Dana White announces Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje for Oct. 24

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
Survival Pool Champion
Khabib Nurmagomedov will make his return to the octagon on Oct. 24, UFC president Dana White has announced.

White confirmed to CNN that Nurmagomedov, the Russian lightweight champion, will return to action against interim champ Justin Gaethje as he bids to continue his undefeated career following a tragic time in his personal life.

Nurmagomedov’s father and coach, Abdulmanap, died from issues related to COVID-19 earlier this month. But White told CNN that Nurmagomedov will be ready to return in October.

“It’s been very rough on him,” White said. “His father was a hero to him. He loved his father. They had a very, very close relationship, and it was very hard on him.”

Nurmagomedov (28-0 MMA, 12-0 UFC) originally was scheduled to face Tony Ferguson in April, but the COVID-19 pandemic meant their fifth fight booking went by the wayside.

Gaethje (22-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC)) stepped in and stopped Ferguson in the fifth round on May 9 at UFC 249 to claim the interim title and book himself a future shot at Nurmagomedov. News of the death of the champion’s father put any plans for a summer matchup on hold.

However, according to White, that bout will still take place, with the date now set for Oct. 24. at a venue to be confirmed.

“It’s going to happen, I tell you right here, right now,” White said. “That fight’s going to happen: Khabib vs. Gaethje, October 24.”

White previously has hinted at Nurmagomedov vs. Gaethje taking place on “Fight Island,” though that remains up in the air.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Cynthia Calvillo, Lauren Murphy agree to fight at UFC 254

With the addition, the latest UFC 254 lineup includes:
  • Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje
  • Jared Cannonier vs. Robert Whittaker
  • Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lauren Murphy

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
fifty fucking four
sneaks up on you. happens in the blink of an eye. time flies. time speeds up as you get older. father time is undefeated. LOL

I'm a couple months older than you.

In a couple months my daughter will be 30. She thinks she's getting old.

thumper

Staff member
sneaks up on you. happens in the blink of an eye. time flies. time speeds up as you get older. father time is undefeated. LOL

I'm a couple months older than you.

In a couple months my daughter will be 30. She thinks she's getting old.
Jesus. You know, I never had kids, even when married, because i always felt like I just wasn't ready. I guess most people think like that, but bite the bullet. I just never could.

Now I'm glad and sad about it. Hard to explain

nbm02ss

This is going to be one of those threads where every time I see an update I'll get scared because the fight has been cancelled.

LebenTysonTank

I'm rooting for Gaethje and think that without a doubt this will be Khabibs toughest fight and stylistic matchup. Although if Khabib wins I won't be to let down because that will hopefully open up the door for a Khabib vs GSP fight,which I would be super hyped for.

Reactions: Miz

Virtualpurple

Go Team Venture!
I really appreciate Gaethje, he brings a lot of excitement.

that being said, I really want Khabib taking this one. He is a good and humble guy, and he lost his father recently. I’d love to see him have that storybook finish of retiring undefeated.

I was hoping DC would go out with a win, but his last two fights I found myself liking him less,shoulda been more classy to Stipe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom