Dana White's 'Lookin' for a Fight' reality series picked up by Netflix (1 Viewer)

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
http://www.mmamania.com/2016/8/7/12...n-for-a-fight-series-picked-up-by-netflix-mma

According to a report from Bangor Daily News, Dana White's "Lookin' for a Fight"reality series -- which currently airs on the promotion's YouTube channel and on Fight Pass -- has been picked up by Netflix.

"They bought 16 episodes, eight in this country and eight out of the country. We're going to be doing shows in Russia, Thailand, the (United Kingdom) and a bunch of other countries. We're literally going to go everywhere," said White, who came up with the idea for the show and funded it himself.

The show sees White, Matt Serra and Din Thomas scour the country to attend local mixed martial arts (MMA) events in order to look for new talent while getting into crazy adventures themselves.

"I came up with the concept for it, put the cast together and then we went out and just funded it ourselves to put up on YouTube."

Spoon

There is no Spoon
Survival Pool Champion
Last year they filmed them and released them once a month from January to July (and a pilot that previous September where they found Sage Northcutt.) But they stopped doing that for some reason. I can't remember exactly when, but I know Matt wasn't on the UFC podcast, and they said he was out filming it. That was either the beginning of June, but I want to say it was closer to the beginning of May.

I've been wondering the same thing as Poindexter. Especially when they say it was headed to Netflix almost a year ago. Seems like it was something said off the record by Dana, to the local paper, and printed as if it was a done deal. Very weird that they wouldn't push out more episodes, when it was so popular. Maybe the sale to ABC-123 got in the way, either priority-wise, or simply not caring for it.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
This won't add too much insight but given his normal UFC schedule and obligations, doing all of these I'm sure takes time. A year isn't that long.

“They bought 16 episodes, eight in this country and eight out of the country,” said White. “We’re going to be doing shows in Russia, Thailand, the [United Kingdom] and a bunch of other countries. We’re literally going to go everywhere.”

Spoon

There is no Spoon
Survival Pool Champion
The answer finally came out:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-explains-why-deal-with-netflix-fell-through

Now White has finally revealed what happened when speaking to former UFC fighter Mike Swick on his podcast.

“I was doing a deal with Netflix, we ended up doing a deal with YouTube,” White said. “Netflix wanted me to do too many f–king shows. I’m not a television f–king host.

“They wanted too many shows out of me. I couldn’t do it. I would have never been able to honor it.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel