Trodden

Where's the 'any' key?
Post automatically merged:

People are going to jail lol

wow, I didnt know all that

that settles it for me. Now Im gonna vote Biden.

compared to Trump, Bidens FAR better if thats the worse stuff you can find

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
Are you guys just cracking up up there? Not you, specifically, as I know you're taking this seriously, but is the majority of Canada laughing at us up there? I mean, more than usual?
Since we have essentially made ourselves a client state of the US, almost wholly dependent on you guys for economic and national security, we are pretty terrified (well, those of us who aren't complete idiots).

If the nightmare scenarios play out, there is no way we will not be dragged down to some degree with you guys. If shit hits the fan in with civil war, there's no way we will maintain our sovereignty.

Last edited:

Goremire

Site Donor
Dunking on me? Lol. You think I care about that? Which lion would you still rather be? The one still in the wild or the one locked up in the zoo getting everything for free?
You mean the lion that's still only alive and free in the wild with its habitat preserved because of strong government policy to protect it from the unchecked commercial interests that have driven the rest of its species to extinction? That lion?

Or the caged lion - who is either in a zoo or private ownership because there was no law to prevent its removal it from the wild in the first place?

Jesus mate if you were any more of a cabbage you'd be pickled in brine and stuffed in a Rueban.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
Which is which one? Don't care for Trump but the Democrats seem to want to control what people think and do more than Republicans.

This happened yesterday, Webster's dictionary changed its definition to try and make Barrett look bad:

I am not online with a lot of Barrett's political leanings but this is getting a bit out of hand.

And democrats use the word, including RBG

I can see what you are saying to an extent but then I hear stuff from Biden that the proud boys are a white supremacy group and then find out their current leader isn't even white and they have gay and non-white members:

I wish the democrats would just try to be honest about things. I guess people who just watch CNN and CNBC etc. and don't have friends with different political views would not find out, but for others, it doesn't take long to see that a lot of what we are being told are lies.

Why can't they just stick to the truth and policy.
proud boys was a troll group created by Gavin McInnes, they became a real thing and they more members who took it more serious, they are not a white nationalists group. just like Antifa is so maligned by the right. Lots of them are just anarchists and have no hardcore political belief system.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
You mean the lion that's still only alive and free in the wild with its habitat preserved because of strong government policy to protect it from the unchecked commercial interests that have driven the rest of its species to extinction? That lion?

Or the caged lion - who is either in a zoo or private ownership because there was no law to prevent its removal it from the wild in the first place?

Jesus mate if you were any more of a cabbage you'd be pickled in brine and stuffed in a Rueban.
Holy. Fucking. Shit. That was aces.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ

People are going to jail lol

President Trump has made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims

Bran

The wolf dead.
Since we have essentially made ourselves a client state of the US, almost wholly dependent on you guys for economic and national security, we are pretty terrified (well, those of us who aren't complete idiots).

If the nightmare scenarios play out, there is no way we will not be dragged down to some degree with you guys. If shit hits the fan in with civil war, there's no way we will maintain our sovereignty.

I work for the government at a high level (a few steps removed from cabinet) and we are busy planning. By planning I mean incrementally debating what to do in great detail with little action.
Well, for your sake, I hope we pull through this.

If he were any more of a cabbage, he'd be knocked out by Andrei Arlovski at 1:15 of round 2 at UFC 47

This IS an MMA forum, after all.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I don't have a personal issue with Dimson but I have a hard time understanding his reasoning for this line of thinking. It's strange to me but I did also come to light recently that most people I know are unbashed Trump supporters that have lost most sense of reasoning and that's pretty disheartening too.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I don't have a personal issue with Dimson but I have a hard time understanding his reasoning for this line of thinking. It's strange to me but I did also come to light recently that most people I know are unbashed Trump supporters that have lost most sense of reasoning and that's pretty disheartening too.
The problem with the majority of people is once they pick a team to cheer for (r or d), they lose all objectivity.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I watched Biden's last "event" did you?

and whose fucking gloating? he's down in the "polls" :rofl::rofl:

I honestly didn't get the first video, what's it supposed to mean?

The second video is silly. One is a campaign rally by a guy who wants crowds during covid. The other is an ECONOMIC FORUM by a guy who has said do social distancing. Why would I be surprised that the former has more people??

Palma

I am chaos
But almost all the violence is coming from BLM and Antifa.

Like what, CNN and NYTtimes which are not very reliable? I try to look at as many sources as possible and have friends on both sides with strong views. I lean "democrat" but a bit disenfranchised.

Got to go but will take a look later. Have a good day.
How is the New York Times not reliable?

Poindexter

Staff member
I'm not too savvy, but is this one of them evil media sources (read: Jews) that the Democrats control to deceive us and make us less free?

White House was warned Giuliani was target of Russian intelligence operation to feed misinformation to Trump
U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.

The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The intelligence raised concerns that Giuliani was being used to feed Russian misinformation to the president, the former officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information and conversations.

The warnings to the White House, which have not been previously reported, led national security adviser Robert O’Brien to caution Trump in a private conversation that any information Giuliani brought back from Ukraine should be considered contaminated by Russia, one of the former officials said.

The message was, “Do what you want to do, but your friend Rudy has been worked by Russian assets in Ukraine,” this person said. Officials wanted “to protect the president from coming out and saying something stupid,” particularly since he was facing impeachment over his own efforts to strong-arm Ukraine’s president into investigating the Bidens.

But O’Brien emerged from the meeting uncertain whether he had gotten through to the president. Trump had “shrugged his shoulders” at O’Brien’s warning, the former official said, and dismissed concern about his lawyer’s activities by saying, “That’s Rudy.”

Giuliani visited the White House on Dec. 13, shortly after the House Judiciary Committee voted to proceed with articles of impeachment, and he met with Trump at the president’s resort in Florida eight days later.

Officials’ warnings about Giuliani underscore the concern in the U.S. intelligence community that Russia not only is seeking to reprise the disinformation campaign it waged in 2016, but also may now be aided, unwittingly or otherwise, by individuals close to the president. Those warnings have gained fresh urgency in recent days. The information that Giuliani sought in Ukraine is similar to what is contained in emails and other correspondence published this week by the New York Post, which the paper said came from the laptop of Hunter Biden and were provided by Giuliani and Stephen K. Bannon, Trump’s former top political adviser at the White House.

The Washington Post was unable to verify the authenticity of the alleged communications, which concern Hunter Biden’s business dealings in Ukraine and China.

The former officials said Giuliani was not a target of U.S. surveillance while in Ukraine but was dealing with suspected Russian assets who were, leading to the capture of some of his communications.

Giuliani was interested in acquiring information from his foreign contacts about Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company where Hunter Biden held a board seat, as well as Biden’s activities in Ukraine, China and Romania, two former officials said. Giuliani’s eagerness was so pronounced “that everybody [in the intelligence community who knew about it] was talking about how hard it was going to be to try to get him to stop, to take seriously the idea that he was being used as a conduit for misinformation,” one former official said.

Earlier in 2019, U.S. intelligence also had warned in written materials sent to the White House that Giuliani, in his drive for information about the Bidens, was communicating with Russian assets.

Several senior administration officials “all had a common understanding” that Giuliani was being targeted by the Russians, said the former official who recounted O’Brien’s intervention. That group included Attorney General William P. Barr, FBI Director Christopher A. Wray and White Counsel Pat Cipollone.

Spokespersons for the FBI and the Justice Department declined to comment. A spokesperson for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence referred inquiries to the White House.

“National Security Advisor O’Brien and White House Counsel Cipollone meet with the President frequently on a variety of matters. Ambassador O’Brien does not comment on sensitive intelligence topics, or on the advice he provides President Trump,” National Security Council spokesman John Ullyot said in a written statement. The national security adviser “can say that the President always treats such briefings with the utmost seriousness. The characterization of the meeting as described in this article is not accurate.”

In a text message on Thursday, Giuliani said that he was never informed that Andriy Derkach, a pro-Russian lawmaker in Ukraine whom he met on Dec. 5 in Kyiv, was a Russian intelligence asset. Giuliani said he “only had secondary information and I was not considering him a witness.” But Giuliani met again with Derkach in New York two months later, hosting him on his podcast, and he has promoted his unsubstantiated claims about the Bidens, describing Derkach as “very helpful.”

In September, the U.S. Treasury Department sanctioned Derkach for allegedly running an “influence campaign” against Joe Biden, calling the Ukrainian “an active Russian agent for over a decade” who has maintained “close connections with Russian intelligence services.”

In August, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence publicly described Derkach as part of a Russian effort to interfere with the 2020 election by smearing Biden, accusing Derkach of “spreading claims about corruption — including through publicizing leaked phone calls — to undermine” Biden and the Democrats.

For some officials, Trump’s willingness to meet with Giuliani despite warnings about Russian influence smacked of the collusion allegations that dogged the president after the 2016 election. Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III said he did not find evidence to substantiate a criminal charge of conspiracy against anyone in the Trump campaign. But his investigation documented numerous instances in which Trump associates knowingly sought damaging information from Russian individuals and their proxies about Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential candidate.

Giuliani was not shy about his pursuit of information that might damage Biden, taking a documentary film crew from the right-wing One America News to Ukraine in December when he met with Derkach. At the time, Giuliani claimed that Trump had directed him to share his findings with the Justice Department and Senate Republicans.

Officials’ fears about what Giuliani might tell the president were compounded by Trump’s generally furious reaction to negative intelligence about Russia and its efforts to influence U.S. politics.

“Whenever you talk to the president, no matter what your facts are, if you mention Russia, that’s it — you’ve hit the third rail,” one of the former officials said. Trump has called Russia’s documented campaign of election interference a “hoax” that was drummed up to challenge the legitimacy of his election and undermine his administration.

Trump has relied for years on Giuliani’s counsel. But in recent months, as the president has found himself sinking in the polls, the former New York mayor has become an even closer confidant, aides and officials said. Giuliani has visited the White House for debate preparations, given the president tips on his response to the coronavirus pandemic, promoted the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for covid-19 and discussed what political events and rallies he thinks the president should hold.

Giuliani was also a major source of information during impeachment, when Trump tried to rebut allegations of abuse of power by airing false allegations that Biden, while serving as vice president, had pressed for the removal of a Ukrainian prosecutor to spare his son from being investigated.

During his impeachment trial in the Senate, Trump denied sending Giuliani to Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden, who was then a contender for the Democratic presidential nomination. But after his acquittal, Trump reversed himself, acknowledging in a podcast interview with Geraldo Rivera that he had directed Giuliani to go to Ukraine.

“So when you tell me, why did I use Rudy, and one of the things about Rudy, number one, he was the best prosecutor, you know, one of the best prosecutors, and the best mayor,” Trump said. “But also, other presidents had them. FDR had a lawyer who was practically, you know, was totally involved with government. Eisenhower had a lawyer. They all had lawyers.”

Months earlier, Trump had also told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that he should meet with Giuliani.

“Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you,” Trump told Zelensky in a phone call July 25, 2019, according to a partial transcript released by the White House. “I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what’s happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great.”

That phone call was the centerpiece of the impeachment case against the president.

VimyRidge

What do they constitute as a "terrorist attack"? Restricting to " A terrorist is a person who uses violence, especially murder and bombing, in order to achieve political aims. " may massively miss the violence that you care about. (More people get killed a week in gang violence in the US.) . Even restricting to "terrorist", these numbers are way way lower than I was expecting. Would these counted as terrorist attacks?:

or

or

All done by "groups" with "political aims". These type of things happen way more than the numbers you have above.

Anyone have the total violence numbers in the US? Probably more what we want to look at to get around classification bias and get a broader picture.

Looking them up myself.... Are these correct? If so, not what I have ever heard in the media.

This one shows 540,873 Black on White crimes and 92,706 White on Black crimes:
and link to data:

Is there a gas leak in here?
Is this the equivalent to my right wing friends quoting the bible when they don't have a logical argument?

How is the New York Times not reliable?

Don't think any news source is reliable, best to look at a bunch of different sources on both sides.

One of my friends listed a bunch of things, I can try to dig up at some point but no clue where that post was (was a long time ago). Things I remember offhand:

---
The New York Times Magazine editor-in-chief Jake Silverstein incorrectly shared Obama-era pictures of children sleeping in enclosed cages to take a swipe at the Trump administration – and that was only one of several Twitter stumbles by anti-Trump public figures over the holiday weekend.

---

and stuff like:
---

Who wrote stuff like:

"Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins,” she wrote in 2014 before adding a paragraph claiming that “whiteness” resulted in being “awful.”
----

There was the big Kavanaugh stuff where they omitted key details of stories.

------

Here is another thing (op-ed but still in NYTtimes):

" It is impossible to convey the mixture of heartbreak and fear I feel for him. Donald Trump’s election has made it clear that I will teach my boys the lesson generations old, one that I for the most part nearly escaped. I will teach them to be cautious, I will teach them suspicion, and I will teach them distrust. Much sooner than I thought I would, I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people. "

given the crime differential above, imagine if the races were reversed in the story?

-----------------

Last edited:

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
What do they constitute as a "terrorist attack"? Restricting to " A terrorist is a person who uses violence, especially murder and bombing, in order to achieve political aims. " may massively miss the violence that you care about. (More people get killed a week in gang violence in the US.) . Even restricting to "terrorist", these numbers are way way lower than I was expecting. Would these counted as terrorist attacks?:

or

or

All done by "groups" with "political aims". These type of things happen way more than the numbers you have above.

Anyone have the total violence numbers in the US? Probably more what we want to look at to get around classification bias and get a broader picture.

Looking them up myself.... Are these correct? If so, not what I have ever heard in the media.

This one shows 540,873 Black on White crimes and 92,706 White on Black crimes:
and link to data:

Is this the equivalent to my right wing friends quoting the bible when they don't have a logical argument?

Don't think any news source is reliable, best to look at a bunch of different sources on both sides.

One of my friends listed a bunch of things, I can try to dig up at some point but no clue where that post was (was a long time ago). Things I remember offhand:

---
The New York Times Magazine editor-in-chief Jake Silverstein incorrectly shared Obama-era pictures of children sleeping in enclosed cages to take a swipe at the Trump administration – and that was only one of several Twitter stumbles by anti-Trump public figures over the holiday weekend.

---

and stuff like:
---

Who wrote stuff like:

"Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins,” she wrote in 2014 before adding a paragraph claiming that “whiteness” resulted in being “awful.”
----

There was the big Kavanaugh stuff where they omitted key details of stories.

------

Here is another thing (op-ed but still in NYTtimes):

" It is impossible to convey the mixture of heartbreak and fear I feel for him. Donald Trump’s election has made it clear that I will teach my boys the lesson generations old, one that I for the most part nearly escaped. I will teach them to be cautious, I will teach them suspicion, and I will teach them distrust. Much sooner than I thought I would, I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people. "

given the crime differential above, imagine if the races were reversed in the story?

-----------------
I feel like comparing the news section to the editorials and opinions is pretty misleading. NYTimes writers believe all kinds of stuff that can't make it past review for the news.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor

Poindexter

Staff member

Poindexter

Staff member

Hunter Biden’s alleged laptop: An explainer
Glenn Kessler
The New York Post on Wednesday published an article based on emails purportedly obtained from a laptop that Hunter Biden, the son of former vice president Joe Biden, had supposedly left behind for repair in a Delaware shop in April 2019. Here’s a brief explainer to help readers evaluate its significance. We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available.

What’s new?

The key thrust of the article is that an April 17, 2015, email suggests Hunter Biden arranged for a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm to meet with the then-vice president when he was in charge of U.S. policy toward Ukraine. “Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” reads the email, supposedly written by Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma.

Why would that be important?

Hunter Biden in 2014 became a board member of Burisma, which news reports at the time suggested was a conflict of interest, given his father’s position. The former vice president has said he did not discuss Burisma with his son. The email is not specific about the nature of the meeting and is written in a way that it could be talking about a possible future meeting. Nevertheless, Republicans have long sought to tie Joe Biden to his son’s business interests, even launching a Senate investigation, so any indication that the vice president helped his son could be politically damaging. The New York Post claimed it was a “smoking-gun email.”

How do we know the email is authentic?

We do not. The New York Post published PDF printouts of several emails allegedly taken from the laptop, but for the “smoking-gun” email, it shows only a photo made the day before the story was posted, according to Thomas Rid, the author of “Active Measures,” a book on disinformation. “There is no header information, no metadata.” The Washington Post has not been able to independently verify or authenticate these emails, as requests to make the laptop hard drive available for inspection have not been granted. The New York Post said it obtained the material from former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, a personal lawyer to President Trump.
There also is no indication that Hunter Biden replied to the email.

Moreover, another alleged email published by the New York Post contradicts the notion that Hunter Biden could influence his father. “What he will do and say is out of our hands,” Hunter Biden wrote in an email that the New York Post said was sent April 13, 2014.

What does the Biden campaign say?

Andrew Bates, a campaign spokesman for Joe Biden, said a review of Biden’s schedules from 2015 finds no record of any such meeting. Officials who worked for Biden at the time told The Fact Checker that no such meeting took place.

“I was with the vice president in all of his meetings on Ukraine,” said Michael Carpenter, Biden’s foreign policy adviser in 2015. “He never met with this guy. In fact, I had never heard of this guy until the New York Post story broke.”

The New York Post article also cites an email from Pozharskyi to Hunter Biden saying he was “going to share this information with the US embassy here in Kyiv, as well as the office of Mr Amos Hochstein in the States.”

“I know for a fact he never contacted me or my office,” said Hochstein, who at the time worked closely with Biden as special envoy and coordinator for international energy affairs. “I provided every record to the Senate investigation, and no mention of this guy was ever made, no emails, no correspondence. I know almost every player in the energy sector in Ukraine. I never met this guy.”

Carpenter said that the vice president wouldn’t have had a meeting with a company executive. “He was the vice president of the United States,” he said. “He met with prime ministers.”

This does not exclude the possibility that Biden briefly shook hands and chatted with Pozharskyi during a public event. Hunter Biden, for instance, helped arrange for a potential business partner, Jonathan Li, to shake hands with his father in the lobby of a Beijing hotel when the vice president made an official trip to China.

Pozharskyi, in the April 17 email, mentions that he spoke to Hunter “yesterday evening.” At the request of The Fact Checker, a Biden aide reviewed Biden’s schedule for April 16, 2015. The vice president gave remarks at the White House Greek Independence Day Reception, between 5 and 6 p.m., and then spoke to the Congressional Fire Services Institute Gala, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., the aide said.

What does Hunter Biden say?

Asked to verify whether the email is genuine, Hunter Biden’s attorney George Mesires told The Fact Checker: “We have no idea where this came from, and certainly cannot credit anything that Rudy Giuliani provided to the NY Post, but what I do know for certain is that this purported meeting never happened.”

Are there errors in the New York Post report?

A separate article, about another email, claims that a public relations company that worked for Burisma was allowed to take part in a conference call about an upcoming visit by Joe Biden to Ukraine. But there was nothing secret about this call, and the transcript was released publicly and posted on the White House website.

More broadly, the New York Post repeats the falsehood, advanced by Trump, that the “elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company.”

We have fact-checked this repeatedly. During President Barack Obama’s second term, Biden was in charge of the Ukraine portfolio, keeping in close touch with the country’s president, Petro Poroshenko. Biden’s brief was to sweet-talk and jawbone Poroshenko into making reforms that Ukraine’s Western benefactors wanted to see as part of Ukraine’s escape from Russia’s orbit. But the Americans saw an obstacle to reform in Viktor Shokin, the top Ukrainian prosecutor, whom the United States viewed as ineffective and beholden to Poroshenko and Ukraine’s corrupt oligarchs. In particular, Shokin had failed to pursue an investigation of the founder of Burisma, Mykola Zlochevsky.

The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv proposed that Biden, during his 2015 visit there, use a pending delivery of $1 billion of loan guarantees as leverage to force reform. Biden addressed the Ukrainian parliament, decrying the “cancer of corruption” in the country and criticizing the prosecutor’s office. During that visit, Biden privately told Poroshenko the loan guarantees would be withheld unless Shokin was replaced. After repeated calls and meetings between the two men over several months, Shokin was removed and the loan guarantees were provided.

Pavlo Klimkin, Ukrainian foreign minister from 2014 until Aug. 29, 2019, said that the firing of Shokin was universally urged by Ukraine’s benefactors. “The demand came not just from the U.S., and not just from Biden,” he said. “I heard it in every meeting with the international financial institutions, especially the IMF and World Bank. It was not just Biden. Clearly.”

Colin H. Kahl, Biden’s national security adviser at the time, told The Fact Checker that “our policy on corruption and Shokin in Ukraine kept getting tougher across 2015, so the whole theory of the case [in the New York Post] makes no sense.”

Why is this coming out now?

Good question. The FBI supposedly obtained the hard drive earlier this year from John MacIsaac, who said he owns the Wilmington Mac Shop.

MacIsaac told reporters on Wednesday that a MacBook laptop was dropped off at his shop in Wilmington, Del., in April 2019. MacIsaac, who said he was legally blind, said that he was almost certain that it was Hunter Biden who dropped off the computer. He said that he made several attempts to get in touch with Hunter Biden but the equipment was still in his hands 90 days after it had been left there, and he said that he became curious about what he’d seen.

He made a copy of the hard drive and gave it to Giuliani. This past weekend, Giuliani passed a copy to the New York Post. But presumably the laptop would have been of use to the year-long Senate investigation, which found no wrongdoing by Biden.

As Giuliani has sought to locate information about Hunter Biden and Ukraine, he has regularly interacted with a Ukrainian lawmaker who was recently sanctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department as being an “active Russian agent for over a decade” and was engaged in an influence operation to affect the 2020 election. Those interactions have given rise to fears that the emails could be part of a broader disinformation campaign.

The Fact Checker is a verified signatory to the International Fact-Checking Network code of principles
This fact check is available at IFCN’s 2020 U.S. Elections #Chatbot on WhatsApp. Click here for more.

nbm02ss

This might be the best thing that's come out of Biden's mouth during this whole campaign. I was kind of floored to hear a politician admit a mistake:
And over at the Trump town hall we've got someone horny for Trump's smile....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail
Top Bottom