Election 2020 (1 Viewer)

Ct_L33T

That’s a crock of shit and anyone that believes that is fucking nuts too.

the Democrats turned down a good offer for a stimulus package, they turn down everything unless they get their way.

don’t get me wrong the republicans are to blame too, but that statement seems like something out of trumps mouth.
Define "Good"

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Post automatically merged:

Good as in better then nothing. Good as in less fluffed as the dem 2.4 trillion package.

like I said her statement was utter bullshit and I stand by that anyone that believes it is on crack or just dumb.
That or is blinded by their hatred of Trump.

Poindexter

Staff member
Good as in better then nothing. Good as in less fluffed as the dem 2.4 trillion package.

like I said her statement was utter bullshit and I stand by that anyone that believes it is on crack or just dumb.
I may be dumb. The recent development was full speed ahead regard the confirmation of the Christian activist and Trump cancelling negotiations and then claiming he wanted a “bigger” relief bill. McConnell I believe then vetoed that idea. I think there is something set up for this week?

Maybe you could correct the timeline for me. Also, are you saying that the MAGA bill was preferable to the House bill, so the responsibility is on the House? I don’t know the details. I do think the first bill that was enacted seems to have been a disaster in terms of how it distributed money.

This is what I've read so far :

Given the focus of what the Senate's entire activity has been recently, to confirm an inexperienced, less-that-forthright, lifetime appointment in less time than has ever been done before, despite their previous "principled" denial of Obama's appointee—I don't think pointing out their apparent priorities is anywhere equivalent to someone being on crack. It's an odd allusion as well, IMO.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
Survival Pool Champion

That or is blinded by their hatred of Trump.
except making sure black people can't vote.

Pentagon budgets are passed easy every year and they get whatever the amount they want but when it comes to helping people out the gop finds every excuse.

Last edited:

Clark Kent

I may be dumb. The recent development was full speed ahead regard the confirmation of the Christian activist and Trump cancelling negotiations and then claiming he wanted a “bigger” relief bill. McConnell I believe then vetoed that idea. I think there is something set up for this week?

Maybe you could correct the timeline for me. Also, are you saying that the MAGA bill was preferable to the House bill, so the responsibility is on the House? I don’t know the details. I do think the first bill that was enacted seems to have been a disaster in terms of how it distributed money.

This is what I've read so far :

Given the focus of what the Senate's entire activity has been recently, to confirm an inexperienced, less-that-forthright, lifetime appointment in less time than has ever been done before, despite their previous "principled" denial of Obama's appointee—I don't think pointing out their apparent priorities is anywhere equivalent to someone being on crack. It's an odd allusion as well, IMO.
there is a vote set for this week but nothing is going to come from it. As I have said many times neither side gives2 shits about the American people.

harris’s comment made it sound like the Dems were willing to sign and get to work on this bill but that’s not true at all.

im not saying one bill is better then the other, I’m saying it’s the Democrats being the reason right now nothing is being passed. Or should I just say Pelosi.

republicans went from 500 billion to 1.6 trillion but it still want enough for them.

I understand a lot of you hate trump and rightfully so, but it seems some just blindly believe any shit that comes from Democrats.

as for the bill both sides want dumb shit to benefit themselves. But it seemed to me the trimmed republican bill was enough to get a second check, money for schools an small business but they said it wasn’t enough.

they have been working on this since before august.

Poindexter

Staff member
im not saying one bill is better then the other, I’m saying it’s the Democrats being the reason right now nothing is being passed. Or should I just say Pelosi.
I would say that it is more complicated than that, given the timelines cited above. The House passed more than one bill and offered compromises as well (included decreasing the total amount), but to suggest that because the Senate increased their offer some that it is all on Pelosi doesn't ring true. Trump definitely keeps repeating that Pelosi is the villain though, for sure—someone he hasn't even spoken with in over a year, is that correct?

Unfortunately, the "Art of the Deal" genius doesn't even seem to have the Republican-led Senate on board with his ever-changing whimsical and capricious pronouncements. Pelosi has been dealing with Mnuchin, but when the impasse has to do with the lack of addressing "certain issues, namely Covid-19 testing, tracing and treatment" on the Republican's part, it doesn't seem like it is so easy just to say nobody gives a shit.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
there is a vote set for this week but nothing is going to come from it. As I have said many times neither side gives2 shits about the American people.

harris’s comment made it sound like the Dems were willing to sign and get to work on this bill but that’s not true at all.

republicans went from 500 billion to 1.6 trillion but it still want enough for them.

I understand a lot of you hate trump and rightfully so, but it seems some just blindly believe any shit that comes from Democrats.

as for the bill both sides want dumb shit to benefit themselves. But it seemed to me the trimmed republican bill was enough to get a second check, money for schools an small business but they said it wasn’t enough.

they have been working on this since before august.
500 Billion..........

Ct_L33T

This sounds like an oversimplification. Every bill has additives and specifics for funding. Something is not always better than nothing, if that something fails to address the issue. I.e, the republican sponsored "police reform" bill.

With how slow the legislative process is, bills are often proposed to give the impression of politicians doing work even though the bill is hollow.

So can you state the specifics of this republican covid-19 aid bill?

Clark Kent

I don’t think Biden is corrupt. But just because he gave his taxes doesn't mean couldnt be getting money under the table Or somewhere else that he wasn’t claiming.

I would say that it is more complicated than that, given the timelines cited above. The House passed more than one bill and offered compromises as well (included decreasing the total amount), but to suggest that because the Senate increased their offer some that it is all on Pelosi doesn't ring true. Trump definitely keeps repeating that Pelosi is the villain though, for sure—someone he hasn't even spoken with in over a year, is that correct?

Unfortunately, the "Art of the Deal" genius doesn't even seem to have the Republican-led Senate on board with his ever-changing whimsical and capricious pronouncements. Pelosi has been dealing with Mnuchin, but when the impasse has to do with the lack of addressing "certain issues, namely Covid-19 testing, tracing and treatment" on the Republican's part, it doesn't seem like it is so easy just to say nobody gives a shit.
both sides want testing and tracing, money for schools and things like that.

big sticking point I can think of is Democrats want to give money to undocumented illegals. And want 600 a week until end of Jan for unemployment and republicans want 300 or 400.

dems have given zero on those issues.

Last edited:

Poindexter

Staff member
both sides want testing and tracing, money for schools and things like that.
I’m just quoting what was stated.

big sticking point I can think of is Democrats want to give money to undocumented illegals.
But that puts it a bit too simply, right? It effects American citizens and their children (also American citizens) in what they call “mixed status” households.

Clark Kent

I’m just quoting what was stated.

But that puts it a bit too simply, right? It effects American citizens and their children (also American citizens) in what they call “mixed status” households.

It’s not just immigrants that are married to Americans.

but if they were married they wouldn’t be undocumented or illegal still right.

immigrant to me is different then an illegal undocumented.

I also dont think money should go to any city that was severely damaged do to riots.
im also fine with any legal immigrants getting money, just not ones that are here illegally and I believe that’s what republicans have the issue with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom