Edson Barboza vs. Justin Gaethje official for UFC on ESPN 2 headliner (1 Viewer)

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I hate you all. And name bet? I don't like the idea of having both my name and AV changed- it confuses me when other people do it and I can't tell who they are. Jerks.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I'll take whatever of yours you are willing to give up. Unless justin suddenly decides to use his wrestling he is getting smoked.
You're not the first man to say that to me.

I'm not confident about Justin's chances but I think he has all the skills to win and it would be awesome to see him taking on the top 5 smarter. Plus Barboza's boxing is the least scary thing about him by a mile; which is where most of the fight will take place IMO.

Either name bet for a month or some kind of exercise thing like Farty did (though more abusive and not on camera because the internet is weird). Hilarious and inappropriate assassin's choice.

But I will never change my Belcher photo!

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
You're not the first man to say that to me.

I'm not confident about Justin's chances but I think he has all the skills to win and it would be awesome to see him taking on the top 5 smarter. Plus Barboza's boxing is the least scary thing about him by a mile; which is where most of the fight will take place IMO.

Either name bet for a month or some kind of exercise thing like Farty did (though more abusive and not on camera because the internet is weird). Hilarious and inappropriate assassin's choice.

But I will never change my Belcher photo!
Name bet 1 month I got Barbosa.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
I've seen how utterly durable Gaethje has been for years, dating back to those WSOF wars he got into with fricking Palomino(2X), Melvin and Firmino(goddamn his WSOF fights were hella fun!), but attending to trends and patterns over his fighting career, that durability has visibly eroded given the miles his chin is carrying. Going into UFC with those fights and then wearing the after-effects of the Eddie, Johnson and Poirier fights, I think he's started to go into these wars with a lower powerbar(as is only natural when you take damage over time) and being matched up with a buzzsaw like Barboza, he's going to be getting into a dogfight where he's going to have to sling and absorb something in return, which I'm not so sure he'll be capable of answering at this juncture in his career.

IMO, this first round is gonna be a banger and is likely the best time for Gaethje to try and shut Edson's eyes and call it an early night, but they compliment each other so much in their stellar offence, I think the longer they're in the cage trading and the more shots Edson can give, the lesser shot Justin has of walking out conscious.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
UFC on ESPN 2 in Philadelphia gets 12th fight with Mark De La Rosa vs. Alex Perez
A bantamweight matchup between Mark De La Rosa (11-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Alex Perez (21-5 MMA, 3-1 UFC) will take place on the card later this month, according to a report from PhillyVoice.com.

UFC on ESPN 2 takes place March 30 at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. The card airs on ESPN following early prelims on ESPN+.
[DOUBLEPOST=1552446705,1552446059][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1552486088][/DOUBLEPOST]Ray Borg gets new opponent for UFC on ESPN 2; Kevin Holland vs. Gerald Meerschaert added
The UFC on ESPN 2 card continues to evolve with less than three weeks until the event.

Former UFC title challenger Ray Borg (11-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) has lost originally scheduled opponent Pingyuan Liu and will now fight Kyler Phillips (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in a bantamweight bout on the card later this month.

Also, a new matchup has been added to the card as middleweights Kevin Holland (13-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Gerald Meerschaert (28-10 MMA, 4-2 UFC) are scheduled to clash.

Both bits of news were first reported by PhillyVoice.com.

UFC on ESPN 2 takes place March 30 at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. The card airs on ESPN following early prelims on ESPN+.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Jessica Aguilar replaces Alexa Grasso, will face Marina Rodriguez at UFC on ESPN 2
Marina Rodriguez has a new opponent for next week’s UFC event.

The unbeaten Contender Series alum, who was matched-up against Alexa Grasso at the UFC on ESPN 2 card in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on March 30, will now take on Jessica Aguilar, multiple sources told MMA Fighting,

Rodriguez (10-0-1) made her debut as a UFC fighter last September, fighting to a majority draw with Randa Markos at UFC Sao Paulo. She won 10 straight going into the promotion, including a quick TKO victory over Rizin veteran Maria Oliveira in Las Vegas.

Aguilar (20-7), a former WSOF strawweight titleholder, looks to get back on track after losing to Chinese prospect Weili Zhang in November. Prior to that, the veteran fighter scored her first UFC victory with a decision against Jodie Esquibel at UFC Boise.

UFC on ESPN 2 will be headlined by a lightweight clash between Edson Barboza and Justin Gaethje.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
[DOUBLEPOST=1553551005,1553539729][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1553609629][/DOUBLEPOST]LFA double champ Casey Kenney steps in vs. Ray Borg on short notice at UFC Philadelphia

Ray Borg’s road to his octagon return has been filled with hardship, so what’s one more hiccup along the way?

Borg (11-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) has experienced a fight week opponent change with Kyler Phillips no longer on the card and Casey Kenney (11-1-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will step in to face the former UFC title challenger in a bantamweight bout on Saturday at UFC on ESPN 2.

UFC.com announced the change, but did not reveal a reason for Phillips’ withdrawal from the card.

UFC on ESPN 2 takes place at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. The card airs on ESPN following early prelims on ESPN+.

Borg has not seen action since October 2017 when he suffered a memorable submission loss to then-UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson at UFC 216. Since then, Borg has had six different fights fall through for a variety of reasons, including two at UFC on ESPN 2.

Moreover, Borg suffered an eye injuryin the infamous Conor McGregor dolly-throwing rampage that occurred prior to UFC 223 in April and has also had to deal with his newborn son experiencing a multitude of health issues. 539 days after his previous octagon appearance, he will finally return.

Borg will welcome promotional newcomer Kenney, who fought this past Friday at LFA 62 and earned a highlight-reel knockout at LFA 62 to become the first dual-champ in company history. He makes a lightning-quick turnaround for the showdown with Borg.
The latest UFC on ESPN 2 lineup now includes:

MAIN CARD (ESPN, 7 p.m. ET)

• Edson Barboza vs. Justin Gaethje
  • David Branch vs. Jack Hermansson
  • Josh Emmett vs. Michael Johnson
  • Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Michelle Waterson
  • Paul Craig vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
  • Sheymon Moraes vs. Sodiq Yusuff
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, 5 p.m. ET)

• Jessica Aguilar vs. Marina Rodriguez
  • Desmond Green vs. Ross Pearson
  • Kevin Aguilar vs. Enrique Barzola
  • Kevin Holland vs. Gerald Meerschaert
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 3:30 p.m. ET)

• Ray Borg vs. Casey Kenney
  • Maryna Moroz vs. Sabina Mazo
  • Mark De La Rosa vs. Alex Perez
[DOUBLEPOST=1553609830][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1553610415][/DOUBLEPOST]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel