Election 2020 (1 Viewer)

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
I also dont think money should go to any city that was severely damaged do to riots.
Why though? Why wouldn't the US government help repair damage done due to civil unrest on a national scale? So the burned out and destroyed buildings should just sit there? No state is independent of the US government. Why should they be on their own financially?

Poindexter

Staff member
It’s not just immigrants that are married to Americans.

but if they were married they wouldn’t be undocumented or illegal still right.

immigrant to me is different then an illegal undocumented.

I also dont think money should go to any city that was severely damaged do to riots.
im also fine with any legal immigrants getting money, just not ones that are here illegally and I believe that’s what republicans have the issue with.
What I posted states that any family where one member does not have a SS# did not get the stimulus if they filed jointly, and they would not get the child credit either. That doesn’t exactly jive with your take, so I’ll just leave it at that.

In terms of not giving funding to cities that had riots, I have no idea where that’s coming from or the logic behind it.

Clark Kent

Why though? Why wouldn't the US government help repair damage done due to civil unrest on a national scale? So the burned out and destroyed buildings should just sit there? No state is independent of the US government. Why should they be on their own financially?
I’m talking about states that let it continue. Where was it, Seattle where they took over the few blocks and the city did nothing. Why should the government have to help them when they refused to help themselves.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I’m talking about states that let it continue. Where was it, Seattle where they took over the few blocks and the city did nothing. Why should the government have to help them when they refused to help themselves.
So other than Seattle, who?

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Did nothing? The citizens of the city occupied their streets in protest. The state is run by the US government. It was up to the government to take the next step. Some cities definitely decided to fight against the governments decision to use violence to curb the protests though.

VimyRidge

Not true, here are a couple that pro-Biden people can get behind.

Post automatically merged:

How about educate yourself with something other than YouTube. FFS
A lot of time YouTube posts are more accurate than the actual "journalism". For example, the Covington Boys story last year which NTtimes, CNN etc. showed completely misleading stories about and had to retract it after viral YouTube videos.

"I wrote about the additional footage, and, over time, many commentators backpedaled. The mainstream media did as well. Case in point: The New York Times went from "Viral Video Shows Boys in 'Make America Great Again' Hats Surrounding Native Elder" to "Fuller Picture Emerges of Viral Video of Native American Man and Catholic Students." "

Also Youtube videos showing that Trump didn't make fun of the disabled reporter which I don't think I have seen any major news source recount yet. Details here: https://www.thenewneo.com/2020/10/1...ps-on-giving-trump-and-the-disabled-reporter/

Friend sent me a link to a video on YouTube showing this after I had mentioned about Trumps character (although still a bit of a jerk but the disabled reporter thing seems like "Fake news").

Last edited:

Poindexter

Staff member
Georgetown University report finds Joe Biden’s free public college plan would pay off within 10 years
College costs in the United States have steadily increased since the 1980s, when the Reagan Administration cut higher education funding and student aid. Over the past 10 years alone, college costs have increased by more than 25% and today, some 44 million Americans collectively hold over $1.6 trillion in student debt.

To address such concerns, Democratic nominees former Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Kamala Harris have proposed a lengthy education plan that includes an eye-catching proposal: tuition-free public college for all families with incomes below $125,000.

According to an analysis by the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, the policy, which also proposes tuition-free community college, would pay for itself within 10 years.

The report, titled “The Dollars and Sense of Free College” measures the costs of the plan put forth by Biden as well as three major free-college models: first-dollar tuition-free programs, in which students have their tuition and fees covered and are able to use their financial aid to cover other costs; last-dollar tuition-free programs in which students have their tuition covered after financial aid is taken into account; and debt-free programs in which students have all necessary costs covered so that they do not need to take out loans.

Biden’s plan is considered a first-dollar program with an income restriction and is estimated to be significantly less expensive than a debt-free program.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I think the important thing to be funding is job training. Tradesmen, programmers, etc. I hope the plan would include tuition for vocational programs.
It's your individual responsibility to, at the age of 18, predict which careers will be most beneficial and pursue them for the rest of your life.

On a serious note, does anyone have any insights on the efficacy of vocational programs? I've always been a little skeptical about their ability to promote mobility rather than status quo.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
On a serious note, does anyone have any insights on the efficacy of vocational programs? I've always been a little skeptical about their ability to promote mobility rather than status quo.
That depends on the quality of the vocational program, which can vary greatly in my experience.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I saw on Facebook there is a Trump rally near my hometown on Saturday. How much money would it take for you to drop acid and hang out with those people? That’s like the worst trip that I can imagine. To bad Hunter S Thompson is dead. He would’ve loved this shitstorm.
In good news fuck everybody my toddler’s sleeping. Praise God.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I saw on Facebook there is a Trump rally near my hometown on Saturday. How much money would it take for you to drop acid and hang out with those people? That’s like the worst trip that I can imagine. To bad Hunter S Thompson is dead. He would’ve loved this shitstorm.
In good news fuck everybody my toddler’s sleeping. Praise God.
It's the shouting that I can't handle at rallies. Otherwise I'd get really stoned and see what the fuss is about (in a non-covid time).

Reactions: Miz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom