SickNasty

Now that's a tasty burger.
Again I am not condemning the protests. I am condemning the destruction and violence.

once you start destroying things and causing violence you lose your message.

I believe in the right to protest.
Sure, you can condemn destruction and violence, that's an easy and broad stance to take.

But do you see that comparing protesting against systemic racism and the events of the insurrection is a false equivalency?

chrisc

Ninja
Sure, you can condemn destruction and violence, that's an easy and broad stance to take.
i disagree to an extent. A lot of people who don’t see there being a racial problem in this country falsely use the destruction and violence as their way of denouncing the protests.(Similar to falsely using the flag to denounce Kap) Generally if you’ve spoken out against the violence you were treated as that group. I also feel like people had a hard time accepting criticism against the violence and destruction because it would give merit to that group.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
Survival Pool Champion
to me there is no difference from the riots and burning a few months ago to the bullshit at the capital. Both sides caused damage, broke the law and people died.

after reading articles an shit, seems people want to ignore the fact those protesters took over police buildings and city blocks and caused millions in damages.

what it comes down to is people don’t care about politics they just want to destroy shit and act like fools.

like I said I don’t care what side your on, because when people start dying any message is lost.
big difference, one was an assault on a jiffy lube the other was an assaulted on democracy and the people who run the gov. How many antifa or BML group rioters killed a cop to get into a a state or fed building?

Poindexter

Staff member
The Justice Department on Tuesday filed its first federal grand jury indictments against two defendants linked to the Capitol riot, including against an Alabama man alleged to have parked a truck filled with homemade bombs, guns and ammo two blocks from the Capitol.

Both men were arrested last week and their criminal allegations were made public shortly after the riot. The indictments formalize the charges the men, after they were arrested under criminal complaint.

Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Alabama appears to be the most serious defendant of more than 20 known federal defendants so far. He is currently detained and is set to appear before a judge this afternoon.

According to the new indictments, Coffman faces 17 criminal counts, largely for possession of multiple weapons including ammunition, shotgun shells and various guns, including a shotgun, a rifle, 3 pistols and 11 Molotov cocktails without registration in Washington, DC, on Jan. 6, according to the indictment.

Another man, Mark Jefferson Leffingwell, faces seven counts related to violence inside the Capitol building. He is released from detention at this time.

Neither have entered a plea in court.

chrisc

Ninja
Post automatically merged:

big difference, one was an assault on a jiffy lube the other was an assaulted on democracy and the people who run the gov. How many antifa or BML group rioters killed a cop to get into a a state or fed building?
By no means is the domestic terrorism that happened at the capital and the riots and violence over the summer equal, but “assault on a jiffy lube” is also downplaying what happened

Last edited:

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Who says people can't change. There's suddenly a whole lot of Republicans more than willing to negotiate with terrorists.

Also nice to see the FBI and police finally adopt a laissez faire attitude for once. Sure, they had advanced notice of armed insurrectionists heading to the capitol for "war" but ehhh... I mean people talk hyperbolically online.

It's not like the FBI can do anything other than make a suggestion. How do all of you who supported the police brutality over the spring, summer, and fall feel about law enforcement and the militaries involvement with last week protest?

Do you still think there is such a thing as bad apples? Or do you finally see there are just apples?

chrisc

Ninja

I’m not entirely sure the point of the military aspect. I work with quite a few Trump supporters, some openly and some you can just kind of tell. But none that support what happened at the Capital. Putting out our job is defending then constitution doesn’t help because the dumb fucks who stormed the capital believe that’s what they’re doing

Clark Kent

But do you see that comparing protesting against systemic racism and the events of the insurrection is a false equivalency?
Again not comparing protesting.

what stance am I supposed to take? Am I supposed to be ok with the killing and burning of parts of cities because there message.

i said the violence and destruction was the same. If you burn a city down for a noble cause or for evil, I see that as the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest profile posts

My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james101
Top Bottom