Dana White targets illegal streaming suspect before UFC 257, working with feds on bust

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
With the help of federal authorities, the UFC is ready to drop the hammer on someone who could have plans to host an illegal stream of UFC 257.

UFC president Dana White made waves on social media earlier this month when he threatened an Instagram user who commented on one of White’s posts that he couldn’t wait to pirate Saturday’s pay-per-view headlined by Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirer. White later doubled down and said he “looked forward to the crying and the begging” from people who got caught.

Now, just two days before UFC 257, White says he has one person in his crosshairs.

“We got one. We got him,” White said during Thursday’s UFC 257 news conference. “We’re watching this guy right now. All you have to do is turn it on Saturday, and we got you, f*cker. I can’t wait. Turn it on Saturday, streamers, and see what happens.”

At the time, it was unclear what those words. Later in the day, White elaborated during an interview with BT Sport.

“When I came out and said this (earlier this month), all these guys started taunting me. So I went through, and I picked. I said, ‘You. You’re the guy.’ And I told my people, ‘I want this guy.’ And guess what? We got him,” White said, adding that the person in question is not American. “We’re watching his house, we’re listening to his phone conversations, and if he puts it up on Saturday, we got him.”

A high-ranking UFC official with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie that the promotion has been working with federal authorities to catch the suspected illegal streaming host. The official, familiar with the UFC’s thinking, indicated the promotion is looking to make this person an example.

Post automatically merged:

get your cookies ready!!!!!

thumper

Staff member
With the help of federal authorities, the UFC is ready to drop the hammer on someone who could have plans to host an illegal stream of UFC 257.

UFC president Dana White made waves on social media earlier this month when he threatened an Instagram user who commented on one of White’s posts that he couldn’t wait to pirate Saturday’s pay-per-view headlined by Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirer. White later doubled down and said he “looked forward to the crying and the begging” from people who got caught.

Now, just two days before UFC 257, White says he has one person in his crosshairs.

“We got one. We got him,” White said during Thursday’s UFC 257 news conference. “We’re watching this guy right now. All you have to do is turn it on Saturday, and we got you, f*cker. I can’t wait. Turn it on Saturday, streamers, and see what happens.”

At the time, it was unclear what those words. Later in the day, White elaborated during an interview with BT Sport.

“When I came out and said this (earlier this month), all these guys started taunting me. So I went through, and I picked. I said, ‘You. You’re the guy.’ And I told my people, ‘I want this guy.’ And guess what? We got him,” White said, adding that the person in question is not American. “We’re watching his house, we’re listening to his phone conversations, and if he puts it up on Saturday, we got him.”

A high-ranking UFC official with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie that the promotion has been working with federal authorities to catch the suspected illegal streaming host. The official, familiar with the UFC’s thinking, indicated the promotion is looking to make this person an example.

get your cookies ready!!!!!
it would be funny if it weren't so sad that this egomaniac thinks he's a fucking fbi agent.
WE got one, we got him
WE are watching his house
WE can monitor his calls and listen to them

No dana, THEY do all that. and I don't believe it anyway. I'm sure they have one, but who actually believes that the streamers are the ones taunting dana? it's the brainless basement dwelling pock marked cocksuckers that ruin it for everyone. If groups like this would just shut the fuck up they might fade into the background. but taunting someone that we know has the mental dexterity of a 5 year old chimp isn't going to do anything but draw attention

it's just sad how giddy he gets off ONE fucking person hehe

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor
it would be funny if it weren't so sad that this egomaniac thinks he's a fucking fbi agent.
WE got one, we got him
WE are watching his house
WE can monitor his calls and listen to them

No dana, THEY do all that. and I don't believe it anyway. I'm sure they have one, but who actually believes that the streamers are the ones taunting dana? it's the brainless basement dwelling pock marked cocksuckers that ruin it for everyone. If groups like this would just shut the fuck up they might fade into the background. but taunting someone that we know has the mental dexterity of a 5 year old chimp isn't going to do anything but draw attention

it's just sad how giddy he gets off ONE fucking person hehe
Its Dana. He always full of shit. He is probably just saying that as a scare tactic.

thumper

Staff member
Its Dana. He always full of shit. He is probably just saying that as a scare tactic.
I disagree to a point. I thoroughly believe Dana would go a very self involved effort JUST to see someone busted. I think he'd spend many thousands of dollars and enormous amounts of personal time just so he could say he did it.

to see him spend a couple weeks and $20,000 to see him bust some college kid streaming for free? Yep I do think so.

The thing people aren't realizing is this new law that makes it a felony has a LOT of criteria to protect the average joe from some egomaniac going to the ends of the earth just to bust someone.

But you have to realize that none of the lists we see would even be eligible for felony charges since they're almost all streaming them free.

