F*cking Jon Jones [Update: Retires...Kind Of]

rivethead

Neg'd 4 Lyfe
QTF on both points.

But

unless homeboy's wearing low pumps, how is he listed as fighting at 6'4" in the UFC's stats?

My faith in the NM law enforcement community makes has me convinced low-heeled pumps would have made it into at least one of the two police reports on this arrest.

rh
Still haven't gotten an answer as to how he's listed at 6'4 in the UFC.

rh

thumper

Staff member
Wow, I just found out that Jones was ranked and touts wrestling skill in college. But it's a Junior College. He's ranked in NJCAA

I didn't know that? Did everyone else?

Also, why would the UFC post him 2 inches shorter? wouldn't being 6'6 make him even more monstery?

Noise

Ruido
Wouldn't surprise me if it's the booking backdrop that's off (or a combination of him wearing shoes and it/the camera being off), to be perfectly honest. The amount of coordination/incompetence it would take for every athletic commission to have the stat wrong wouldn't make sense.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Wow, I just found out that Jones was ranked and touts wrestling skill in college. But it's a Junior College. He's ranked in NJCAA

I didn't know that? Did everyone else?

Also, why would the UFC post him 2 inches shorter? wouldn't being 6'6 make him even more monstery?
Kos was as well. Lesnar went from a juco to Minnesota.

It's obviously not the same as wrestling for Penn State or anything, but it's still impressive imo.

thumper

Staff member
Kos was as well. Lesnar went from a juco to Minnesota.

It's obviously not the same as wrestling for Penn State or anything, but it's still impressive imo.
yeah but lesnar was a beast in the ncaa his credentials are way legit. Kos was also NCAA. the way they talked about jones wrestlingetc made it appear they were all NCAA wrestlers. I just never realized
that Jones didn't wrestle NCAA. he never went past Iowa Central Community College wrestling NJCAA

I also read that he's in the wrestling hall of fame on his wikipedia page but it's a link to an archive page that has nothing about him in it, and I don't see him anywhere else.

Just surprised me how good a wrestler he is with never going further than that. then again, GSP didn't wrestle at all until MMA if I remember right

Last edited:

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Jon Jones laments being 'ripped off' by UFC, warns young fighters against pay structure
In his latest rant, Jones said he feels like a fool thinking about how he was ripped off early in his career while he established his dominant run as champion by taking out some of the biggest names in the sport’s history.

“When I was in my prime, the UFC’s way of not paying me was telling me I wasn’t a star,” Jones wrote. “Had me grateful for a new car meanwhile making tens of millions without my knowing.

“(UFC) impressed a young kid with a Bentley to fight Lyoto Machida while they collected millions.”

Even as Jones looked at the past, he made it clear he’s only looking for things to change now and moving forward with his career.

“I’m not even asking for backpay for ripping me off throughout my entire 20’s, just (want) to be treated fair moving forward,” Jones wrote. “Advice (to) you young fighters: If you’re hot right now, get paid. As much as the UFC is building your brand, you are building (theirs). If you think your biggest paydays will come after being with the company for a while, you are wrong.”

“I fought mega fight after mega fight throughout my early 20s for under 2 million a fight,” Jones continued, clarifying that some paydays eclipsed $2 million. “Who knows what I’m actually owed, makes me feel like a fool even thinking about it.”
https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1270066645411586051?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

SandyWH

CHAOS KREATOR
Make no mistake, Bones wants us to believe that he's getting paid only what is reported on the commission fighter pay releases.
Just like he wants us to believe that guys like Wilder & Fury are making the $50M that is being reported. Truth is, both of those numbers are ridiculously unreliable.

Bones' issue is he somehow thinks he's entitled to $10M+ per fight. But reality is he shouldn't even be fighting now, then, or in the future. No one in the history of forever has been so apologized for and coddled and allowed to get away with as much. He should thank UFC for every dollar he's ever made or will make.

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
He wouldn’t need to go back to college if he would just chill for a bit. He and McGregor need a life coach. What’s Chuck Norris up to?
Like me 99 % of his problems would likely disappear if he quit drinking.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
He wouldn’t need to go back to college if he would just chill for a bit. He and McGregor need a life coach. What’s Chuck Norris up to?
Like me 99 % of his problems would likely disappear if he quit drinking.
He would still have his biggest problem even if he quit drinking.

Every morning when he looked in the mirror he would still see an insecure little boy.

Spoon

There is no Spoon
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
He would still have his biggest problem even if he quit drinking.

Every morning when he looked in the mirror he would still see an insecure little boy.
And then he'll either pop for high levels of THC for each fight (from "needing" to smoke the night before his fights, for "anxiety" reasons), or he'll go back to lifting with his power lifting buddies, and pop for more Picograms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail

Coming up

Top Bottom