Election 2020 (4 Viewers)

Poindexter

Staff member
If my child is doing the same work a 30 year old is why wouldn't his or her earnings reflect that. A teenager is capable of performing entry level work at a decent standard same as anyone else. It doesn't take but a couple days to train someone to work a register or clean some bathrooms. My daughter is very capable and learns quickly. She is entitled to a living wage first job or not.
This guy you are responding to wants to say that someone in high school or just out of high school doesn't deserve a living wage because they are young and by implication the business owner deserves to increase their already unjustifiable profit intake at the expense of their labor and livelihood (i.e., life). That's the fucking libertarian bullshit this dimwit has been spouting.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
If you are working full time you deserve a wage that will allow you to live. Anything other than that and the business only exists by cycling through replacement employees as they disappear off the map.
Most kids have limited hours and don't hit 40 hours to be considered full time. My opinion is you should negotiate your worth. If you aren't getting your worth then work on moving up in your company or look for a job with another company. Don't get me wrong, negotiating your pay can be tough and sometimes scary. But you have to be willing to walk away if your employer or potential employer refuses to pay you for what you feel you are worth. To me if you take a job you accept the pay and all that comes with it.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Honest question: How do you jive federal investment in nuclear power with where and how she wants to shrink government involvement? What makes this topic different?

(For the record, I agree that nuclear power is a good option and that developing countries are disproportionately represented in climate damage.)
She wants to shrink federal involvement in personal freedoms. She doesn't want the federal government to disappear all together.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
She wants to shrink federal involvement in personal freedoms. She doesn't want the federal government to disappear all together.
But what's the logic behind what things the feds should do and what things they shouldn't? Is it because climate change is a national threat and that's the fed's role?

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
Survival Pool Champion
I am not talking valuing their life. I am talking about an entry level job where they have not developed any job skills. Once again, no one should be working for thre federal minimum wage if they are out of high school.
i will tell you i know a few kids at my work got almost 40 hours a week and it was their first job, they had no skills but learned how to run the whole kitchen. One kid use to finish school and come right to work and would work 6 hours and he did this for years, hell yes he deserved a good wage, where i live students can't make MW which is $14 and hour, student make 75 cents less.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
But what's the logic behind what things the feds should do and what things they shouldn't? Is it because climate change is a national threat and that's the fed's role?
I know in almost all matters she is going to defer to local government whenever possible. Since power plants will power the nation I am only going to assume the federal government will have some say in that.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Did you get dropped on your head as a child? The conversation is about getting a living wage if you work full time. You're the jackass that adds the unrelated "high school" qualification.
The only ones who should be working minimum wage jobs are high school kids. That is my point.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Pst. Fellas, ask the ignored one how high school age workers are supposed to pay for college.
Scholarships, grants and even loans. There is also the military route like I went. My college was paid for and I even got to take college courses while I was in the military. Many military members have at least their AA when they finish their first enlistment.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
What if the high school kid is supporting their family?

Poindexter

Staff member
She wants to take care of the military. She wants to bring them home. She would probably thank me for my service.
Talking about paying for your college. It was clearly a waste. It was taken from tax payer money, which according to her is violently coerced. You clearly are an example of wasted money. You did not deserve the education that you "earned" and that was lost on you. You are a bad example of a welfare state.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
This guy you are responding to wants to say that someone in high school or just out of high school doesn't deserve a living wage because they are young and by implication the business owner deserves to increase their already unjustifiable profit intake at the expense of their labor and livelihood (i.e., life). That's the fucking libertarian bullshit this dimwit has been spouting.
I'm over it. Tired of letting myself get trolled. Just going to ignore this complete derailment of the thread and try to resume normal political conversation.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Canada once attempted a reduced wage for 'first time' workers or workers under 16.

It didnt last very long. Employers will attempt to take advantage of anything they can at the expense of other low skilled workers.
Why didn't it last long? Just curious? Did it get voted to be increased? Not trying to be a smart ass.
Post automatically merged:

Talking about paying for your college. It was clearly a waste. It was taken from tax payer money, which according to her is violently coerced. You clearly are an example of wasted money. You did not deserve the education that you "earned" and that was lost on you. You are a bad example of a welfare state.
Actually I paid into it, thank you very much. I opted in to the GI Bill. You don't have to pay for it if you don't want to.

Poindexter

Staff member
Why didn't it last long? Just curious? Did it get voted to be increased? Not trying to be a smart ass.
Post automatically merged:

Actually I paid into it, thank you very much. I opted in to the GI Bill. You don't have to pay for it if you don't want to.
You are a drain on society.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
I'm over it. Tired of letting myself get trolled. Just going to ignore this complete derailment of the thread and try to resume normal political conversation.
I am not trying to troll you. I get we don't have the same political beliefs but I still like and respect you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."
Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks

Coming up

Top Bottom