I think the only people this would really catch is those sites that gave streams away for years, then started asking for donations, then started making members pay monthly or cut them are who could get tapped. but by and large, if you're not making money from it you can't even be charged with the new felony stuff.

Also, I wish there was a legit study done on how much revenue is actually lost from illegal streamers. I think the amount of people that would jump up and start paying full price rather than just find a stream would be exceptionally low.

Last edited:

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Survival Pool Champion
Can the FBI do anything against a foreign national that’s streaming a ufc event? I guess it’s the intellectual property of an American company but surely they’re relying on law enforcement in whatever nation the streamer is resident in

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor
I disagree to a point. I thoroughly believe Dana would go a very self involved effort JUST to see someone busted. I think he'd spend many thousands of dollars and enormous amounts of personal time just so he could say he did it.

to see him spend a couple weeks and $20,000 to see him bust some college kid streaming for free? Yep I do think so.

The thing people aren't realizing is this new law that makes it a felony has a LOT of criteria to protect the average joe from some egomaniac going to the ends of the earth just to bust someone.

But you have to realize that none of the lists we see would even be eligible for felony charges since they're almost all streaming them free.

I think the only people this would really catch is those sites that gave streams away for years, then started asking for donations, then started making members pay monthly or cut them are who could get tapped. but by and large, if you're not making money from it you can't even be charged with the new felony stuff.
I agree Dana is that petty. I question whether a law enforcement agency would actually tell him about being close to an arrest.

Also, I wish there was a legit study done on how much revenue is actually lost from illegal streamers. I think the amount of people that would jump up and start paying full price rather than just find a stream would be exceptionally low
We have seen from the success of streaming that people are willing to pay for reasonably priced contents. I think the vast majority of people that stream UFC wouldn't pay for it. The UFC probably loses just as much revenue from fight result gif as illegal streaming.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
Can the FBI do anything against a foreign national that’s streaming a ufc event? I guess it’s the intellectual property of an American company but surely they’re relying on law enforcement in whatever nation the streamer is resident in
most nations will corporate with american authorities except Russia, they just don't give a fuck there.

Last edited:

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
I agree Dana is that petty. I question whether a law enforcement agency would actually tell him about being close to an arrest.

We have seen from the success of streaming that people are willing to pay for reasonably priced contents. I think the vast majority of people that stream UFC wouldn't pay for it. The UFC probably loses just as much revenue from fight result gif as illegal streaming.
Yeah, it be nice to see how many new subscribers this event pulls in, I cannot imagine it will be many given the 90 dollar price tag, and don't think Dana threatening to blow up your house if you stream the event is going to help that number much.

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Survival Pool Champion
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if cookies are disrupted. Tonight will be interesting.

How did the cookies crumble for this event? Any different from normal?
I went to mates house for ppv bro love so we were sweet but I’m hoping none of the regular cookie bakeries were shut for business

thumper

Staff member
I went to mates house for ppv bro love so we were sweet but I’m hoping none of the regular cookie bakeries were shut for business
I noticed two major sites didn't show up tonight and I'd bet money it's because they weren't sure if he was talking about them or not. Purely a guess but on those sites that list all the streams I didn't see anything different. No clue if the streams worked or not. that might be a different story

MBC

Is he only referring to the people who are actually hosting it for free or those watching it from those sites. If people have a VPN how could he even find out anyway.

ILJO

Site Donor
Is he only referring to the people who are actually hosting it for free or those watching it from those sites. If people have a VPN how could he even find out anyway.
He's going after the suppliers, not the users.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
One I know of went down temporarily. Not sure if a source was busted or just a glitch though.

Last edited:

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I think that's more the Feds keeping an eye on Dana and his business practices than his intellectual property concerns

ILJO

Site Donor
Gotta wonder how much working "with" the feds they're doing. Is Dana just like "you call me if you need any help, FBI"?
I don't know but he keeps saying "we're" watching this guy, "we're" doing this, "we're" doing that. I found myself wondering the same thing. Like I highly doubt you're doing much investigating motherfucker.

From the sounds of it he just pointed his finger at someone who taunted him on Facebook and basically outted themself. That's about the extent to which he was involved, aside from getting updates on the situation.

They're basically looking to make an example out of a handful of people and hope that scares the rest out of doing it. We'll see how well it works.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Because historically that's always worked. I think it's more likely that Dana is just lying. Seems popular with his brand. I don't think you need to enlist the FBI to find or prosecute the people violating copyright infringement.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Because historically that's always worked. I think it's more likely that Dana is just lying. Seems popular with his brand. I don't think you need to enlist the FBI to find or prosecute the people violating copyright infringement.
You don't think they have the same work model as private detective?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail
Top Bottom