jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.

Pretty good video that shows it wasn’t “antifa.”

Police fired gas pretty early on. It really looks like they simply weren’t prepared for a riot or anything of that matter
Then they are the dumbest motherfuckers around. My fucking government knew what was going to happen. Because the idiots said they were going to do it. For months.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
I think Apple is my new favorite company. Let's hope Google gets aggressive too (they won't).
They might. With the amount of pressure right now and the kind of screengrabs I've been seeing from Parler, I can absolutely see them doing something similar.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
They might. With the amount of pressure right now and the kind of screengrabs I've been seeing from Parler, I can absolutely see them doing something similar.
I hope you're right. Google has a history of being less aggressive on their app store, I think it has to do with their goal of being the OS for the majority of companies. You have to either coordinate or understand the impact of say, Samsung, being affected by your decision. It's a little murkier and I've never seen Google as a strong leadership company. Hope I'm wrong.

kc56

I wonder if with all of the bridges he’s burned, if Trump will be the worst protected ex president ever?

Karma HAS to kick in at some point...

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
I wonder if with all of the bridges he’s burned, if Trump will be the worst protected ex president ever?

Karma HAS to kick in at some point...
Well I’ve heard that if he’s successfully impeached, he’ll lose his Secret Service detail in addition to his pension and the other post presidential perks

Goremire

Site Donor
Is there a quick synopsis? Also, do you think the perceived fraud effected the result of the election? Is this not something that would have been revealed in the hand recount or electronic recount in Georgia?
Short version is that the report authors are alleging voter fraud due to anomalies in the voting results, specifically around votes that went through the adjudication (manual review and alteration) process.

The problem here is twofold.

1) These are not standard frothing MAGA/Q nut jobs. They are slick, coherent, articulate and appear highly knowledgeable and credentialed in this field. Their allegations on the surface appear to warrant further scrutiny.

2) Hardly anyone is talking about this beyond the standard MAGA echo Chambers. They did a 10 minute segment on Fox Business that garnered maybe 20 retweets. However, because there is no outcry, there have been no rebuttals issued. That bothers me, because while they're clearly zealots they have gone to a lot of time and effort to put together their case. This isn't "DEAD PEOPLE VOTED BIDEN REEEEEEEEEE!" and it deserves a measured and thorough response.

This all comes back to @Anchorpunchs original point - this isn't a shitty image crop job here. It is likely a highly sophisticated attempt to smear the Georgia election results (along with other battleground states where - gasp! - they also found 'fraud' ) that on the surface appears to be highly convincing.

But its going to take a lengthy process from other heavy hitting data scientists to debunk it, and I think the report authors knew that. Had this been leading the news cycle in the first week of January (enough time to hit the public consciousness but not enough time to form a robust defence) it could have seriously changed public perception on the results. The fact that this data wasn't presented in court I think is purely down to a lack of co-ordination at the Conservative end, and that's highly worrying.

And the audit stuff? That's just worrying in of itself as it's a vulnerability in the system that could be exploitable in future.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor

Years ago I argued with members over the reaction to Islamic terrorism and I know, I know I keep bringing up this point. But I argued time and time again that Islam itself is not the cause of extremism. I felt it necessary to remind everyone that a much wider majority of Muslims were not extremist or prone to violence, and that extremism that we were beginning to see in places like Greece and Venezuela, would eventually emerge in the United States. The decades of racist policies and rhetoric, the religion of the 2nd Amendment, and the growing inequality gap made it more than obvious all we needed was enough gas because there were plenty of sparks.

Mass shooting after mass shooting after police shooting after racist imposition and the unequal application of the law all under faux-Fascist Republican governance of minority rule met social media and a pandemic.

America is now a terrorist state. 70+ million people voted for what happened on January 6. You don't get to turn your nose anymore at Islamic fundamentalist, communist, or authoritarians. That's what we support apparently so long as it's fat, rich, and white. You don't get to look down on corruption and gang warfare in Mexico and Central America, you don't get to tell South America or Africa how to govern, you don't get to comment on how the WHO or The EU conduct business. You have no moral standing over China, Russia, or North Korea.

I sincerely hope round after round after round of Covid takes as many of us as possible. It'd be doing the Earth a favor.

Ct_L33T

Pretty good video that shows it wasn’t “antifa.”

Police fired gas pretty early on. It really looks like they simply weren’t prepared for a riot or anything of that matter
The cop in that video literally said "y'all aren't supposed to be in here" as he let people saunter right past him. Being unprepared is not an acceptable excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rammstein's "Deutschland" is the best music video ever.
Ya'll are so lucky today, you don't know how good you have it. I was born in 1932, we were so dumb, we listened to tap dancers on the radio.
Bandcamp is bad for my wallet.
The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmcgregor
Top Bottom