor would obviously do it as well.

Dangerous fight, but a very winnable one for Fedor if he uses the right game plan.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
If Fedor decides to box with him then it is very possible that he will get KOd. But if he fights smart and takes the fight to the ground he will most likely submit him.
If fucking Lesnar was able to submit him Fedor would obviously do it as well.

Dangerous fight, but a very winnable one for Fedor if he uses the right game plan.
Pashak- Lesnar was able to submit him because Carwin blew his wad. No way Lesnar subs a fresh Carwin. I'd love to see Fedor's chin hold up and I'd love to see Fedor submit him but I think in 2016-7...not sure but I don't think a Fedor gameplan of getting Carwin down is feasible. I'd love to be wrong.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Ugh, I cringe at the thought of Fedor losing to Carwin.

We really dont know what to expect with Carwin. I think in Japan (and I think it would be fair to assume, using some form of PEDS), Carwin will be a beast for the first round and then much more vulnerable with each subsequent round. If Fedor would weather the storm of that first round, I could see him getting Carwin down for a sub.

Last edited:

Fe1

4 Division Champ
I'll be surprised if this fight happens but if it does I don't like Fedor's odds. Carwin is just too damn big and hits too damn hard. I honestly see it being a repeat of the Bigfoot fight.

Pashak

Carwin may be very big and hits hard but we have not seen him in action in about 4 years. The "fight" he had with that skateboarder means nothing.
We don't know how hard Carwin has been training, we don't know if his power or speed has got worse during those years, we have to see to figure it out.

Fedor is obviously not the same fighter he was 10 years ago, but at least he has been active. And even though he probably had one of his worst performances ever against Maldonado, we see that he still has speed, power and heart.
I would definitely not count him out against Carwin whose only advantage I see is physical strenght.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider 🇯🇲 🇯🇲 🇯🇲 🇯🇲
Carwin has always had, while very basic, a very sharp boxing game to go with his ridiculous power though.

The one thing that always kind of irks me about the Fedor hate is, I am not pointing fingers at anyone on here but, for all the talk of the "cans" he's fought no one on the side of this argument seems to mention or care that Fedor has always been undersized for the division and mostly fighting guys bigger than himself. I don't like his chances against a 265 geared up HW like Carwin.

That being said, Carwin still has to survive the initial onslaught.. Fedor to this day (only really contended by Carwin) has one of the most powerful, high enduranced outputs of any fighter there is. It is incredible the amount of punches, and the speed Fedor is always to produce even at his age now.

One difference between Carwin and Maldonado though, while Carwin certainly is a better fighter.. Maldonado is a long time boxer.. He for sure knows how to roll with punches and might be more equipped to survive Fedor's bursts and counter because of it. Also have to wonder if Carwin will have the gas tank to last if he doesn't out Fedor early.

I personally don't like Fedor's chances, I think all it takes is for Carwin to throw an uppercut in the line of fire to end the night, but I think there's still openings for an upset here especially if Fedor tries to take the fight to the ground.

Hassquatch

Slayer
Carwin may be very big and hits hard but we have not seen him in action in about 4 years. The "fight" he had with that skateboarder means nothing.
We don't know how hard Carwin has been training, we don't know if his power or speed has got worse during those years, we have to see to figure it out.

Fedor is obviously not the same fighter he was 10 years ago, but at least he has been active. And even though he probably had one of his worst performances ever against Maldonado, we see that he still has speed, power and heart.
I would definitely not count him out against Carwin whose only advantage I see is physical strenght.
Fedor's power and speed are unfortunately greatly diminished from his prime. In his old age, the big guys are likely too much from him. In his younger days, it didn't matter, he'd blast them and then submit them while they were figuring out what the fuck just hit them. That said, Carwin did look bloated and he never had a good gas tank compared to guys smaller than him. But I don't see how Fedor can take too many shots from him. Fedor would need to use all the speed he has left and avoid the clinch at all costs.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
It would be a sad day for MMA to watch Carwin manhandle Fedor. That's what I think would happen. Carwin is a behemoth with great power and great wrestling.
Don't forget Carwin was an NCAA DIV. II wrestling champion.

Now Fedor has a definite chance to win. He has better cardio, better subs and good power and speed striking.

I just think Carwin with his size advantage could bulldoze Fedor up against the cage and pound him out.

I don't want to see that happen, but I would watch, I try to never miss a Fedor fight.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider 🇯🇲 🇯🇲 🇯🇲 🇯🇲
We could potentially see Carwin vs CC? Nice

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Shane Carwin ends retirement, makes RIZIN debut in open-weight tourney
The opening round of the tournament was held on Sept. 25 in Saitama. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Valentin Moldavsky, Amir Aliakbari, Jiri Prochazka, Szymon Bzor, and Baruto all won first-round bouts. Filopvic will be matched up with Wanderlei Silva, who had a first-round bye, on the 29th. The remaining competitors will be matched up at a time to be determined.

The quarterfinal fights will be held on the 29th, with the semifinals and finals being contested two nights later, also in Saitama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james101
Top Bottom