Election 2020 (3 Viewers)

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Mind-numbing stupidity. That is not a meme. That is someone’s actual Snapchat that was stolen and circulated throughout far-right factions on the internet. You are as grotesque as you are hypocritical.

Except for this one small problem — Jorgensen/Cohen is not a 3rd party coalition. They are crackpots masquerading as a harmless alternative to mainstream policies. The message that a vote for them sends is: “I don’t care about anyone else’s problems and neither should the federal government.”
I think, like all political groups, libertarians have extreme and moderate members. I do think there are plenty of libertarian and libertarian-leaning people who want smaller government but not to get rid of it. That said, JoJo goes too far. Saying you wouldn't close the economy is reckless as shit.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
I would have voted for Bernie due to his consistency in his politics but I am not for Medicare for all. I would have voted for Yang for sure. He is forward thinking and he is the only candidate that didn't attack Trump, from what I remember, which shows to me he would be able to work across the isle and not let politics get in the way of doing what is right for the country.
Libertarians are not for no government, they are for limited FEDERAL government. They believe in local government and they believe that local communities govern themselves better than the federal government could. Not sure you know this but the states already control things like unemployment. That has nothing to do with the federal government. As far as medical goes, Jo Jorgensen doesn't want "free healthcare" because free healthcare is crap. She wants there to be competition and to end patents that stop companies from developing life essential items such as epipens and insulin so that they can actually be affordable.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 4999
Ignoring the low-hanging fruit of adolescent misogyny, the suggestion that Andrew Yang’s lack of criticism of an authoritarian imbecile is a sign of potential bipartisanship rather than a giant red flag is patently absurd. This is yet another sign of your abject stupidity, especially given the fact that Joe Biden’s bipartisan record scored in the 81st percentile during his Senate career, which, in an unfortunate blow to your aneurysm-inducing logic, was a constant subject of criticism against his candidacy throughout the primary.

Also, we have experienced first-hand the Libertarian approach to the pandemic. From Trump on down, the buck was passed to the state governments and local communities to deal with it as they see fit. On behalf of the 5,023,649 confirmed cases and 161,842 deaths: NO. FUCKING. THANK YOU.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
Ignoring the low-hanging fruit of adolescent misogyny, the suggestion that Andrew Yang’s lack of criticism of an authoritarian imbecile is a sign of potential bipartisanship rather than a giant red flag is patently absurd. This is yet another sign of your abject stupidity, especially given the fact that Joe Biden’s bipartisan record scored in the 81st percentile during his Senate career, which, in an unfortunate blow to your aneurysm-inducing logic, was a constant subject of criticism against his candidacy throughout the primary.

Also, we have experienced first-hand the Libertarian approach to the pandemic. From Trump on down, the buck was passed to the state governments and local communities to deal with it as they see fit. On behalf of the 5,023,649 confirmed cases and 161,842 deaths: NO. FUCKING. THANK YOU.
Wait til the kids start dying and the mental gymnastics that justify it.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor

I'm sure good American Christians are going to be more than willing to open up their homes to the forthcoming influx of homeless Americans. That great spirit of American charity.. that left so many people with no life line whatsoever.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
I think, like all political groups, libertarians have extreme and moderate members. I do think there are plenty of libertarian and libertarian-leaning people who want smaller government but not to get rid of it. That said, JoJo goes too far. Saying you wouldn't close the economy is reckless as shit.
Here's what she said:
"However, she has been outspoken about the the U.S. response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In an interview with NPR, the candidate explained why she was critical of the federal response.

“The Libertarian administration first wouldn’t have put everybody under house arrest,” Jorgensen told Scott Simon, host of Weekend Edition Saturday. “We believe in individual freedom and that people should be able to go about their lives as they choose.”

While the NPR host argued several governors and mayors wouldn’t consider their stay-at-home orders a “house arrest,” Jorgensen said it “felt like it” to the people staying at home.

Although it would be considered wise to stay home amid a pandemic, the candidate said, the government shouldn’t mandate it. Rather, it should be an individual choice.

“In fact, when they did a survey […] maybe about a month ago and they asked people, should we be opening up the economy, something like 60 to 80% of the people said no, it’s too soon,” Jorgensen said. “That just shows that people have enough common sense to stay at home without the government telling them to.”

Jorgensen also opposed the federal stimulus checks sent out to Americans, arguing most of the money goes toward large corporations rather than everyday people who need it.

Instead, the government shouldn’t have shut the economy — which led to mass unemployment, she said.

“So this is typical where the government breaks your leg and then thinks that you should be grateful that you’re getting a crutch from them,” Jorgensen said. “If the government doesn’t break your leg to begin with, you don’t need the crutch.”
She didn't say she was anti mask or that people shouldn't wear them. She just said the economy should not be shut down. There would have also been more testing if she were president because she would have lifted restrictions on testing for covid-19 which would have allowed everyone to get tested. The reason everything was shut down because no one could get tested so they had everyone stay home to self quarantine. And if she had to do a stimulus, she wouldn't use it to bail out corporations, she would make sure it goes to the people.

Trodden

A terrible human being
the idea of this country being a 'christian nation' is laughable

im sure if jesus came back he'd kill em all with his super powers

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
After an hour long conversation with my mom about banks, mortgages, and everything i am going to have to do to keep a roof over my families head while we face our own "Trump eviction" crisis she said to me, "I think everything would run better if someone else was in office." It took their son and grandchildren being on the precipice of homelessness to finally start seeing the truth about the orange goon.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
Survival Pool Champion
Kamala Harris: Listen to scientists

Dimson: Listen to James Woods

My first thought was that it was a play on “MRF” from Arrested Development. I even said “Mister E...”
i think woods is referencing when harris used to work for brown and they were fucking, basically he saying if she had a mask on she wouldn't have been able to suck browns dick and get where she got. he is right, woods is a tard and harris is also shit.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
After an hour long conversation with my mom about banks, mortgages, and everything i am going to have to do to keep a roof over my families head while we face our own "Trump eviction" crisis she said to me, "I think everything would run better if someone else was in office." It took their son and grandchildren being on the precipice of homelessness to finally start seeing the truth about the orange goon.

i think woods is referencing when harris used to work for brown and they were fucking, basically he saying if she had a mask on she wouldn't have been able to suck browns dick and get where she got. he is right, woods is a tard and harris is also shit.
That is exactly it. He doesn't think she would be where she is had she not dated Brown.

SickNasty

Now that's a tasty burger.
Here's what she said:
"However, she has been outspoken about the the U.S. response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In an interview with NPR, the candidate explained why she was critical of the federal response.

“The Libertarian administration first wouldn’t have put everybody under house arrest,” Jorgensen told Scott Simon, host of Weekend Edition Saturday. “We believe in individual freedom and that people should be able to go about their lives as they choose.”

While the NPR host argued several governors and mayors wouldn’t consider their stay-at-home orders a “house arrest,” Jorgensen said it “felt like it” to the people staying at home.

Although it would be considered wise to stay home amid a pandemic, the candidate said, the government shouldn’t mandate it. Rather, it should be an individual choice.

“In fact, when they did a survey […] maybe about a month ago and they asked people, should we be opening up the economy, something like 60 to 80% of the people said no, it’s too soon,” Jorgensen said. “That just shows that people have enough common sense to stay at home without the government telling them to.”

Jorgensen also opposed the federal stimulus checks sent out to Americans, arguing most of the money goes toward large corporations rather than everyday people who need it.

Instead, the government shouldn’t have shut the economy — which led to mass unemployment, she said.

“So this is typical where the government breaks your leg and then thinks that you should be grateful that you’re getting a crutch from them,” Jorgensen said. “If the government doesn’t break your leg to begin with, you don’t need the crutch.”
She didn't say she was anti mask or that people shouldn't wear them. She just said the economy should not be shut down. There would have also been more testing if she were president because she would have lifted restrictions on testing for covid-19 which would have allowed everyone to get tested. The reason everything was shut down because no one could get tested so they had everyone stay home to self quarantine. And if she had to do a stimulus, she wouldn't use it to bail out corporations, she would make sure it goes to the people.
If the gov't didn't shut down non essential business and made it "everyone's choice" to self quarantine then we would have way more death, which could have made the economy WORSE THAN IT ALREADY IS.

Do you value life or money more?

Do you really care about the well being of your fellow American or do you just care about you and yours?

Calling stay at home orders "house arrest" is fucking ridiculous and clearly exaggeratory language used to specifically rile up the stupid.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
If the gov't didn't shut down non essential business and made it "everyone's choice" to self quarantine then we would have way more death, which could have made the economy WORSE THAN IT ALREADY IS.

Do you value life or money more?

Calling stay at home orders "house arrest" is fucking ridiculous and clearly exaggeratory language used to specifically rile up the stupid.
It is house arrest when you are forced to stay home and not allowed to go out and make a living. I was lucky, my job was considered essential. Nor everyone was that lucky thanks to the shut down.

SickNasty

Now that's a tasty burger.
It is house arrest when you are forced to stay home and not allowed to go out and make a living. I was lucky, my job was considered essential. Nor everyone was that lucky thanks to the shut down.
I see how you completely ignored the point about leaving the economy open would result in more deaths which could be actually worse than it is now. It's also telling that you avoided the two questions I posted and focused on calling something that isn't house arrest house arrest.

House arrest limits your movement from your home with only being able to go out during specific hours (depending on jurisdiction) and in most cases you have to pay for the ankle monitor and the cost of maintaining that monitor.

Stay at home orders allow you to still go out for essentials, whenever you want/need at all hours.

Calling them the same thing is fucking stupid and lazy.

Now, can you honestly, realistically address the other points?

Do you not recognize that leaving the economy totally open during a global pandemic could, and most likely would, lead to more deaths that could, and most likely would, have a worse effect on the economy than what we have today?

Do you value life more than you value the economy?

Do you really care about the well being of your fellow Americans, or do you only care about you/yours?

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Until you have done my job and known the full impact of the shut down, I don't think you will realize how shitty the shut down was for people and how it ruined their livelihoods and their businesses.

Poindexter

Staff member
Until you have done my job and known the full impact of the shut down, I don't think you will realize how shitty the shut down was for people and how it ruined their livelihoods and their businesses.
Cool, next compare your job to the jobs of emergency room doctors and nurses. Do that next fuck stick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom